Gator Uncaged

I remember looking up those supercritical CO2 extractors online... Many of the companies that make them didn't have price lists.. Thats always a good sign ;).

Bet it would be one of the more dangerous DIY projects to undertake.

I remember looking up those supercritical CO2 extractors online... Many of the companies that make them didn't have price lists.. Thats always a good sign ;).

Bet it would be one of the more dangerous DIY projects to undertake.

Danger makes everything more fun.....I think dry ice and a bubble bag will work just fine for you Gator. It's easiest, cleanest, and fastest....and maybe the best too (goes against my tag line I just realized). I guess ice water is cheaper.....

Danger makes everything more fun.....I think dry ice and a bubble bag will work just fine for you Gator. It's easiest, cleanest, and fastest....and maybe the best too (goes against my tag line I just realized). I guess ice water is cheaper.....

Cheaper, only because you can make all that ice in your freezer, but then that knocks out fast. Dry Ice is dirt frikkin cheap (1.99/LB here), quick as hell extraction, and the best way I know to get it done and not have a sticky mess everywhere, with the added benefit of not needing to be in a well ventilated area (outside) so as not to blow your house up next time you toke.

All winter, patiently waiting for snow & ice. Nada, and my little dorm-sized fridge doesn't do ice. No Gumby
I don't mind buying/carrying ice home, but the mess isn't attractive. Fetching dry ice from a few miles away is a trip, on a bike.
Or a taxi, which takes cheap out of dry ice description. It's not the $20, but my noosey neighbors seeing me pay the cabbie. I guess 1st of the month might be OK, when they all waste their entitlement checks. Be like them(shudder)

These cold action processes break the intact trichome head from the stalk, and use the trich head's density for separation.
Smeared trichomes won't make the cut. Trichome stalk is also left behind, isn't it? What's it made of?
Mashed trich heads are a concern, as the spinner is ruthless.
Do I 'need' the mash-up? No, but solvent seems most efficient to get it. Hydrocarbons scare the snot out of me, with either residues or fire.
I may not need it, but I want it. Supercritical fluid extraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is ridiculous reality. Oh, well hell

Well, when you're on your grocery trip, grab some dry ice, and put it in the bag with the frozen items. 2 benefits there: your frozen items will stay frozen on the trip home, and you'll have dry ice without making a special trip! TIP: Put the plastic bag with frozen items in a paper bag. Cold, brittle plastic from dry ice will spill your food on the parking lot. Trim can sit a while while you write out a grocery list and make the trip on your regular time.

Don't know where exactly brother, but seen your hood online or on TV
Homes have place for two of the cars, with a third doing drama frequently
Not so where I live where driving's a pain, too costly too crowded insane
Walk bike or taxi for privacy, the rest ride the bus or a train

Had a little time to catch up and things couldn't look better Propa:circle-of-love:

I really like how you've moved to doing perpetual, so I can see non-stop goodness :high-five:

Your plants always look so frosty and I wouldn't pass up on any part of the plant if you grew it! lol:circle-of-love:

Keep up the insane work my friend, even though I haven been a little drawn back it is fantastic to come back to this!:Namaste:

When we first grew cannabis, we started small on a shoestring and grew into it.
With supercritical fluid extraction, there is no learning curve with the set-up. It's gotta be right first time.
Very compelling idea. It'll grab the goody quick at the right pressure & temperature.
Cheap, recycled, enviro green beer gas. Ironic?

BushyII had a lot of leaf with petioles in need of scissor work. Poorly managed, it ended with a lot of tiny buds of little value; those are the ones I smoke. Large and small weighed 242g wet, and took 70 minutes. I'll have saved 3 hrs or so when they're done. One thumb up for sure, another likely. Nugs are on one fabric shelf and will be till dry, for final weight. I'm not likely to worry about dry weight after this, just wet. Net shelves can likely fit twice or more each layer @ 36" wide.

"me thinks spiffy will not be so happy with another mad scientist endeavour!"
Rule one: She's always right
Rule two: If she messes up, refer to rule one.

Propa....you got to stop this stuff....that one got me on the floor. :rofl:

In the round, 400 bare vert HPS. 9 PEs, 1 Lucy, and a burly Snow White
000_2049.JPG
000_2052.JPG

SW from other side, Lucy behind her
000_2056.JPG

Flat side, 16 PE @ 46 days and others
000_2053.JPG

OH HO HO ME LIKEY!! im haveing major second thoughts about hydro/buckets, seems its a constant battle with ph,with jy well water that leaves its presence anywhere it touches,even on blades f grass in the lawn i see rust near the sprinkler locations, perhaps tisbest to only use my new 10 site tote ala dwc for clones,thenagain those solids may provide the buffer to keep ph stable, a test is in order! :thumb:in any case coco works like the proverbial charm, vert looks fat & sick in the newfangled good way of course :thumb:

"jy well water"
If it ever rains on your desert settlement, and if there are gutters on your house roof, a big enough rainbarrel will collect better than RO water for you. RO filters waste most of the water pumped into them, and desert wells have a bottom.
Coco coir's natural buffering is handy and effective. Where my garden's going however, is elsewhere. I'll expect twice the result from the same area with a sog, as a single ring around the light bulb. Mr Smith's stacked flooded tube grow is also on my radar. I've been scheming design improvements on it, and feel compelled. Each level should be seperate and split so that the array can be swung open for maintainance, harvest, and reloading. I've just now (30 minutes) bought online a big bunch of 2" netpots. Coco will serve moms & experiments, production runs will be hydro.

Coco coir is good for hatching baby gators who live & grow in water.

"Everytime I'm in this journal, I want a bare(no reflector) vert bulb more and more. "
Resistance is futile, but be prepared to lose enjoyment from sitting & staring at your garden growing. That killa bare bulb is always right in your eye.

I'm not blind yet and will keep on doing it until I need glasses :)

Back
Top Bottom