Gator Uncaged

'Ladies' are ripe & ready, but unlike my cat give me no artistic feedback. He wants my lap back, boo hoo. I want the harvest done, and my valve-driven practice amp delivered already. Next week I'll give axe up to the shop for a propa set-up. Nut shaved, truss torqued, bridge lowered, Humbuckers raised. Do it myself??? I won't even adjust my bicycle! I pay professionals for critical service. I should be trading for such work with sacks of da kine :hmmmm: Problem: brick & morter joints want/need cash. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's

I'll post a last series of pictures of this vert crop soon. Next cage must be an octogon, multi levels. Point-source light is poorly distributed to a flat grow, so vertical to the end for Gator. Donors live in coir, but croppers will get only moving water, wit(sic).

Hey Propa, you can do all that axe work yourself pretty easy, just take it slow, one step at a time. I'm slowly working thru all my gear myself, made my own tube amp, search ax84, and 10" cab. If you go to a small private shop, you may be able to barter. You hit the nail on the head with the point source of light. Like I said way back, the sog would be great if you set it up like a stadium.....it becomes more "vert like".....equal distance from plants to light all around.

What kind of amp did you get? For practice, I would get a Rockblock.

Yes OG I'll do the adjustments, thanks for the buzz. I got a German(Behringer)/Chinese amp, Bugera V5. I am very pleased with it's fat tone and power. Retro looks don't hurt none, neither. Don't need a pedal for compression/sustain now, just leathering of my bar finger & nano hydraulics to augment atrophied hand muscles. Getting old is waay better than the alternative, but...

Built your own old school amp? Lotta work to avoid Chinese workmanship. I sold a Z then bought my amp and a nice dinner with GF.
I totally love having an output transformer in there, it's analog like a furry muff :love:

Problem with stadium is the horizontal bulb. Half it's radiation goes in the wrong direction, only part of which is reflected towards usefulness. I was not happy with my yield from two test trays. They couldn't all be ideally placed under the light, like 'Shorty' and it showed. Good quality yeah, yada yada. I own a triple beam for a reason besides the facts that it's analog and needs no battery.

'Ladies' are ripe & ready, but unlike my cat give me no artistic feedback. He wants my lap back, boo hoo. I want the harvest done, and my valve-driven practice amp delivered already. Next week I'll give axe up to the shop for a propa set-up. Nut shaved, truss torqued, bridge lowered, Humbuckers raised. Do it myself??? I won't even adjust my bicycle! I pay professionals for critical service. I should be trading for such work with sacks of da kine :hmmmm: Problem: brick & morter joints want/need cash. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's

I'll post a last series of pictures of this vert crop soon. Next cage must be an octogon, multi levels. Point-source light is poorly distributed to a flat grow, so vertical to the end for Gator. Donors live in coir, but croppers will get only moving water, wit(sic).
Ive seen one cat really react to my playing music, it was my aunts... It loved it, purred and went nuts at my feet! Even with the crazy latin stuff..

My rabbits liked usually slower jazz tunes... I love that you play blues,like you werent the bee's knees already!
OMM blew me away with stories of hanging out with some of the greats... And a picture of himself plus Dizzy... :adore:

I have a Fender Strat that I miss playing... Maybe I'll take it up again? Could be good mental floss. Just a little old Fender "Sidekick" amp to practice with, but it works! I've always wanted a Gibson Les Paul sunburst, but never got around to it. Another "someday" item I guess!

Hope you are well Gator, and good luck with them callouses. :thumb:

Strat and a Sidekick? Fresh set of Slinkys then boogie ;) Neither of us are likely to plug in with the Rolling Stones.
Maybe with the Stoned Rollers? Geezers at the Home in wheelchairs towing equipment dollies. Get the old girls up and dancing!
Rock 'n Roll Never Forgets works like a charm.

Mental floss, brilliant X. While pounding out scales or letting a melodic line flow, the beast abates. Petty regrets too, forget it.
The big issues of emotional state-of-being are addressable in the language of music.

When I drove taxi, some of my customers got in my cab with bad attytood from industrial disease. A memorable few got cured for a while with a deft selection on my ipod. DJ Gator the taxi driver. Good times. One girl, 30ish and a likely corporate attorney got in alone as bars closed with a bag of greasy burger & fries. She was pissed from bad relations with guys who "are all dicks". Quick as a wink, I had Cyndi Lauper singing Girls Just Want to Have Fun. She heard two bars and was bouncing side to side in the back seat, flinging her fries. Made her night.
Another girl was off her route in the dark, and righteously apprehensive. Me stopping was her good fortune, but when she heard Jackson Browne singing Too Many Angels, she felt safe and happy. Told me so. Had no idea who was that singing solo with accustic guitar. One night, I played that piece 20 times in a row, for myself.

Deege, I love drumming. I lack timing but fully appreciate it's presentation. I freaked for a while to Santana recordings, and was all about his guitar, but his art doesn't stand well without percussion. When he holds notes for ransom in Black Magic Woman, rippling congas save the day. Taiko drums make emotional impact without scales nor chords. Imagine Stars and Stripes Forever without a double synchronous snare solo? After 8 weeks at Parris Island USMCRD with no music, the base band played for graduation with professional excellence. I was thrilled to shivers, and can today 43 years later replay that performance like a video in my head.
Well, some of it :hmmmm:

Hey jandre, strings still hurt a bit for a few minutes but numb quickly. Fingertip pads will toughen more

THsea, I had a cat who went ga ga when I would whistle any tune. Tone like birdsong? Rabbits like background music; silence warns of danger.

Mental floss, brilliant X. While pounding out scales or letting a melodic line flow, the beast abates. Petty regrets too, forget it.
The big issues of emotional state-of-being are addressable in the language of music.

When I drove taxi, some of my customers got in my cab with bad attytood from industrial disease. A memorable few got cured for a while with a deft selection on my ipod. DJ Gator the taxi driver. Good times. One girl, 30ish and a likely corporate attorney got in alone as bars closed with a bag of greasy burger & fries. She was pissed from bad relations with guys who "are all dicks". Quick as a wink, I had Cyndi Lauper singing Girls Just Want to Have Fun. She heard two bars and was bouncing side to side in the back seat, flinging her fries. Made her night.
Another girl was off her route in the dark, and righteously apprehensive. Me stopping was her good fortune, but when she heard Jackson Browne singing Too Many Angels, she felt safe and happy. Told me so. Had no idea who was that singing solo with accustic guitar. One night, I played that piece 20 times in a row, for myself.

Brilliant yourself, brother Propa! I'm not a musician...actually rather envious of you folks that can make music, I can only appreciate it...

There is most definitely a special language that music speaks...I don't always understand what it saying, but I don't have to understand it. It's not speaking to me...it's speaking to my soul.

The solo Too Many Angles is beautiful... I'm a very empathetic person to begin with, songs like that just pour out emotion to me.

:Namaste:

Taiko! Now there's something cat can only be appreciated ad FULL VOLUME! I spent thousands on my sound system trying to get the true sound of the big drum to rumble though my speakers, and still had distortion. Live is definitely better.

Those that doin't know Taiko.....

[video=youtube;YNmXNc95ncU]
[/video]

Get stoned, turn the volume WAAAAAAAAY Up, sit back and listen to this....

(WARNING: if you have small speakers, adjust for bass reduction a bit.)

Strat and a Sidekick? Fresh set of Slinkys then boogie ;) Neither of us are likely to plug in with the Rolling Stones.
Maybe with the Stoned Rollers? Geezers at the Home in wheelchairs towing equipment dollies. Get the old girls up and dancing!

Deege, I love drumming. I lack timing but fully appreciate it's presentation. I freaked for a while to Santana recordings, and was all about his guitar, but his art doesn't stand well without percussion. When he holds notes for ransom in Black Magic Woman, rippling congas save the day. Taiko drums make emotional impact without scales nor chords. Imagine Stars and Stripes Forever without a double synchronous snare solo? After 8 weeks at Parris Island USMCRD with no music, the base band played for graduation with professional excellence. I was thrilled to shivers, and can today 43 years later replay that performance like a video in my head.

Hey jandre, strings still hurt a bit for a few minutes but numb quickly. Fingertip pads will toughen more

THsea, I had a cat who went ga ga when I would whistle any tune. Tone like birdsong? Rabbits like background music; silence warns of danger.

Now that's pure Gator Aid! :bravo:

I hearr ya totally on that Black magic reference! Great tunes too! I love music :love:

Carlos Santana proves that a guitar need not be be played fast to be played well. I developed many callouses trying to emulate his style, though I missed the mark by many miles I'm afraid. I'm a hack!

I used to love watching the young kid he had on drums - Woodstock era. Gripped the sticks old school style. I think he was only like 17 during Woodstock if I remember correctly (the drummer).

bigirishdoode said:
dang i really miss my daily hangings out in the forum, here at mums today, i managed new pics, but now its time to go, if my remoteness allows more like prohibits my fancy new android from delivering the web, but ill be back, full time eventually:thumb:

You could always root your phone and switch to a prl that offers service in your area, if someone does offer service. So if your on sprint you could flash Verizon prl and get service as needed.

You could always root your phone and switch to a prl that offers service in your area, if someone does offer service. So if your on sprint you could flash Verizon prl and get service as needed.

Rooting is dangerous, though, for someone that knows not what they do. Yes, there are apps, and ROM's out there that make this easy, but still...

Just make a backup, whatever you do, and after you do, don't frikkin' wipe your SD card.

Back
Top Bottom