Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BBQsKronic - AK-47 x Northern Lights

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Icemud - Cookies

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Throw in my grape ape from last run another month
grown in 3 gallon pots using flora nova grow, flora nova bloom, and bud candy.
photo_2218.JPG
IMG_20130708_161520_924.jpg

How did the grape ape taste in the end coke? I remember this grow well :) man there's so many "winnable" entry's this month

I hope there is room for my entry with all these amazing plants!!! Wow there are some beauties this month!! I am swinging in with a late entry of my Cookies *thin mint pheno that I just harvested a little over a week ago. I had some late issues with my plant but it didn't effect the buds or the high at all and these babies are potent. Very very low yield though and out of about a 4' plant I ended up with about 1oz of some amazing smoke. Next time I definitely will do more training and possible scrog with this one :) definitely a keeper in my tent :)

DSC07152.JPG
DSC071502.JPG

All of the entries are amazing results of great growers doing what they do best. Some fantastic pictures of BUDS, where`s the PLANT ? Thought this contest was plant of the month. No matter how nice the buds look I can not cast my vote on an entry without a picture of the plant. IMO.

Yup I try to frame up the whole plant, then a bud that exemplifies the plant, I wanted a bit wider shot this month but there we're things in the back ground so I got a very Tight shot that does have 99% of precious, but I think I commented on the same thing last year, we wanna see the whole thing to get a feel for what she's like sitting in front of you tho all this months entries are beautiful seeing all of the ladies would be nicer!

Valid point. I think many ppl focus into the money shot so to speak the buds n forget about the plant. I like to get a shot of my plant plus a shot of the best bud

Yup I try to frame up the whole plant, then a bud that exemplifies the plant, I wanted a bit wider shot this month but there we're things in the back ground so I got a very Tight shot that does have 99% of precious, but I think I commented on the same thing last year, we wanna see the whole thing to get a feel for what she's like sitting in front of you tho all this months entries are beautiful seeing all of the ladies would be nicer!

That`s going about it the right way I think. A picture of the plant and one of a fat bud. Now if one of my plants ever gets worthy of entering, then comes the hard.....taking pictures. Have grown some decent lookers, but bad pictures. Peace.

I have to say that some of us may not have the luxury of taking a full plant shot due to it being buried in a tent behind other plants so nug shots is all that can be taken without having to move plants around and cause a bunch of un-necessary work. I've also grown some beautiful plants in a scrog before but multi strains and so taking a "full plant photo" is not an option. Just trying to shed some light on the comments above. I agree that full plant photo's are nice, but sometimes it may not be an option. Just another way to look at it.

if u have to hide behind just bud pics, maybe the whole plant isnt so good? just saying.....lol
Hmmm that sounds kinda mean, but I think I get what your saying, I also think ppl get excited about the buds/Colas and perhaps forget that it's "PLANT of the month" I kinda got a chuckle at the remark hide behind your buds!? ..if you can physically hide behind your buds seems like your doing something very right, kinda like saying "hide behind your big muscles and genius IQ! Lmao :Namaste:
That`s going about it the right way I think. A picture of the plant and one of a fat bud. Now if one of my plants ever gets worthy of entering, then comes the hard.....taking pictures. Have grown some decent lookers, but bad pictures. Peace.
Yeah I think many ppl including myself may have missed a win due to poor quality pics,I can't even count how many times I've taken a pic and got mad cuz it's just not what is sitting in front of me! Grrrrr! A good camera is just a must have I think, I can't remember even once seeing a winner in either contest that suffered from poor quality pics when all we have to go on is pics and text ,both should be good if your seriously wanting to win:thumb:
I have to say that some of us may not have the luxury of taking a full plant shot due to it being buried in a tent behind other plants so nug shots is all that can be taken without having to move plants around and cause a bunch of un-necessary work. I've also grown some beautiful plants in a scrog before but multi strains and so taking a "full plant photo" is not an option. Just trying to shed some light on the comments above. I agree that full plant photo's are nice, but sometimes it may not be an option. Just another way to look at it.
Ice you know how much I love you and your work bro you are a major asset to this community , I gotta interject a thought or 2 about your post, while I absolutely understand what your saying and I agree to a point (and here it comes) BUT! Givin' the massive list of prizes and honor it is to be chosen as the winner (ive been trying for 3 yrs lol)I can't help but feel the "extra" work and inconvenience involved in getting your candidate out (i really do understand I have serious mobility issues as you know) is paying the contest its due diligence and really does showcase the plant properly ,in the case of a Scrog I guess some cropping and blurring would been needed, I have no qualms about tearing apart the tent,(tho I certainly dread the hassle) for me I feel it's worth it to get the shots! And personally I would and have voted for plants that did not picture the whole tamale! Ice I hope you don't take that as me knocking what your saying in any way, because your point is valid and I'm just adding my 2 cents:thumb:
:circle-of-love::peace::Namaste:
Man I'm so excited for the polls to open I can't wait to see how precious does, win,lose or draw I'm just pumped! There's so many frikking gorgeous ladies this month it's gonna be close and a thrill ride I predict! Much luck and love to all!:thumb: :circle-of-love::Namaste:

Hmmm that sounds kinda mean, but I think I get what your saying, I also think ppl get excited about the buds/Colas and perhaps forget that it's "PLANT of the month" I kinda got a chuckle at the remark hide behind your buds!? ..if you can physically hide behind your buds seems like your doing something very right, kinda like saying "hide behind your big muscles and genius IQ! Lmao :Namaste:

Yeah I think many ppl including myself may have missed a win due to poor quality pics,I can't even count how many times I've taken a pic and got mad cuz it's just not what is sitting in front of me! Grrrrr! A good camera is just a must have I think, I can't remember even once seeing a winner in either contest that suffered from poor quality pics when all we have to go on is pics and text ,both should be good if your seriously wanting to win:thumb:

Ice you know how much I love you and your work bro you are a major asset to this community , I gotta interject a thought or 2 about your post, while I absolutely understand what your saying and I agree to a point (and here it comes) BUT! Givin' the massive list of prizes and honor it is to be chosen as the winner (ive been trying for 3 yrs lol)I can't help but feel the "extra" work and inconvenience involved in getting your candidate out (i really do understand I have serious mobility issues as you know) is paying the contest its due diligence and really does showcase the plant properly ,in the case of a Scrog I guess some cropping and blurring would been needed, I have no qualms about tearing apart the tent,(tho I certainly dread the hassle) for me I feel it's worth it to get the shots! And personally I would and have voted for plants that did not picture the whole tamale! Ice I hope you don't take that as me knocking what your saying in any way, because your point is valid and I'm just adding my 2 cents:thumb:
Man I'm so excited for the polls to open I can't wait to see how precious does, win,lose or draw I'm just pumped! There's so many frikking gorgeous ladies this month it's gonna be close and a thrill ride I predict! Much luck and love to all!:thumb: :circle-of-love::Namaste:

Definitely no disrespect taken my friend. I just wanted to offer an alternate way of looking at the topic at hand. Were all outside the box thinkers, I just am looking a different direction outside the box :) (I keep seeing a funny visual of all of us inside a box looking outwords like an overpacked dingy with a bunch of captains looking all angles) lmao.

Zoot, just a heads up. In order to consolidate your entry, you should provide 2 photos of your plant (specify strain if possible), remember that updating your photos throughout the month (to show progress) is not allowed. (See contest rules on page 1)

Sorry guys, should of read the rules. Just discount my uploads for this month il do it again next month. Sorry for any inconvenience. .

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I just wanted to clarify the rule in question real quick. "Updating photos" means that members can't exchange their photos for different ones after they've already entered their maximum limit of two photos.

To explain a little further, if a member enters a single photo of their plant, and then enters their 2nd photo of the same plant but in a more progressed or matured state, this would be considered a valid entry as long as the 2 photos max limit isn't surpassed.

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused presently and/or in the past.

That being said, Zoot your second photo was valid so I'm including it in the list of Consolidated Entries found in the first post of this thread.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a pm.

:Namaste:

I have to say that some of us may not have the luxury of taking a full plant shot due to it being buried in a nsperstent behind other plants so nug shots is all that can be taken without having to move plants around and cause a bunch of un-necessary work. I've also grown some beautiful plants in a scrog before but multi strains and so taking a "full plant photo" is not an option. Just trying to shed some light on the comments above. I agree that full plant photo's are nice, but sometimes it may not be an option. Just another way to look at it.

My 420 friends,
Great entries grown by great growers. All look good and very enjoyable after drying and curing. With the sponsors being so generous, I know I would move my girls around. Taking pictures of my girls meant moving them all around. Not fun, but for pictures it was necessary.
Don`t mean to step on any toes, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. By the way my pictures turned out I can honestly say I`m a better grower than a photographer. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom