My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom

Finally my internet is back on. Went off last night grrrr.
Got up to a phone call saying I am no longer needed at work, so rather hacked off atm.

I did have a smile when I looked over at my plant to see her looking a little bushier and a little greener. This is now day 3 of no watering and she definitely looks better for it. I'll check here again in 10 hours as today I'm going to give here a little more light.

My brain was still trying to explode working out the sig, but some kind admin or moderator has stepped in and done it for me. Thanks to whomever did that for me. It's greatly appreciated.

More pics later.

Another pic for today. Day 21
Day_21-2.jpg

She's definitely looking greener today and a couple of the leaves have started turning back upwards. Still a few damp patches on the topsoil, so it's not quite time to water here yet. The bucket is a little lighter, but still a little on the heavy side.
The very bottom leaf on the left may have gone too far to recover, but hey, a new top spout today Weeeee.
I think she liked the extra 2 hours of light :D

A friend has a small grow tent which he said I can use as he stopped growing years ago. Better to be used than to go mouldy and binned.
1 meter high and about 3/4 of a meter square, so just need to find some funds for some ducting, fan and carbon filter.

Ok lol questions answered!
The tent will aid for light pen, but give you the issues of air movement for temps. There are some great how to threads on here somewhere for self build filters and fan setups etc. Just use the search function and have a look! Might find a build option? :)

Also a side thought. If your soil was clogged up with moisture Id think about using some chopsticks to poke up and agitate the lower of the medium, through drain holes. Not really strongly but enough to aid some aeration.

Re: My first ever grow. UK based in my bedroom :D

Dear Earthwalker
First of all congratulations on your decision to embark on this amazing journey to want to grow. I am always happy and eager to help a newbie. I have to say judging by the pic it kind of looks like it is tooooo sooooon for you to to begin turning lights off for 12 hours now if you want to induce flowering at this stage in the plant growth well that is certainly your perogative however I and most fellow growers that I am associated with always wait until the plant is at least a minimum of 24 inches tall this way all the work is worth the wait because if you turn lights on for 12 and off for 12 your baby will begin to flower. Wouldn't you rather have more budd than less? Keep in mind because you are 4 weeks in the plants growth unless you get a better light it is going to be difficult to produce a decent quantity of medicine. I always look for great deals on used equipment on craigs list or Amazon even. I do always tell everyone to buy books that help also there is a lot out there. If it is at all possible to put your baby outside even if only for a few hours during the day than that is ideal if only though you have a secure spot away from neighbors or any curious people. The suns rays are free and do an amazing job. Good luck.

Of course aeration is a word at least I have used it often and have heard others use it so even if it wasnt a word and it means the same to everyone who uses it then it becomes a word. I forgot you are running autos. Yeah those flower and produce without the 12/12 cycle so you should give them girls as much light as possible for any kind of yield. Otherwise your gonna be pissed at the end and it may discourage you. Dont let it discourage you keep at it. My first 3 grows didnt even make it past the 12/12 light flip. I often thought of giving up but I kept at it and am stubborn(or determined depending on how you look at it) So please please please do yourself a favor and get those autos at least 18 hours of light. with just 12 hours of light id be surprised if you grew enough to even smoke a blunt a day for a week before its all gone.

Until I get a tent, the light cycle is a bit difficult to raise as I do sleep in the same room, but the tent will be here with me in about a week.
I had a look at her today and noticed some redness on one of the stalks, not bright red, but a pinkish which I am lead to believe by the various charts I have seen is a nitrogen deficiency.
So I popped to the local hydro shop, spoke to the very helpful young lady there and she said that as I was using tomato feed, it's definitely nitrogen. I bought a PH testing kit and my soil is around 6.4. Hopefully that is good :D
I bought some Cana nutes a+b and just about to water her as the chopstick method really dried the soil out. She deserves a good drink now.
Crossed fingers for the day ahead!

Some strains will have a natural proclivity to show red in the stems but looking at your plants im certain you have a lack of nitrogen. You can use old coffee grinds mixed into the soil to raise amounts of nitrogen. 6.4 is perfect for ph. Soil is a strong ph buffer so if it is 6.4 now it will stay around there unless you go crazy with nutrients it will almost always be fine. What you should get the ph of is the runoff water

Oh and BJ. Putting her outside is a complete no-no. This is the UK and atm the weather is absolutely horrible! She'd be blown away down to the next county; not before she drowned..lol
I had the light about 18 inches away, but felt this was way to far away, so just put the light 8inches away and happy with the heat. My hand didn't turn to toast.
I'm going to speak to my chum this evening and see if I can get the tent in the next day or so.

I'm going around the twist thinking about all the things that could be wrong, how to solve the problems and then thinking about my finances. I need to weed to calm down i think..haha

"Patience young padowan" I can hear Yoda saying.

Yep patience is a virtue indeed, also less is more normally with MJ :) Many people love their plants to death lol.
Autos are a bugger for a start at growing as they need that good clean start at life. Photo strains give you far more control over every aspect of the process.
I started on here in a little alcove in my kitchen, running autos. Had crappie results really. Then switched to bigger photo strains and found my thing (training) this led me to get far better and bigger results, still in the same little spot with just a 400 hps.
I went from a couple OZ per plant fitting 2-3 autos crammed in. To then one Photo girl hitting 17-18 OZ!!!!
I only say this to bolster Joe's comments. If this auto doesn't do great things don't give up just go photo! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom