Gator Uncaged

Hey Propa, I would also use 2 pumps/reservoirs. All those large tube type systems seem to have delivery/return issues, getting the whole flow thru a 4" tube full of roots. One on each side, or one on top and one on the bottom......I talked with a farmer in Florida growing strawberries and peppers and tomatoes vertically and he has issues with the nutes being "used up" by the time they get to the bottom pot (growing 5 or 6 tall). He was running a diluted drain to waste--the waste being used to grow greens on the ground level. He was surprised how well I understood his system and asked what I grew.....I said I stick to soil mostly. I suggested that he add a 2nd feed line near the bottom of the tower with less flow than the top emitter.

On water control and nutrient delivery, Mr Smith demonstrated several issues. My plan is to fertigate through drip emitters to each plant, hopefully twice through separate duplicate systems. Redundancy is insurance that will ensure NFT plants won't die in a day should a pump fail. Lloyds of London can't sell me a better policy. Too, a five level stack will have ten separately drained tubes: half with three segments, half with five. An inspection hole over the screened outlet(s) will allow preventative maintainance. Each of 40 straight pieces will be drilled identically for simplicity. I plan a two level one light trial grow this summer, 32 holes.

Commercial hydroponic market gardners are my inspiration, and demonstrators of working techniques. After all, what am I?

Twelve days back with eleven PE budsicles, a trial
000_2070.JPG

today @39 12s
000_2082.JPG

mixed tray @32 12s, from left PE, SW, White Rhino, CH9 Commercial (.com), and skinny useless Lucy. I'll grow her again large someday, but not in the vert array. .com needs work, WR maybe.
000_2085.JPG

Moms eager for a summer haircut
000_2077.JPG

into 2" net cups, where their life then death happens
000_2074.JPG
000_2075.JPG

Piece coir on the bottoms, then coco to the tops

Here's four of my nine vert PEs
000_2063.JPG

Vert SW right, and Lucy in the rear
000_2065.JPG

I'll share a sample of this Snow White with my best customer, but not the Lucy; it's mine :)

looking most lovely my friend! the budsicles look like something i would grow lol, im working on some biguns in my veg tent moms will be bluberry gum,blue cheese,white widowXbig bud,chemdog, and maybe a k-roc, been wrapped up im the move and jacking myself up falling down stairs, when a big cripple falls its not a pretty or plesant experience! i was surprised i only got a few brusies and sprained my ankle. im loving the sound of your new setup, my minds eye sees a beautiful effective gator diy , i will get back to posting regular soon i hope, having dsl troubles,seems the new houe has never had a phone (sigh)

Play Starcraft? Daily for a couple years, and Trump Card from the bottom compulsively. 30 minutes 0 fatalities the goal, as always. Actually, the point is to walk a barrage and please wave your white flag at my Siege Tanks :rofl:
Get close and make Goliaths happy :)

All the plants are looking great there Propa, but I am drawn to the verts. Hope you get the SOG optimized by strain in time for the test run this summer.

Glad to see ya got it growing on there Propa. Bud on a stick. Cool fast grow method. Hey you ever want a plant that might be a good one to try that with? Chronic might be nice. Very little side branchs and big main cola's. I hear up as large as a woman's calf. I had some suppose to be chronic once and did a kind of large SOG with them. This was many years back and they say the first thing to go is your memory, the second,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hmmmmm I foreget. Oh well. Looks great there dude. Keepem Green

Play Starcraft? Daily for a couple years, and Trump Card from the bottom compulsively. 30 minutes 0 fatalities the goal, as always. Actually, the point is to walk a barrage and please wave your white flag at my Siege Tanks :rofl:
Get close and make Goliaths happy :)
Kekekeke!

:) Love the grow Gator, but you know that!
Thanks for showing some of the coco-set up. I'll be trying it next year mainly cause I've been watching you.

I suck at RTS games, though do enjoy them... Starcraft is nostalgic as one of my brothers, whom I never knew much of before being a teen, played it on his visit to Hawaii. Watched him go through the campain for the original and brood war... Good times!
We're the two biggest gaming nerds in the family.

Kekekeke!

:) Love the grow Gator, but you know that!
Thanks for showing some of the coco-set up. I'll be trying it next year mainly cause I've been watching you.

I suck at RTS games, though do enjoy them... Starcraft is nostalgic as one of my brothers, whom I never knew much of before being a teen, played it on his visit to Hawaii. Watched him go through the campain for the original and brood war... Good times!
We're the two biggest gaming nerds in the family.
gator is a coco master many a tip n trick i have learned from him perhaps we should all have a skirmish and watch gator rip us up in the battle net ! i do know where my starcraft disc's are,,un fortunatly i wil have to wait till around the 15 th due to my isp having to dig a trench for wires to my new casa and i will be netless till then, but then again i'll have time to practise! hehe :thumb:

gator is a coco master many a tip n trick i have learned from him perhaps we should all have a skirmish and watch gator rip us up in the battle net ! i do know where my starcraft disc's are,,un fortunatly i wil have to wait till around the 15 th due to my isp having to dig a trench for wires to my new casa and i will be netless till then, but then again i'll have time to practise! hehe :thumb:

Yessir, Propa-G is a coco guru! I owe most of my coco knowledge to him sharing his journals and answering my pesky questions over the years. MUCH LOVE PROPA-G!! :thanks:

well im making my rounds before im offline for a few weeks, i shall deeply miss all the progress and chatter im my 420 mag familys journals,,,=-{ keep up the good work, i may peek in on everybody a bit from my moms house/wifi hotspot, i gave up on fancy nettified cellphones (a month to soon lol) i will miss stalking PE at gatorspad and i suppose i might miss mr gator a wee bit too:adore::adore: but i will return!!! (didn't Custer say that?) cant wait to see all the hydrogress you will have made by then!
n-e-wayz ttfn b4 i get all mushy and start crying like i did when i was a lil' girl!! lol

I love coir. It's perfect with OC+ in my system, for my needs. I'm glad I've had the benefit of learning the use of coir from the teachers here at 420.

Thanks for stating your experience coir and OC+ :thanks:

I'll likely end this journal, start another when the waterworks work. I've not answered anybody lately, but don't want to be rude.

I'd been too long without a guitar, like 20 years. Much work ahead re-acquiring old chops and new. A propa valve amp is in shipment, but what I have now allows me to play for hours. My fingertips scream, they'll toughen. My new love is an old flame that never went cold, and I can still play and will until I can't. Another very close neighbor died last week, found by his stink and made me think: what can I do now that's worthy? Politics make me feel small, and 420 growers can read et al. What good can I actually do till I'm gone? Play a song

My poems most always flow neat, written to a lyrical beat
New ones will be tabbed, and recorded on Garage Band
I'll give up a clue, a little preview: though I listen to all that's not new, what I do is Blues

Was in an Oceanside CA USMC(Official, yes of course) bar when I first heard "Lucille" singing the intro to The Thrill is Gone, and was instantly done with my classic nylon-stringed accustic back home. I survived SE Asia but 40 years later, still get the blues :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom