New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Thanxx Jaga.

I'm thinking the same thing Lex. She'll most likely be in the next update.

High Fifi.

I agree with SBG, as long as she's healthy I wouldn't pay it any mind. I've seen all types of weird leaf growth with no ill effects.

Good to see you Carestaker. No need to worry yourself with catching up, it's perpetual.

I hear you Woody, you grow monsters! I'm just trying to get my weight up a little.

Nothing really new going on or anything out of the ordinary so I'll just give a peek at the FIRE ESCAPE GIRLS.

IMG_00017920.jpg

I'm on the street below your fire escape with a trampoline whispering for your girls to jump :)
Looking good mate, all the best :thumb:

:thedoubletake:
NO! Don't listen to him girls! LOL

Jetboy :high-five: B A R​

Hello Jammz, welcome back. Good to hear you're doing better. What type of surgery did you have? Hope it wasn't too serious.

QUICK UPDATE​
Sept 16, 2015​

DALE'S BLUE BLOOD (MEDICANN BLUE BLOOD grown in honor of SWEETSUE'S DALE) Day 68

Today we defoliated and crimped the tallest five branches for better light penetration and also to slow them down so some of the lower branches can catch up. Her along with the
DOUBLE WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD are right on schedule; they could be flipped today but we'll wait until the other two plants in the Big Tent are ready.

Before
IMG_00017987.jpg

After
IMG_00017996.jpg

TOP VIEW​

Before
IMG_00017992.jpg

After
IMG_00018000.jpg

PINEAPPLE CHUNK
Day 6

This is in part for Sweet Sue. She was asking when do I start topping to get the plants to expand like the one above. Mind you, when I say "Day 6" it means the sixth day from when the rockwool cube was planted into the Solo cup (which is approximately a week after tap-rooting).
But it's not a time thing, it's the first set of true leafs. A lot of this I learned from Light Addicts Fluxing course but working on a way to get similar results without adding much to the plants natural timeline.

IMG_00018006.jpg

IMG_00018012.jpg

And YES, I did clean the snips after seeing this pic
IMG_00018022.jpg

IMG_00018026.jpg

IMG_00018026_-_Copy.jpg

My my thats a quick topping. I do like all your pruning above opened for allot of light penetration and air flow.

Starting early gives you a lot of limbs to spread across the pot when you transplant SBG.

IMG_00017327.jpg

Very nice as always man:) that plant above will defo get full light along the way with that training, and starting early is best to get the most out of it. It makes the hole training the branches much easyer with probley less stress:)

Oh yea and i heard NY are opening there first medical MJ in january,:slide: if the topic hasnt been brought up already :D

Excellent pictures of the topping.
Man - you barely let them catch their breath before you chop their little heads off! The results speak for themselves. :thumb:

The surgery done in Jan was to fuse three discs in my neck. That went okay. But my surgeon moved out of state and took the 25K insurance check I gave her. Her partners refused to see me because they didn't believe I gave her the check, even after the insurance company sent a copy. So I was suffering in pain and had no doctor to prescribe for me because pain doctors are getting out of NY due to big brother DEA. I finally found a pain doc in July and am just starting to feel better. A total FUBAR situation; lawsuits will be happening. So I can get back to grow.

:popcorn::surf: Hey Bar! Cruising by to say hi! Thanks for stopping by my journal. Been doing a little better today and took some time to do some maintenance on my girls outside and inside. Good thing because the hydro was very low on water and gave them a good dose of nutes and water :thedoubletake::morenutes:
Outdoors girls are thickening with lots of trichs :yahoo: and with Fall around the corner harvest is 3-4 weeks away with the reveg coming down first. Been trying to get by and read some journals:reading420magazine: since I have been lax as of late!
Take care and thanks again for stopping by!:peace:
:volcano-smiley:

Oh yea and i heard NY are opening there first medical MJ in january,:slide: if the topic hasnt been brought up already :D
Yep Indo, I'm in the process of trying to find some card holders so when this whole thing kicks into gear I can become a legal Caregiver.

Excellent pictures of the topping.
Man - you barely let them catch their breath before you chop their little heads off! The results speak for themselves. :thumb:

All good in here. Looking well BAR.:thumb:
Thanxx for the compliments Pita & Mr. Amazing.

The surgery done in Jan was to fuse three discs in my neck. That went okay. But my surgeon moved out of state and took the 25K insurance check I gave her. Her partners refused to see me because they didn't believe I gave her the check, even after the insurance company sent a copy. So I was suffering in pain and had no doctor to prescribe for me because pain doctors are getting out of NY due to big brother DEA. I finally found a pain doc in July and am just starting to feel better. A total FUBAR situation; lawsuits will be happening. So I can get back to grow.
I know exactly where you're coming from Jaamz, this state's healthcare system is a profit driven joke.

It's all good Hozona, just get better. I pretty much know what's going on in your grow; the shear presentation alone begs one to follow. Glad to hear you were able to get back to your gardening duties today.

QUICK UPDATE​
Sept 17, 2015​

From 2 weeks ago...

LIBERTY HAZE
(Clone) The day of transplant

I'm trying to see how using the same pinned down flat LST style of training will work with an untopped plant.

Instead of burying her in the middle of the pot, she was buried at about a 45 degree angle with the base of the main stem against the edge of the pot; Then super-cropped and laid down across the surface.

IMG_00017722.jpg

IMG_00017736.jpg

And here she is today; she didn't make it.

IMG_00018034.jpg

I'm not throwing in the towel yet on this experiment. I think the problem is she was over-watered and the super crop was too extreme so we're trying it again with a healthier plant. This time I'm using a Bagseed so I won't waste another known strain before I'm sure if it'll work.

BAGSEED
(Planted at a 45 degree Angle) Day 39

IMG_00018038.jpg

IMG_00018042.jpg

IMG_00018046.jpg

IMG_00018050.jpg

This time I didn't crimp the super cropping points so extreme.

IMG_00018057.jpg

IMG_00018066.jpg

Hi
I like the 45' angle transplant and super crop. It is where I think I am headed. On my next one at least.
So here is my thought. Plant it on that angle but toward an edge of the pot a little further away. Like across the pot a bit then cropp it back a little higher on the stem? But not want it bent back over itself but to the side of itself. I dunno if that makes any sense or is senseless. I guess I am trying to circle it around the pot. I really like the experiment. All good fun.
Happy happy.

Makes sense Keltic and I see your reasoning. If this one doesn't perform I'll try it your way.

I do some supercropping myself and have found that I if get in a hurry once in a while I snap the branch off. I have found that squeezing the branch in several directions at the place I want to bend it over before I bend it keeps it from snapping. Some say to roll it between your fingers first, but I have found squeezing in three or four directions works better for me :cheesygrinsmiley: I will have some pictures of my girls in hydro this week-end showing some supercropping I just did yesterday.
HOZ:peace::hippy:
:volcano-smiley:

Cool experiment! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanxx Hozona.

YESTERDAY'S OUTCOME​

BAGSEED
(Planted at a 45 degree Angle) Day 40

She took to it like a Pothead to a bong!

Last Night
IMG_00018066.jpg

This Morning
IMG_00018075.jpg

The Big Tent is full and up and vegging. Now we can leave it be and concentrate on the Never Ending Harvest (Perpetual Grow) again which I've been neglecting.

THE BIG TENT​

IMG_00018103.jpg

ULTRA LEMON HAZE Day 70

Even her slow growing butt decided to join the party. I guess she seen how her neighbors were performing and decided to get with the program.

IMG_00018129.jpg

JACK HERER CLONE (3rd generation) Day 69

IMG_00018105.jpg

DOUBLE / WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD (Clones) Day 67

IMG_00018110.jpg

DALE'S BLUE BLOOD (MEDICANN BLUE BLOOD grown in honor of SWEETSUE'S DALE) Day 70

IMG_00018103_-_Copy.jpg

IMG_00018108.jpg

Back
Top Bottom