OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

She's a beauty OMM. Love those slender fingers. How long are they BTW?
Great lineup. The VK is taking to the great outdoors very nicely also.:thumb:

those are absolutely beautiful plants....you should be so proud....just gorgeous.....once again, the columbian....she has those beautiful sweeping fingers, that just kinda grace the air....mine is already stinking, and it is that great smell i remember....am still shrinking pics, took too many, may stretch it out more.....hot again today, but still doable, clone room was 112f with windows open, vents up, and four fans blowing....they made it so far....or have they??? time will tell..take care, and i bet they do weigh alot...oh, yeah, went to ac/dc concert at tacoma dome last aug....was just beyond words....and those guys are as old as me too...see, there is hope....all i have to do is believe hard enough, thanks for the great pics...hugs, L and hubby..
going to work on pics...get some rest.

Hi High :):)

Looks like we were cross posting, just left your place. Looking Good. Got any seeds? That should last a while! :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment on the garden. I'm in my usual state of panic, things are going too well. I am always looking for a monster behind every tree. You know me!:yikes::yikes:

If by some miracle the Church is the only problem I have, that would be great,
but we both know better, just part of growing. :surf:

I'll try to get some pictures of my SLH up tomorrow. Got to mover to a more photogenic place. Putting her in the middle was a mistake, she has arms reaching everywhere now. To lazy to move today...she weighs a ton. Ugh! :smokin:

Thanks for the good vibes! :bravo:

I wish you more Peace in your Zen Garden Aloha

I think the Church is recovering nicely. I totally understand the panic when things are going well though....but bro, I think you are gonna find alot of stress just left your grow...I am not calling OC+ a miracle worker, but as far as inexpensive high quality nutes....HELL YEAH. And the polymer coated prills that the nutes come in, add the nutes when the soil needs it...that is science in my opinion and is designed to make me look good :Rasta: (no burning)...I believe the liquid nute game is more art and there are some real artists out there using them to wonderful effect, but I am still at the watercolor stage in my grows, but I am trying my hand at some pastel's over at my providers...talked him into trying out a "Super Soil" organic soil mix we mixed up in several kiddie pools he had (added to 3 parts 4P mix and 1 part Roots Organic soil) and so far so good...:tokin:

I brought home a starter set of those additives (basic but key ingredients for a couple bags of soil) to put in with my Mater Magic and I think my upcoming soil grows are gonna be pretty nice, I have bene's and fungus (same additive that Woodsman bought), dolomitic lime in long release pellet form, steamed bone meal, dry molasses, and humate supreme (humic acid source)...I am gonna do organic and inorganic hempys of the same strains so I know the difference. His mix has more stuff like worm castings, blood meal, azomite, and Marine Cuisine and will be adding rock phosphate (maybe) when we can find a local source. I am gonna get all that out of my Mater Magic so I didn't wanna mess with those.

Wow bro...did I ever ramble city...am nicely buzzed and felt at home I guess...:surf:

Aloha brother and :peacetwo: from my little garden.

P.S. Super Lemon Haze sure is pretty...:goodjob:

Virgin! Now that is a new one for me. I think I would like the taste of that. BTW, do virgins only come from seed? :morenutes:

Some reason everyone likes virgins! :grinjoint:

No! Virgins can be cloned :adore::adore:

The clones are exact duplicates of the original! :thumb:

She's a beauty OMM. Love those slender fingers. How long are they BTW?
Great lineup. The VK is taking to the great outdoors very nicely also.:thumb:

Hi My Friend :) The two longest limbs are over 2'. Got to measure her again. :popcorn:

All these strains and you and I are watching the VK! :thumb:
I really want to try that girl, think she will be a favorite of mine! I'm a provider, but I don't think I will provide anyone but me on this one. :yahoo:

Nice trichs forming on those leaves. Have a magnifying glass or a micro-lens?

Hi My Friend :):) A micro all in one lens.
Camera is a Coolpix L110 by Nikon. A cheaper Nikon.
Soon, I hope to have lots of trich covered shots. :thumb:

Hi Weed In a word "Yes"! No offense intended mate. :grinjoint:
hi mate no offense taken..........but you aint gettin let off that easy lol......i wanna no why?.........im thinking pumping air into the root system with my dones...will push the air right throu the soil basically to the top of soil and out......can you explain the theory behind your air pots......please......coz my thinking is if your pumping air in isn t it gonna come out the lowest holes and disperse ?....i appologise for my dumbness.......but really interested in those pots..........be lucky weedtastic

those are absolutely beautiful plants....you should be so proud....just gorgeous.....once again, the columbian....she has those beautiful sweeping fingers, that just kinda grace the air....mine is already stinking, and it is that great smell i remember....am still shrinking pics, took too many, may stretch it out more.....hot again today, but still doable, clone room was 112f with windows open, vents up, and four fans blowing....they made it so far....or have they??? time will tell..take care, and i bet they do weigh alot...oh, yeah, went to ac/dc concert at tacoma dome last aug....was just beyond words....and those guys are as old as me too...see, there is hope....all i have to do is believe hard enough, thanks for the great pics...hugs, L and hubby..
going to work on pics...get some rest.

Well Hello Lavendar :hippy:

Thanks for the nice words. That Columbian is just as you said, she graces the air. Smells like that old Columbian smell too.

Have you ever thought of setting your camera to a lower resolution? Wouldn't have to be reducing them all the time and I don't think people would even notice. Just a thought. :cheesygrinsmiley:

112 degrees??? How can they survive that? :smokin::smokin: Your sure are fighting it off any way you can. :goodluck:

Envy! You got to see ACDC! Old farts are still good!

We get allot of Hip Hop concerts over here and a rare big name once every 5 years or so. Last two I saw were Elton John and then two Ozzie O concerts. So you know it will be a while. Adam Lambert is coming is October, but was sold out in 30 minutes. Bummer! :smokin:

Hope you can get in a bit of rest soon! :thumb:

hi mate sorry ive just watched the video so now understand wots happening with the air pots......really interesting stuff.........althou im a little worried now wot will happen if i dehydrate my root system with so much air being pumped into them..........gonna do some more research.......back soon.......thanks for the video mate ............be lucky weedtastic

I think the Church is recovering nicely. I totally understand the panic when things are going well though....but bro, I think you are gonna find alot of stress just left your grow...I am not calling OC+ a miracle worker, but as far as inexpensive high quality nutes....HELL YEAH. And the polymer coated prills that the nutes come in, add the nutes when the soil needs it...that is science in my opinion and is designed to make me look good :Rasta: (no burning)...I believe the liquid nute game is more art and there are some real artists out there using them to wonderful effect, but I am still at the watercolor stage in my grows, but I am trying my hand at some pastel's over at my providers...talked him into trying out a "Super Soil" organic soil mix we mixed up in several kiddie pools he had (added to 3 parts 4P mix and 1 part Roots Organic soil) and so far so good...:tokin:

I brought home a starter set of those additives (basic but key ingredients for a couple bags of soil) to put in with my Mater Magic and I think my upcoming soil grows are gonna be pretty nice, I have bene's and fungus (same additive that Woodsman bought), dolomitic lime in long release pellet form, steamed bone meal, dry molasses, and humate supreme (humic acid source)...I am gonna do organic and inorganic hempys of the same strains so I know the difference. His mix has more stuff like worm castings, blood meal, azomite, and Marine Cuisine and will be adding rock phosphate (maybe) when we can find a local source. I am gonna get all that out of my Mater Magic so I didn't wanna mess with those.

Wow bro...did I ever ramble city...am nicely buzzed and felt at home I guess...:surf:

Aloha brother and :peacetwo: from my little garden.

P.S. Super Lemon Haze sure is pretty...:goodjob:

Aloha High :cheer:

Man, I'm sure glad you come by here allot! :Rasta:
Love your rambling too! Always learn new things and techniques on how to do things. :blunt:

That sounds like a good mix you and your provider mixed up. Nothing but good ingredients. Must have took some time doing it. Good exercise too!

OC+ is doing it for me! I know you have told me before, however could you tell me about Mater Magic again? Is that where we get all the beneficial organisms? Or? Where in the world did you get dry molasses! Never heard of it before. On that note do you even give your girls molasses any more?

Sorry jumping all over the place. Yeah, liquid nutes are touchy and an art in themselves. Last grow, I had plants that just sucked them up luckily.

No worry ferts are great!

Ah speaking of rambling.........:smokin:

hi mate no offense taken..........but you aint gettin let off that easy lol......i wanna no why?.........im thinking pumping air into the root system with my dones...will push the air right throu the soil basically to the top of soil and out......can you explain the theory behind your air pots......please......coz my thinking is if your pumping air in isn t it gonna come out the lowest holes and disperse ?....i appologise for my dumbness.......but really interested in those pots..........be lucky weedtastic

You'll never be dumb in my book weedtastic :thumb:

Actually the "Air" part of an AirPot is not that they put air through the pot, but when the roots come out of the side holes and bottom of the pots. The air prunes the roots (kills the end of the roots, which is good) and the pots never get root bound. That's kinda like always having fresh roots growing.
The curved nipples on the inside divert roots from growing back to the middle of the pots and forming a root ball. That way you have new roots growing and the old ones are air pruned. Healthy roots means healthy plants. :surf:

Hope that helped my Friend :goodluck:

hi mate sorry ive just watched the video so now understand wots happening with the air pots......really interesting stuff.........althou im a little worried now wot will happen if i dehydrate my root system with so much air being pumped into them..........gonna do some more research.......back soon.......thanks for the video mate ............be lucky weedtastic

Hi Again Weed Well there is no air being pumped in at all. See my post to you above. It took me a while to understand that too. Besides we are talking spending a little money too. Not much, but some. :hookah:

Hey OMM your plants are pretty HUGE! Looks like the yeild is gonna be very nice. Question, do you know of any places not hydro stores where to buy decent liquid nutes? Kinda iffy on going in a hydro shop lol. Well take care appreciate it if you got any advice!

Hi My Friend :) The two longest limbs are over 2'. Got to measure her again. :popcorn:

All these strains and you and I are watching the VK! :thumb:
I really want to try that girl, think she will be a favorite of mine! I'm a provider, but I don't think I will provide anyone but me on this one. :yahoo:

Sorry I wasn't clear OMM, I meant the length of the leaves.

The VK may be one of your keepers but I think there'll be a few others.:thumb:

Hey OMM your plants are pretty HUGE! Looks like the yeild is gonna be very nice. Question, do you know of any places not hydro stores where to buy decent liquid nutes? Kinda iffy on going in a hydro shop lol. Well take care appreciate it if you got any advice!

I haven't seen any place that has them, but the Hydro stores. I go to the one on Democrat Street. They are good people...and kinda hidden. You should see their back room! You could eBay them too! The shipping is a killer though. :smokin:

Sorry I wasn't clear OMM, I meant the length of the leaves.

The VK may be one of your keepers but I think there'll be a few others.:thumb:

He He! You hit the nail on the head......many keepers. I feel closer to finding my favorite now! In fact I may come out of this with many favorites! :Rasta:

Oh! The leaves......

Aloha High :cheer:

Man, I'm sure glad you come by here allot! :Rasta:
Love your rambling too! Always learn new things and techniques on how to do things. :blunt:

That sounds like a good mix you and your provider mixed up. Nothing but good ingredients. Must have took some time doing it. Good exercise too!

OC+ is doing it for me! I know you have told me before, however could you tell me about Mater Magic again? Is that where we get all the beneficial organisms? Or? Where in the world did you get dry molasses! Never heard of it before. On that note do you even give your girls molasses any more?

Sorry jumping all over the place. Yeah, liquid nutes are touchy and an art in themselves. Last grow, I had plants that just sucked them up luckily.

No worry ferts are great!

Ah speaking of rambling.........:smokin:

Aloha OMM, my good friend.

The principle we kinda followed was to provide sources of slow release organic nutes for NPK and Calcium/Magnesium (the other macronutes), and I forgot to add that Epsom Salts were added to his mix, and plenty of micronutes...just to make rich soil for bene's to thrive in and feed the little girls from small until about week 3 of bloom, where he plans on starting his BioBizz Bloom and his Bloom Enhancers.

As far as molasses goes, I haven't been giving them molasses...only the soil girls would get it...hydro it would make slime soup. Stopped adding it for SLH because of all the other nutes I have in her soil (she is my runoff catcher from my hempy girls)...molasses is much more of a benefit in organic grows versus inorganic (OC+ is inorganic)...I now will have it in dry form for slow release in my soil to feed the bene's.

As far as Mater Magic (from Dynamite) goes...it is supposedly high quality slow release ground meat organic nutrients with most of the micro's from organic sources built in...it is not a prill and should not be used in hempy. It has the same basic build as OC+ but is much higher in Calcium (big need in tomatoes which this is designed for and I think for pot too). Warning: This stuff can burn the babies in high quantities so is not stoner proof....:Rasta:

This is why I got those additives from my provider, so I could grow a fully organic grow. As far as beneficial's, there is an additive we put in with 5 kinds of beneficial bacteria and maybe 15 types of fungus along with other quality organic ferts that is the starter for this soil. It is called....have to go look it up....It is Fox Farms, Peace of Mind, Fruit and Flower. That is a mouthful.

For liquid nutes, my hempy girls get them occasionally still as a supplement (and my SLH as runoff)...just not relying on them for my basic nute needs anymore.

:peacetwo: Hope I covered all the questions...am not stoned yet so am a little dense...:cool:

What's up OMM, sorry for my being MIA. In my absents your garden has grown into a very healthy looking forest. Looking very nice as usual.. Looking forward to seeing those ladies filling out.... Again, great job...

Back
Top Bottom