Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

What makes cap'n style? Just curious.
I use hydro and the plants can grow as big as you like but biggest is not always better. Better to do three grows every 10-12 weeks than one huge plant in four months

OttawaGreen, Capt'n style is a method that TheCaptn a former member here "created" and has been perfecting it since he started. GreenThumbJ is TheCaptn's good friend and he took to his methods as well continuing these methods following TheCaptn here on 420. They both are now gone from this website and so are there methods. No one that i know of is utilizing them or growing this method other than them.

Its a pretty genius idea if you ask me. It consist of growing in nothing but rockwool cubes, up-potting every week or so. It utilizes using microbial superpack with rapid growth and beautiful white roots. The end result being in a 5 gallon pot on top of a tote or container with pipe and a pump that pumps nutrient solution to the top of the pot 6 or more times a day and then drains back to the tote as you CANT over water rockwool. By the very end of flower a lot of roots will be outgrew the pot and grew into the container which acts like a top feed / DWC by the end of flower. I love this method as you can go on vacation for a week and nothing will be hurt if using a big enough tote so it doesnt run dry. In this style it also effective only using one plant per 600 watt HPS. No defoliation... And setting up a semi scrog kinda like I already do. I will be doing this around the end of August if everything works out. I already have the supplies.

Edit to add: I just read the rest of your post.

Any plant can grow big but like myself this method is after arm sized quality colas. A plant can only grow as big as the light its under... There is no plant that I know of that will finish in 10 weeds start to finish other tahn a auto or something small... You will always have at least 30+ days veg and then 60 days flower which is 12 weeks plus. That is if you want anything out of it. This method utilizing exactly the amount of light you can give it. If you use a 600 watt HPS you will pull 600 grams + of arm sized colas. If using 1000 watt you will pull 1000 + grams per plant... This method will grow the same if not faster than any soil or hydro grow but its the ease of it and super healthy plants and monster buds.... This method is not meant to veg for months and months.

What makes cap'n style? Just curious.
I use hydro and the plants can grow as big as you like but biggest is not always better. Better to do three grows every 10-12 weeks than one huge plant in four months

How to: Simple Hydroponics by "TheCapn"

No one that i know of is utilizing them growing this method other than them

I think Etaffate is still active here, doing a cap'n style grow, also Skybound is probably lurking around and will hopefully start another journal. His last one was great. C526, Africangrower, actually a whole pile of members who have done some Cap'n style grows well worth reading. I'm surprised there aren't more. I keep meaning to be one of them one of these days. Seems like a really interesting way to grow, and the growth rate is amazing.

I think Etaffate is still active here, doing a cap'n style grow, also Skybound is probably lurking around and will hopefully start another journal. His last one was great. C526, Africangrower, actually a whole pile of members who have done some Cap'n style grows well worth reading. I'm surprised there aren't more. I keep meaning to be one of them one of these days. Seems like a really interesting way to grow, and the growth rate is amazing.

Yea C526 pulled 1056 grams from one plant. That was the first time I seen Cap'n Style and man was I blown away. Beautiful job.

Thanks for all this info guys!!! Great bit of information here!

Looking great pigeon!! You've really been improving you're growing abilities quickly. Plants look great!

Thanks a lot Clouds!! You're right, my skills have gone 10 fold. And I have no one else to thank but the great folks from this magazine. Include the 5 guys having this convo above me here!

Amazing community!

I shouldn't say small plants are always best. Just best for me, but I've only ever had two 400hps and now instead two 260w panels for bloom. So for that setup small plants seem best. But for you monster growers in the Over 1000 club I do not have experience with indoor Suns so I should not comment ;-)

Just beautiful man congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

Thanks SeedLab! I can't believe how fast it's approaching. Every day is a wedding day adventure. Planning this, writing that, driving there. It's been busy. But totally worth it!

Where abouts in he great north do you reside?

Well I certainly appreciate the motivation guys. You're right! What do I have to lose? **Other than my dignity?** Haha

You guys might just see her in the race tomorrow ;)

Hahaha! Dignity's overrated.

Well put Weaselcracker. :battingeyelashes:

***SUNDAY UPDATE***

Hi everyone!

Beautiful things are happening around here. I'm getting married in 6 days! Rehearsal dinner is Friday. Time is sure ticking past quickly.

To the garden!

MATARO BLUE
Isn't she huge? I can tell that she is loving the 1000Ws. She is a massive bush. Her bud sites are coming in nicely and the cola is beginning to take shape. I think she is going to blow me away when she's ready for harvest.
image28014.jpg

image28015.jpg

image28016.jpg

FLOWER BOMB KUSH
Coming along smoothly, I gave her first feeding today. She has lightened up significantly so, I think she is ready for some nutrients. Started out light and ill gradually increase the dosage.
image28007.jpg

image28008.jpg

GREEN CRACK
She is on the home stretch. Breeder predicts 8 week flowering time. She is now week 7. Realistically I think she will take around 9/10 weeks. She'll tell me.
image28011.jpg

image28012.jpg

image28013.jpg

That's the girls. I have planted a couple more seeds and I will add them to the journal this week. Would like to see some green before they show themselves to the world :)

You guys take care this week and look for the positive in every situation!

Here's a group shot of the girls
image28006.jpg

MB is perfect - what a beauty!
GC is ... GC! Another stunner.
FBK has me wondering. Something doesn't look 100% with her. Maybe over-watered?
She has some claw, yet she is lighter green. The leaves are curling and seem stunted in the newer growth.
All those symptoms make me want to check the roots.
Enjoy the week and your wedding!

MB is perfect - what a beauty!
GC is ... GC! Another stunner.
FBK has me wondering. Something doesn't look 100% with her. Maybe over-watered?
She has some claw, yet she is lighter green. The leaves are curling and seem stunted in the newer growth.
All those symptoms make me want to check the roots.
Enjoy the week and your wedding!

Great observation PITA.

She has been a constant battle to keep healthy. She has certainly taught me a few things. I'm considering her a lesson through and through. She's been such a struggle to keep normal. That I've learned lots about flushing, nute burn, checking PH and PPM. Worse case scenario she doesn't make it but I learn a boat load about troubleshooting and problem solving.

In all honesty I don't think she is a case of over watering. (Maybe that's denial that something so rudimentary would happen to me) I think this because other then today she hasn't had a watering since Thursday night.

But maybe you're right. I'll take it into consideration.

As always PITA, thank you for stopping in! You're my number one fan :rofl:

Hehe I was just about to say roots! It looks like when a DWC grow has root problems to me... But its soil!!! Possible root bound? it looks like a big pot. I would lean towards over watering since she looks like shes suffocating. Let get dry out completely!!! She should be light as air when dry. Even though shes in flower let her stress a little and let her dry out. Thats my recommendation. I think she may be experiencing a few problems.

Good luck! Garden looks beautiful!

I do let her dry out a fair bit. And she certainly gets dry. Or "light as air" when I go to give her a drink. I really don't think it's over watering. I'm so meticulous to note when I water. And I'm always putting my fingers in the soil to ensure she is dry enough. She is still a bit acidic in the soil when I test the PH and she has about 600ppm in run off. She drinks 1200 some.

But I am not a fan of these pots. You'll never see them in my grow again. I've been able to purchase six 5 gallon get pots. So hopefully problems like this will be something of the past.

back from life probs looking good come by and see whats going on

Back
Top Bottom