My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom

I need a little advice guys 'n' gals.
Colleen is now about 2 weeks away from harvest. Weee!!! That's good eh. Especially when I didn't thnik for one moment she would last this long, but I now have a conundrum. She is completely root-bound. Roots coming out of the holes at the bottom and they are poking up from the top. Is there any point in transplanting it when it's so close to harvest? Would it die from shock seeing as she is an auto?
I'm thinking it's probably best to to leave it go and let her grow her buds, but would like a bit of confirmation.

No dont transplant it. It will take time to recover and your yield will suffer. The roots coming out the bottom will air prune and you will be fine. DO NOT TRANSPLANT! Please for your sake.

Also you could hang tinsel from it if you wanted but you are gonna have to move it around everyday so light isnt blocked from the same spot for the remainder of its life until harvest. I mean people hang those plastic sunflowers off plants to mask what they are so you would be fine if you chose to.

No problem its why I am here. While im here you got anything else to ask maybe? if not I will be on my way then.

Cool growing with your son is a really cool thing man. Im trying to teach my gf to grow my kids are to young heh.

That is very astute of you. If you have him join the site I would also give him tips as well if you wished it it wouldnt be a problem. Just let me know. I enjoy getting people up and going.

Day 85
Day_85-1.jpg
Day_85-2.jpg
Day_85-3.jpg

Here are some pics of my sons plant. She's called Violet and 55 days old.
Day_55-2.jpg
Day_55-1.jpg
Day_55-3.jpg

I think she looks amazing. It's a blueberry auto.

According to the website I bought mine from they are now ready to harvest...haha! In a pigs eye they are!
In the last 4 or 5 days, the buds just don't seem to have bulked up at all! Are there some special nutes thing I can give them to accomplish this?
I am getting a little worried with bulk as the pistils are now browning and receding, telling me the harvest is but a few weeks away.
Will they bulk up naturally? Am I getting worried over nothing?

My son's plant is just perfect btw and I'm not worried about it at all. I think all the problems I went through with mine and learning as I went have really rubbed off on his plant :circle-of-love:

Give them unsulphured molasses the plants will fatten up a lot its what I use and what most companies use in their"patented secret formula" Its 4 or 5.00 and is usually in the baking isle or next to the instant pancake mix and syrups.

Thanks for that Joe. I'll pop to the store tomorrow and get some. Not heard of unsulphured molasses but have heard of blackstrap molasses, are they similar or the same, but with a different name?

Oh, just had an email saying my loupe has been shipped via china post, I wish I looked closer before ordering. Probably take weeks for that to arrive.

Thanks for that Joe. I'll pop to the store tomorrow and get some. Not heard of unsulphured molasses but have heard of blackstrap molasses, are they similar or the same, but with a different name?

Oh, just had an email saying my loupe has been shipped via china post, I wish I looked closer before ordering. Probably take weeks for that to arrive.

From what I understand it is just the process it is extracted. Unsulphured blackstrap molasses. The one I am using right now just says Blackstrap molasses its in a glass bottle and says unsulphated at the bottom. It isnt very expensive especially when you consider the gains to your crop. I have notes and things on what it adds for my crop but imagine if you can add a extra 1/2 oz or even a 1/4 oz to your dried bud just for using a 5.00 product. Heck even a extra gram of dried bud it would be worth it. This stuff works Ive been using it for idk 4 or 5 years now and it works great just dont go using the whole bottle for 1 feeding.I mix about 2 oz per 5 gallons of water. There is no specification for it since it isnt actually a planting supplement but I start off with a smaller amount then increase if it seems to be doing the trick or pull back if the plant is going through some ailment in which I dont know the cause right off the bat I remedy the problem then go back to the molasses every 3rd watering at first after switching to flower cycle then after week 4 of flowering I go to every other watering then following week 6 of flowering I go to every watering until I flush with plain water a week before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom