1st Journal 32 2L Hempy - 420Fied Style

Re: 1st Journal 32 2l hempy(420fied style) Feat. Blue Planet Nutrients

ok because i notice people using this method have a "drainage Tray" that is at a slight angle so all the run off from the plants can drain away. I assume this is not necessary but probably makes things a little easier

Ya those act kind of like that, except I place 12 at a time in there hand feed them then let them set for 15-20 min for any drainage.

Alright guys, got some bleah news. below is a photo of my little girls 2 days after transplant. They just are not looking good. I am pretty positive where i screwed up on this set up to. Basically the clones i took were all different sizes tryed to take some cuttings off some sick plants i wanted to save, I did not want to waist a cutting and did some super small ones. Then because I have been battling spider mites like a mad man(havent seen any around since my last harvest but i know the fuckers are there!! So I dipped all the clones in an organic miticide right before transplanting....I am thinking I should wait a few days.
IMAG009911.jpg

What does this mean....the journal is on hold for a little bit about 7 days til the clones in my aero cloner are done(hopefully they take). They all are still standing so I assume things are going well! lol Monday i change the res and it will be 5 days hopefully I will at least see 1-2 sporting some root nubs. All those clones were taken with more care and are all in the 4-6 inch range so they should be just better clones all around. These ones I will not dip! I will spray them after week 2(this spray can be used up to 4 weeks into flower, actually says up to harvest but I am going to try just giving it 1-2 earlier on and hope with the hair cuts and the spray I wont be to bad.

Advantages is to this will be I will be able to have this grow all one strain, which will be nice for documenting its stretch pattern for future grows, I will prob. put 1 purple widow and 1 harliquin in this batch as well just so I can have an idea what they will stretch like as well so I dont have to guess so much.

as for what is going to happen to all the siclkys. I put them in my closet with 3 68W(300W Equiv) CFLS, its a 2x3 space and I wil let them stay in there and any that are coming around nicely in a week I will flower out in there, and toss any I don't see coming around.

ya i am feeding them on every feed...though these guys are only scheduled for the 3rd feeding. I am pretty sure I understand where i screwed up. Really going from a simple soil to this is a big step so i expected mistakes.
Things I have learned.....

the clones i used need daily watering from the get go because they were in root cubes and all the roots are curled up and compact from sitting in try/dome. So the roots take a lot longer to get to the res, unlike the aero clones whos roots are elongated from being suspended in air and only have a little way to go to get into the res.

No dipping clones in miticide before transplanting.....pretty sure that was the downfall of a lot of the current clones, combined with the little bit of a water issue.

Also I will not be taking skimpy ass clones any more, I am keeping them all in the 4-6 inch mark, closer on the 6 inch side. That way they are all in the same size range, and not a 2 inch tiny tim.....

Monday I change the res in the cloner(change every 5 days) and will have a first look to see if any roots have popped yet.

Also, in this set up, once I transplant clones should they be given nutes right of the back or a few days of plain water while they adjust from the cloner to the 2l bottle for 2-3 days?

I am subbed... I just started my 2L hempys and am going through some mistakes myself. Good luck!

ICE is a great strain. I have one ICE plant about 2 weeks from harvest. The frost on a blueish plant is quite beautiful right now.

I am subbed... I just started my 2L hempys and am going through some mistakes myself. Good luck!

ICE is a great strain. I have one ICE plant about 2 weeks from harvest. The frost on a blueish plant is quite beautiful right now.

Thanks for coming aboard! This is def. a big learning experience , thought the transition would be nice an easy, but mistakes are ok(frustrating but okay) but I think and hope things are straightened out.

and on Ice, love this strain. Though its not nearly as sturdy as my purple widow. I don't know what it is, but nothing can get that plant down. When i had spider mites the PW seemed almost uneffected but Ice and my Super Lemon haze I had were just raped! Same thing happend a few days back, mothers started showing signs of powdery mildew, didnt like the new home i made them. Ice was getting the powder all over her and the PW mom had it on just a few leaves.

And I don't know if this is normal for Ice(sadly I dont know the genetics i picked up the original clone from a dispensary) but I get a almost juicy fruit like smell from the flowers. My next venture I want to get seeds from a few strains and start moms that way so I know the genetics and eventually cross my own!

ya i am feeding them on every feed...though these guys are only scheduled for the 3rd feeding. I am pretty sure I understand where i screwed up. Really going from a simple soil to this is a big step so i expected mistakes.
Things I have learned.....

the clones i used need daily watering from the get go because they were in root cubes and all the roots are curled up and compact from sitting in try/dome. So the roots take a lot longer to get to the res, unlike the aero clones whos roots are elongated from being suspended in air and only have a little way to go to get into the res.

No dipping clones in miticide before transplanting.....pretty sure that was the downfall of a lot of the current clones, combined with the little bit of a water issue.

Also I will not be taking skimpy ass clones any more, I am keeping them all in the 4-6 inch mark, closer on the 6 inch side. That way they are all in the same size range, and not a 2 inch tiny tim.....

Monday I change the res in the cloner(change every 5 days) and will have a first look to see if any roots have popped yet.

Also, in this set up, once I transplant clones should they be given nutes right of the back or a few days of plain water while they adjust from the cloner to the 2l bottle for 2-3 days?

When I plant my clones I let them sit overnight and start feeding them the next day.

When I plant my clones I let them sit overnight and start feeding them the next day.

this may sound stupid but I love to dare to be stupid! I know reading your journal the plants were taking 8oz a day on the norm. Now I assume you initially gave the a good soak when you planted the clone in the bottle and then it just took the 8oz to keep them topped off?

I have a bad tendency to over think on new systems(not just growing) and forget the simple things that don't change.

this may sound stupid but I love to dare to be stupid! I know reading your journal the plants were taking 8oz a day on the norm. Now I assume you initially gave the a good soak when you planted the clone in the bottle and then it just took the 8oz to keep them topped off?

I have a bad tendency to over think on new systems(not just growing) and forget the simple things that don't change.

You're correct. I give them a good soaking when I plant them and start my feeding regimen the next day. If I feed every day it takes 8oz of water to keep them topped off.

Looking great over here subb'd for more action!

Good luck
:peace:

Mahalo for following along! Hopefully things will get more interesting in here for everyone in coming days.

You're correct. I give them a good soaking when I plant them and start my feeding regimen the next day. If I feed every day it takes 8oz of water to keep them topped off.

Thanks for the input bruddah!

And so we can have something entertaining. A buddy of mine took some nice high res photos of my holiday harvest...gotta keep everyone entertained lol.

2012-01-18_066.JPG

2012-01-18_053.JPG

2012-01-18_044.JPG

2012-01-18_055.JPG

Changed the res today on the cloner, I was a sad panda when i saw no root nubs :( however I know I have read that some dont get them even in cloners till the 7-10 day mark, so I am not going to panic yet! All the cuttings are still standing 6 days later and looking good so I assume that is a good thing! Hopefully next time i change the res I will be a much happier camper.

bigpappa the first time i cut my clones they took almost 20days to root. Dont get discouraged you'll see bright white roots with in now time!

btw that last bud looked so good. mmmmm what strain?

ha ha thanks bruddah, I guess i got all excited from reading around and folks saying they get roots in 5 days. I knew there was a chance it might take longer. Its just strange not using the classic humidity dome. But I guess something is being done right with them all still standing at attention and looking green! Usually by day 10 in my old set up if i didnt see at least something poking out of the root cube i would scrap it, I think I will wait longer on this though, but i am guessing by day 14 if i dont at least the start something is going wrong.

The two close up shots were Super Lemon Haze, the 2 levels shot was Purple Widow up top and Super Lemon below.

looks really yummy. I still use a humdity dome on my aerocloner. i know alot of people dont but i dont see it hurting anything. because the ambient rh with out the dome on is like 20% and thats with the meter right on top of the aerocloner. so i think i need to create some kind of humidity for them i put a dome on it. worked last time so if it aint broke dont fix it

looks really yummy. I still use a humdity dome on my aerocloner. i know alot of people dont but i dont see it hurting anything. because the ambient rh with out the dome on is like 20% and thats with the meter right on top of the aerocloner. so i think i need to create some kind of humidity for them i put a dome on it. worked last time so if it aint broke dont fix it

If i dont see any type of root nubs by the 10th I may just try and squeez my dome on top of it.

Nice fat colas you have there!! Awsome clarity on them pictures man see someone has a good camera!

Ha ha, mahalo bruddah. Sadly the camera is not mine, I just had my buddy who does my head shots take those.

On to other news, well after 8 days in the cloner, I was getting frustrated not seeing any signs of rooting from my clones(no little nubs or nothing) so I decided to do a little re-con. I discovered the pump I was given was only a 250 gph.....which I am pretty sure is way to small. So I went down to the hydro store picked up an 800gph one(it was 6 dollars more than the 450 so no brainer i thought) I just replaced it(in under a minute so the cutting should not suffer, i hope) and wow talk a bout a difference!! I just hope that these cuttings will still take.

out of the first 24 plants in 2l only 2 are survived....and it happens to be because they came from a battered mother I was trying to save and looked more like broccoli than weed, i decided NOT to dip them in miticide, and I gave those bottles a really good initial watering, because I wanted to make sure these ones would survive. I think the roots are almost to the bottom of the bottle so i can't wait to see it explode in growth.

Question on flushing these hempy 2l bottles. I have been a soil guy and the only flush i ever did was at the end of flowering feeding them a gallon of water everyday for 10 days.....now with the feeding daily nutes, I am supposed to flush every 3-4 feedings...how does the flushing work with these? just feed it plain water that day? or do you just drench it down? or other? lol Mahalo for any takers on this, with my recent failure of the hempys(most of which i figured out) I am kind of scared of it now and my instinct keeps saying just go back to soil, but I don't want to give up yet!

Question on flushing these hempy 2l bottles. I have been a soil guy and the only flush i ever did was at the end of flowering feeding them a gallon of water everyday for 10 days.....now with the feeding daily nutes, I am supposed to flush every 3-4 feedings...how does the flushing work with these? just feed it plain water that day? or do you just drench it down? or other? lol Mahalo for any takers on this, with my recent failure of the hempys(most of which i figured out) I am kind of scared of it now and my instinct keeps saying just go back to soil, but I don't want to give up yet!

Great question! I too would like to see the answer.

Huzzah! I have a root! yes one clone has 1 little root about an 1/8 inch long! any ideas on what to do about powdery mildew showing up on cuttings? Or is it a lets just hope it roots and can survive til its strong enough for a spraying? I have had it for a little bit, but its seeming to spread now and I just don't want to spray them in this stage since they are going through such a change....no other plants are infected just the cuttings. Luckily with signs of one root, the others should be coming quick and just need a few more days before they are ready to be planted.

Back
Top Bottom