My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom

Day: 24
Well It's been 2 days since I gave her some nutes, she seemed a little thirsty this afternoon, so I gave her some more.
The yellowing leaves are turning brown on the very edges now, so I'll assume those won't get better. She has some new nice green leaves growing everywhere..lol. Just can't seem to keep up.
I had a look at her about an hour ago and I can see some very very tiny white hairs growing. I'll up some pics once her light-cycle for today is over and try and get those hairs in the shots.

Day 24
Day_24-3.jpg
Day_24-2.jpg
Day_24-1.jpg

The new leaves and sprouts at the top and sides are really nice and green which makes me happy. Most of the bigger older leaves I think will remain sick, but I think that really doesn't matter.
Tried to show the white hairs in the first pic, but they are just too small to be picked up.

So far I am very very happy. Can I presume now that the white hairs have started, the buds will soon be on their way?

Good day to you all. A few more pics.
Day 26
Day_26-1.jpg
Day_26-2.jpg
Day_26-3.jpg

My son decided to jump in a water them yesterday while I was out!!!! I was planning on watering them on Wednesday. Can't believe he did that. He's had a stern talking to :D

Now I am showing signs of Nitrogen Toxicity.
I have 3 options I think:-
1) Flush and continue feeding as normal.
2) As my water bucket is half full; fill it to the top thus halving the nutes and then continue watering as normal.
3) Next watering on Wednesday, just give her plain water and see how she goes.

I think as she is an auto and rather fussy...hahaha.. I should just plain water her and see what happens.
Apart from the slight toxicity she does seem rather healthy and growing well.

Suggestions?

Update: Day 28

Just gave Colleen a good watering. She's definitely getting bigger as her thirst has grown, she's still looking a little tired, but she's also getting new sprouts and pistils, so all is still good.
I'll give her another plain watering on Saturday which will hopefully remove her eagle claws...lol
She is starting to smell. Quite a pleasant smell, but it's growing in strength so I definitely need my tent and carbon filter asap! I'll give my buddy a push.

About 6 days ago I found an old tobacco tin with some seeds in it. About 50 of them in all from well over 10 years ago.
Just as a test, I took 5 of them all different colours (OCD?) and put them in between some paper towels, a few drops of water on each, put them into a clear bag on top of my nice warm fridge and this morning. Hey presto one of them had sprouted!!!!
I am absolutely amazed. I chucked the other 4 away as they were crispy with no signs of movement.
I've just put this new seed into a pot, little bit of water and she's now under the light with Coleen.
Fingers crossed it's going to be a female :love:

Update: Day 28

Just gave Colleen a good watering. She's definitely getting bigger as her thirst has grown, she's still looking a little tired, but she's also getting new sprouts and pistils, so all is still good.
I'll give her another plain watering on Saturday which will hopefully remove her eagle claws...lol
She is starting to smell. Quite a pleasant smell, but it's growing in strength so I definitely need my tent and carbon filter asap! I'll give my buddy a push.

About 6 days ago I found an old tobacco tin with some seeds in it. About 50 of them in all from well over 10 years ago.
Just as a test, I took 5 of them all different colours (OCD?) and put them in between some paper towels, a few drops of water on each, put them into a clear bag on top of my nice warm fridge and this morning. Hey presto one of them had sprouted!!!!
I am absolutely amazed. I chucked the other 4 away as they were crispy with no signs of movement.
I've just put this new seed into a pot, little bit of water and she's now under the light with Coleen.
Fingers crossed it's going to be a female :love:

awesome news on the seeds . i received over a 1,000 seeds from a retiring grower and i cant get none to germinate.. ive tried like 30 different sets of seeds.. this is an awesome thread on here about a guy that found old seeds he had from Vietnam and he got them to germinate and grow... good read!!

Day 30 and day 3
Day_30-11.jpg
Day_30-21.jpg
Day_30-31.jpg

Colleen is looking good! The tent, carbon filter, extraction fan all arrived yesterday. I've put my back out so it took me about 3 hours in between rests to get it all set up. Determination!
Risking the temptation to water her today as she still seems happy. I'll check on her tomorrow.

Day 3 of Edith
Day_3-1.jpg
Day_3-2.jpg

Really can't wait to see what she turns out to be. Male/Female, Indica/Sativa/Hybrid
Edith just seemed to be a good name for an old seed. hahaha

damn sucks about the back .. i deal with a fused back everyday .. moderation is what we have to remember !!!

plants look good . i like the name edith .

Ok use your finger and thumb nail to nip the leafs stalk together till it severs. I do it leaving about half an inch of the stalk attatched to trunk. This will naturally dry up and drop off later. Doing it like this gives you a tiny scar point, that heals quickly. So less chance of infections. Although that's just being OCD paranoid about such things lol. Mj is a tough little bugger and takes a right lot of abuse without concern.

Just removed the offending leaves. Noticed almost all the leaves starting to bend down from the bottom up and the attached stalks. Definitely from under watering. She's telling me something. :D
Gave her a nice big plain watering. Light is about to go off, so hopefully in the morning after the light has been on for an hour or so all those leaves will be standing to attention. This is getting exciting :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom