Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

hey bass, got the same pen (gently used?) on ebay last night for 29 + 10 4 s/h. cant wait:) thanks for the hookup

Git some calibration fluid and calibrate no less than every two weeks.

Update:

Day 46 in flower. 2-3 weeks to go!

It's really looking good in here. Took these pics a few mins ago before lights on. Will switch to 9.5hrs on today. Can't recall if that's the last level for diminishing light schedule. I'll have to look it up.

Added about 3 gals or a bit more of ro water this morning. Along with a daily dose of ph up as it's been low in the mornings at anywhere from 5.2 to as low as 4.9. I'll get it up to 5.9-6.1 today. May take a couple doses to do it.

Haven't checked tds yet as the added water needs to mix well for 30 mins or so. But I suspect it'll come in around 800 something ppm (.500 conv or around 1.6 e.c.). I'll add nutrient to bring it up to about 1k or 2.0 e.c. and won't add anymore for at least 2-3 days and watch the trichomes and bud swelling. Within the next week or so I expect to be flushing by adding only ro water, thinning the mix. Soon I'll daily take 1-2 gals of nutrient out of the system and add back strictly water, thus thinning it down to nothing and flushing well.

Took my first look under a scope yesterday and we have nice mushroom balls. Totally clear still, but very good shape.

Tent floor is totally dry! Wish I could say the same for the carpet under the tent. It's still wet, but I can't move the tent till the grow is out.

Enjoy the pics!
PC030004.JPG
PC030006.JPG
PC030007.JPG
PC030008.JPG
PC030009.JPG
PC030010.JPG
PC030011.JPG
PC030012.JPG
PC030013.JPG

Don't want to alarm you or maybe you already know... that carpet is full of mold! Anyway good looking plants, their maturing up nice.

Trust me, I know. But I can't move the tent till harvest. Best I could do was blow air on it. But that doesnt help the underneath area of the tent. I did soak some up with towels underneath some though. Just a bitch to get them under.

Awesome! Looking good Bassman. I really like your flush strategy, btw. :thumb:

Guess I better re-read it so I remember what the hell I was going to do!

lookin frosteeee i wonder if a air line run under the tent would help dry it lika fishtank pump n line fed under? ya think?, my tents both have frikkin leaks from day one, so when we moved i set them on bare concrete pisses me off to think that the stupid liners are not nor ever did do the job intended i have thought about finding the leaks and sealing them with some sillicone inside and duct tape on the underside, but grrr should not have to, i always forget till after i have a new run set up lol:goodjob:

Is this run of Master Kush strong in the smell department?

When I open the tent it's pretty strong. It's hard for me to tell otherwise. I am a smoker and have a bad nose. I may be too used to the smell. But I aldo have the carbon filter working correctly now too.

Maybe next time you could put plastic pallets under the tent to allow easier drying under the tent. It would make it a bit taller overall but much easier to dry if you have leaks and/or condensation again.

The plants look awesome! Some quality looking bud. Looking forward to seeing the harvest!

that really sucks that the tents floor leaks, thought thats one reason we paid good ca$h for them? I feel for ya bass, I'd be pissed. I'll never buy another Sec. Jardin. If I had it to do over again I'd get the Gorilla. I tried but because of the Frisco show they were all backordered

Gotta chime in about the secret Jardin.
Mine leaked too. On my last grow some water was spilled inside, an hour later the carpet was soaked at least a foot around the corner..
Will never but another secret Jardin.

waaaaapp woooow..

Update:

Day 51 in Flower:

Getting close to harvest fast! I think because of the DLR schedule. Took a look under scope and saw about 50% cloudy to getting cloudy. Buds are really firm too!

Tent floor is nice and dry. I'm convinced there will be no more leaks so long as I don't tweaks the pvc pipes at all.

Been having some late in day humidity issues. So when that happens I'm opening the tent door. When lights go on RH is around 48%. Five hours later humidity is near 70% and too high. So I open up the tent for an hour or more, get it down to 55-59% or so and close it back up since by that time I usually have to get to sleep for work. When it gets high there is condensation on the buckets, but it hasn't produced a wet floor.

At lights on today, before adding water, which is usually around 2 gals, PPM was just over 900 or 1.8 e.c. on .500 conversion meter. I added about 2 gals of ro water, let it mix, then took out 2.5 gals of nutrient, added back about 2 more gallons of ro water, and let it mix. PPM is now 760 or 1.5 e.c.

As previously mentioned, I'm manipulating ppm's downwards to effectively wind down to flush.

PH at a nice constant 5.7 and water temps 68f

Originally I was thinking harvest would be somewhere around 20th-26th of the month. I may have to plan on about 17th-19th or so now. I'll go by trichome color and check about every 2-3 days from here on out.

I've got one funny plant in the back. All her fans are 3 leaf, long skinny suckers. I only pull them once they have a stem I can grab. But this girl also has that one really big cola cluster too. She's quite sexy, and obviously a different phenotype.

I know I've said this a few times, but again, I'm thinking 4 plants is too many in 5x5 tent. That being said, I probably will still put 4 into flower on the next batch but they'll go in a couple inches shorter and maybe I'll be able to figure out what's best then.

I'm also thinking a much larger tent, something in the area of maybe the gorilla 5x9x7'11" tent. At $700 it's expensive, but I could go to 6 in flower and be able to have more light. Going to 2k watts, doubling the light, but adding only 2 plants, could possibly be a small boon to production. Adding 4 feet of length to the grow area and only 2 more plants gives more room for lateral training and ability to get in there and trim & train plants maybe. But it's also another $700 to spend on just the tent, then another $450 or so on ballast, hood, bulb. And probably a larger exhaust fan/filter. Of course with all that comes a larger electric bill too. So I'll have to think about it.

Enjoy todays pics!

PC080003.JPG
PC080004.JPG
PC080005.JPG
PC0800061.JPG
PC0800071.JPG
PC080008.JPG
PC080009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom