Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Looks like the TopLED is growing faster, am I right? :cheer:

Hard to tell yet. But you maybe right.

looking good! sorry I posted about the iron issue in the wrong thread. I was referring to the hawaiian snow plant! is she doing better?

Not really, but it not affecting buds, at least yet, I just have kind of decided to ride it out. Will post update in next few days.

This is not a Mars led either. 3watt right? Sorry if I missed that.

nope it the Reflector 96X3W.

I'm waiting for this :thumb: I like the footprint of the 96 x 3 for a variety of reasons.

I ordered 2 96 x 3's! I can't wait to get them! :cheer:

You go Pinky...lol.

I'm changing out my 96*3 for a 144.... It will cover my cabinet area and SCROG better.

A short comment on the efficiency of LEDs. While technically the highest efficiency diode made is a 5 watt diode, it broke that record (303 lumens per watt) while being driven at 1 watt or 350mA. Of the diodes we can currently get our hands on (in decent quantity and price), the best we can get is ~150 l/w.

A short comment on the efficiency of LEDs. While technically the highest efficiency diode made is a 5 watt diode, it broke that record (303 lumens per watt) while being driven at 1 watt or 350mA. Of the diodes we can currently get our hands on (in decent quantity and price), the best we can get is ~150 l/w.
Lush led Dominator 2x is rated at 70,000 lumens at 18" at 435w. That's 160 lumen per watt with 3w diodes

Hosebomber (and others) ....

Think if i buy this light meter it could help shed some 'light' on the situation? or would it be waste of $40?

518HeptGg5L_SY450_.jpg

Full_shoot.jpg

Make ur own judgments
I'd have to say the Top Led Reflector looks to be leading the race by the pics but my opinion may be a little bias Cdaddy. I'm running the same Top Led panel in my Bloom tent.

Thanks for the Input BAR!

I understand what you are saying, it hard to not be biased, all we can do is try our best to look at it as objectively as possible.

the hardest thing for me to do is to not look at total plant matter on each side(I tried but did not do very well at splitting up each plant 1/2 to 1/2, was closer on the Blueberry, but Hawaiian Snow had more plant matter on TopLED side to start) but the amount of growth on each side from day one to day 5.

If indeed the TopLED is vegging better, it will be interesting to see if it flowers better too, that the biggest test IMO which makes the better buds.

Changed the res on the Hawaiian Snow today.

I am going to wait till 15th to flip, I am following 'The Capn's' feeding routine for this first foray into his method ( it is here:How to: Fast vegetative growth - Nutrient Recipe - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®) and he says give it 7 days of his 'transition' mix before flower. Also want to give it another week of veg to see if I continue to see difference in two sides for veg.

After setting back up I gave both plants 2 cups of his tea mixture too, Tea recipe: How to get pearly white roots and accellerate vegetative growth - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®.

Here is picture I took of her out of room, you can see the left(TopLED) side is noticibly more robust, and I swear i pulled MORE branches, but smaller, over to the DS 200 side....HMMMM!!!! It still could be left side had better growth to start, but I do not think that much different.

DSCN18355.JPG

Well still WAY to early for any conclusions, flower is the Key IMO

Lush led Dominator 2x is rated at 70,000 lumens at 18" at 435w. That's 160 lumen per watt with 3w diodes

I would love to see their calculations on that. This would mean that they run 100% blue and white Cree or Phillips LED's of the highest bin currently available to mass market. They do not list the wavelengths or spectra for their panels, but from the pictures, it appears to have red diodes.

I would love to see their calculations on that. This would mean that they run 100% blue and white Cree or Phillips LED's of the highest bin currently available to mass market. They do not list the wavelengths or spectra for their panels, but from the pictures, it appears to have red diodes.

they have red and orange diodes but the majority is blue and white. they don't list specific wavelengths.

I know they use the latest cree diodes.

to my eyes white and blue are much brighter than the red leds. I went to a concert recently and this venue has them hanging. the white ones were like looking into the sun. I bet the performers got a tan, full spectrum LOL

scrolled up further and that is a nice looking plant :)

I spoke with a friend that has one of these panels. They assured me that there was not a single Cree diode in there. They removed the case and was very displeased with what they seen inside. FYI, all Cree diodes have the company logo stamped on them.

Hosebomber, I never liked their pricing structure, a huge red flag to me, then I learned lights made in China and I really started wondering.....

The thing is if their claims are true, I would pay the extra $$$$, but when i read their 'science' on their webpage it just seems like double speak con man talk to me.

But that just one man's opinion, why I am so anxious to see ronnie's test :)

I have nothing against where a panel is made. The Chinese product might not be of the highest quality components, but they are by far the cheapest. Shit the first manufactured panel I ever purchased was a TopLED reflector a few weeks ago. I personally look at it from an economics standpoint. If I can get close to the same product for 1/3rd the price, even if it only last half as long, I still got the best bang for my buck. I would love to see a company come out with a Cree/Luxeon/Osram LED panel using the best of what each company has to offer, but that simply isn't going to happen. There are too many technical details that require way more engineering than using all the same brand offers. Cree doesn't make the deep or far reds, Phillips/Luxeon doesn't make the low blues, Osram doesn't make the blues, but for each one they have slightly better things they do than the other companies.

I agree that the TopLED side does seem to be growing a little better but it's really hard to tell from pictures until it gets way more growth.

Back
Top Bottom