New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

SPIDER 9 UPDATE​
Jan 25, 2015​

SPIDER GIRL I AND II were both feed yesterday:

7ml of Cal/Mag applied to 1gal of tap that was then adjusted to 6.5 PH level.

I upped their dosage by 2ml.

SPIDER GIRL I
(Unknown Strain) Day 91 / Day 47 under 12/12

Starting to see a few cloudy trichs but the majority are still clear. Also one of her seed pods has started to open.

IMG_00007278.jpg

IMG_00007286.jpg

IMG_00007513.jpg

IMG_00007506.jpg

SPIDER GIRL II (Royal Medic Clone) Day 82 / Day 34 under 12/12

Looks as if the rest of the leafs that suffered from the Iron lockout are dying off and still nothing but healthy new growth.

IMG_00007291.jpg

IMG_00007299.jpg

CRITICAL SENSI STAR (feminized) Day 75 / Day 20 under 12/12

She hasn't been drinking. After being feed 5 days ago the pot was still heavy which is the longest I've seen in these 2lt Soda Pop Pots. For those who don't know already we top-feed and then let the plants bottom-feed off of the run-off because we can only put so much water in these small pots. It averages out to about a qt. per feeding.

With this in mind I cleaned out hers and every other drain dish in the tent. The only thing I can think of is the beginning of a lockout as a result of the different nutes she's been feed drying up in the drain dish, then getting her next feed with the correct dosage of nutes. The run-off then becomes a more concentrated dose after liquifying the dry nutes in the dish.

IMG_00007462.jpg

IMG_00007465.jpg

IMG_00007475.jpg

IMG_00007492.jpg

Notice the droop.

IMG_00007481.jpg

If anyone has a different diagnosis feel free to reply.

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

looking good and I think you have it under control. plain water next time then continue your feeding schedule.

Thanks B. I was thinking the same thing; just PH adjusted tap.

I would flush your medium with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size.
OK then John. If she doesn't improve and start drinking between now and a couple of days after the feed flush I'll give her a complete flush. Thanxx.

Just read your post Cult so I'm adding to this one. Long time no see.
This makes sense because if I'm correct with thinking she was getting too much of the right nutes from the dried up nutes then a flush feed (plain water feeding) or two should balance everything out.
On the other hand if things are unbalanced, I always look at a 2X the pot size flush & drain as a re-start button.

The easiest & most simplified way to explain it that I can think is this. Lets for arguments sake say there are 5 main nutrients in your feed & the plant really loves 1,3 & 5 but not so much 2 & 4. When you feed without run off, you are adding a balanced mix of 1-5 but there is lots of 2 & 4 in your res & a bit of 1,3 & 5. So now the balance is out & your EC/PPM is increased & a risk of 3 & 4 lockout has increased. Every time you feed without flushing out the unused nutrients the balance gets worse & lockout becomes imminent. :)

So after they completely drink each drain dish I should rinse them out. Thanxx Skunny.

Happy Skunkday BAR. :yummy::passitleft: Things are looking pretty good over here. Problems arise and problems go away. A gardeners life. :high-five:

Exactly Bill. I'm slowly but surely realizing that issues are part of what makes us better growers. The more issues we learn to resolve the better we get. Maybe one day I'll be able to consider myself an actual Cannabis Connoisseur.

My friend, cannabis connoisseur; doesn't even begin to explain where your held in all our esteem! Your threads are always stacked full of solid tried and tested info, given in a warm friendly atmosphere! you most certainly deserve the title and far more my friend! :)

PS B,Girl is still gonna kick your ass fluxing :)

I simple way to avoid build up is to follow a shedule such as feed, feed, water, repeat. I usually opt for 6 feed followed by water, in other words once per week give ph water. Of course it depends on the strength of feed u are giving.

I simple way to avoid build up is to follow a shedule such as feed, feed, water, repeat. I usually opt for 6 feed followed by water, in other words once per week give ph water. Of course it depends on the strength of feed u are giving.

If I read this, it seems you water daily ? Do you give them a sip daily as opposed to water till run-off, wait till almost dry, repeat or are your girls just this thirsty ?
(asking because I water once a week at most, and am now wondering if I am doing something 'wrong' aka could improve on how I do things)

I feed everyday and never to run off. But I don't grow in soil, I grow in coco or hydro. Little and often, judge it so the pot drys out every day. That way u keep plenty air around roots while giving them exactly what they need.

Back
Top Bottom