Flower Child Puts Seeds In The Soil Again 2013

A little news from the babie's tent. Six have peeked out now and the remaining 2 should be up by tonite I hope. A couple of them had the shells stuck on their heads but with a little coaxing they came off and hopefully will be fine.
IMG_20140109_074540.jpg
IMG_20140109_074533.jpg
IMG_20140109_074524.jpg

No new pics of the big girls today. They will be fed tonite but I will soon need to cut off their nutes as harvest day is approximately 3 weeks away. And it's eagerly awaited as I am nearly out of homegrown weed. :bitingnails:
:idea:Although if I truly run out there's the newly opened recreational stores here in Co. Not looking forward to that because from what I've heard the bud is mediocre and the edibles are limited to 100 mg each - too weak for my tastes. Plus theres the standing in line for hours on end, price gouging (up to $80 an eighth), and limits on purchases because demand far outweighs supply so far. On second thought I'm just going to ration what I have left! :icon_roll
Have a great day!

Wow! A great big thank you to everyone for all the holiday greetings!:xmas: It was indeed a wonderful holiday- extremely busy- but wonderful. I hope all of your holidays were awesome as well!

The girls have been a bit neglected but are surviving all the same. They have all weathered N deficiency, one had a mag deficiency and there was a 1 1/2 hour power outage in the middle of "lights on" cycle 10 days ago! In spite of that their buds look good and theres no hermie activity yet from the power outage.
IMG_20140106_081313.jpg
IMG_20140106_081324.jpg

Flica the bic is still admiring the thick trunks.
IMG_20140106_083609.jpg

But she spends a lot more time hovering near the buds- only about 4 weeks to go
IMG_20140106_082006.jpg

Frosty tricomes are everywhere
IMG_20140106_082700.jpg
IMG_20140106_082558.jpg

And last but not least there are about to be stirrings in the new tent- 8 seeds are awakening and should be up in a day or two.
IMG_20140106_081407.jpg

These gestating seeds consist of:

THC Bomb x2
An indica/sativa mix that I am growing for the 3rd time.

Pineapple Bomb x2
An indica/satia mix that resulted from a wayward bananna hidden in a bud in an adjoining plant during grow #1

Liberty Haze x4 A new strain for me. It's advertised 25% THC was the deciding factor in selecting this strain. it is also an indica/sativa mix

Well that's about it for now- I'm going to be slowly catching up with journals this week as life is continuing to be busy (in a very good way). :peace:

Hi Flo

I grew a Liberty Haze plant last summer in DWC. And I gave a couple of seeds to a friend that he grew outdoors. My friend grew about 30 clones of the two phenotypes he got.

Liberty Haze has two basic phenotypes, a short bushy one with close spaces between nodes and one that grows pretty tall with lots of stem between nodes. It tastes good. The yield is ok. Both have about the same potency. They are fairly strong but I don't think either one of us got 25% THC.

I look forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Hi Flo

I grew a Liberty Haze plant last summer in DWC. And I gave a couple of seeds to a friend that he grew outdoors. My friend grew about 30 clones of the two phenotypes he got.

Liberty Haze has two basic phenotypes, a short bushy one with close spaces between nodes and one that grows pretty tall with lots of stem between nodes. It tastes good. The yield is ok. Both have about the same potency. They are fairly strong but I don't think either one of us got 25% THC.

I look forward to seeing how yours turn out.
Hi Don! Good to hear about your experiences with the Liberty Haze. So far my 2 week old babies look short and fat but I know its much to early to guess which phenotype they are. I look forward to having you follow along. :peace:

Looking real nice, not long now :)
Hi LA and thanks! Only a few more days.:circle-of-love:

A new canna lovin beau - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :cheer:

3 weeks from harvest - the most exciting but toughest (to wait) part. It's plumpdillyicious watching from here to the finish line. :)
Hi Kusharella- Sweet indeed. And he loves the plants as much as I do.:love: He's even offered to help with chopping plants and the trimming.
I think I'm more excited about this upcoming harvest than I was for the first one. Mostly because I will have help with it this time. And having baby plants ready to replace them with is wonderful.
Looking sweet! We just harvested! :)
Hey Cherryhaze! Congratulations! I just took a quick peek and you sure did well. :bravo:

Beautiful :thumb:
:ciao:Hi Rx-420 and thanks for stopping by!

A little progress report.........
The big girls will be coming down soon. Martha the Mazar/White Rhino will be first. She now has about 5-10% amber tricomes and I'm not sure that she needs to go much longer as the sample bud we took from her on sunday was very good.
IMG_20140114_084812.jpg

The rest of the girls have mostly cloudy tricomes with the sour diesel girls having a couple ambers each.
The smell from the tent is incredibly wonderful and intense. Even with the exhaust fan running full time the odor wafts down the hall toward the living room.
The odor filled tent...............
IMG_20140120_070219.jpg

And in the baby tent things are going fairly well. Keeping temps down has been an issue since both tents share the same 4" exhaust duct. After some reconfiguring- (and buying a bigger fan and filter), temps are better but it's still around 84 F in the baby tent when both tents have lights on.
The new fan is the same size as the one in the big tent so I use a speed controller with it
IMG_20140120_070955.jpg

The babies are now 2 weeks old and are starting to grow. Kind of thinking I will put them into their big girl airpots this coming weekend.
IMG_20140120_065941.jpg
IMG_20140120_065728.jpg
IMG_20140120_065701.jpg

This Pineapple Bomb suffered from the excessive heat they had early on. She is losing her first leaves.
IMG_20140120_065646.jpg

This girl is a Pineapple Bomb that is a runt- she hatched with only 1 cotyledon and it was nearly cut in half when the shell came off- I've thought about replacing her but now she is doing fairly well.
IMG_20140120_065654.jpg

Well that's it for now- Have a great week all!

Great update, Flo!

Love seeing those girls so close to harvest. It's been a real treat watching them grow.

I'm dealing with dialing in my new veg area too - it's such a pain.

Enjoy those samples and the upcoming harvest... and that budding romance, too! ;)

Thanks Dresney! I'm really enjoying watching your grow as well- cant wait to see your girls be harvested in a few weeks. It's such a rewarding hobby!

I decided the harvest will start tomorrow afternoon. Charity the Cheese and Martha the Mazar/WhiteRhino have seen their last daylight. Just before the lights come on tonite, they will be whisked into a closet to resume their final slumber. After the 30 hour nap they will be dismantled and trimmed. And best of all my honey has volunteered to help with the trimming, so that won't be quite such a chore this time.:peace:

...cant wait to see your girls be harvested in a few weeks.

Gosh, this sentence got me excited. I vegged for so long.. and now waiting for flowering... I felt like the harvest was never going to get here. You just put it in perspective for me... I'm starting to see a pinprick of light at the end of a very long tunnel. :)

And wow, sounds like a good thing is going on with you and your honey. :circle-of-love:

A few weeks ago I asked Mr. Dres if he would help me trim come harvest time, but he just rolled his eyes at me. :laughtwo:

I'm looking forward to some of your harvest pictures! :high-five:

Gosh, this sentence got me excited. I vegged for so long.. and now waiting for flowering... I felt like the harvest was never going to get here. You just put it in perspective for me... I'm starting to see a pinprick of light at the end of a very long tunnel. :)

And wow, sounds like a good thing is going on with you and your honey. :circle-of-love:

A few weeks ago I asked Mr. Dres if he would help me trim come harvest time, but he just rolled his eyes at me. :laughtwo:

I'm looking forward to some of your harvest pictures! :high-five:
Yea this growing process seems to take forever. At the very end time seems to stop. And then after much sampling and many exams- you slowly realize that its where you want it to be and chop time sort of sneaks up on you. I still get a little thrill everytime I realize a plant is done.

Yey harvest picies can't wait :)
Hi LA- pics are uploading right now.

OK, so Charity the Cheese and MarthaWilamenaRegina the Mazar/WhiteRhino are no longer. Their remains are hanging to dry. I'm really optomistic about the yields on these 2. The last grow each plant had 2 main colas and a lot of popcorn buds. These current girls have on average 8 largish buds and very little popcorn. Plus these buds are extremely heavy compared to the last grow so I cant wait to see what the dry weights are.

A shot of them still in the tent.
IMG_20140123_084132.jpg

Heres Charity after her remaining fan leaves were removed.
IMG_20140124_161501.jpg

Charity all ready for the closet.
IMG_20140124_165805.jpg

And MarthaWilamenaRegina- ready for the drying too.
IMG_20140124_175826.jpg

The Sour Diesels will be harvested on monday and all the Bombs on wednesday so it will be a busy week coming up.

The babies need some attention this weekend too. They are running out of room in their pots and are going to be transplanted into their big-girl pots with some FFOF soil this morning.

Heres wishing everyone a great weekend!:peace:

Congratulations !!!! Flower what a great harvest:peace::bravo::cheer::thumb::goodjob::circle-of-love::high-five:
Thanks Harley! :thanks: And it's just in time -ran out of weed from the last grow this week.

Very nice Flower! Congratulations on a job well done! I too am anxious to see how much it all weighs in at.
Thanks Don! The first girls were put in their jars for curing this morning.
Looking sticky good young Lady!:cheer::thumb:
Thanks OMM! This sure is a fun hobby!
Congratulations on your harvest!
Thanks KingJohn!
:D Happy dry and cure :D

Just started my second grow :D xx
Thanks Cherry! And congrats on starting the second grow- I'll be checking in soon.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom