1st Grow, Bagseed, CFL's..

I wouldn't get too excited about any deficiencies. Those plants look fine.

Every grower goes through your pains. I was where you are at one time. I'm still going through those pains! Wait until you harvest and smoke your own..... it's like nothing else. Then you'll realllly get the itch to expand.
yeah dude that's what I was thinking, It's probably just the leaf getting towards the end of its life. For my first grow though, I'm happy with how it's turning out so far. I can't wait to smoke my own, it's going to be an amazing feeling knowing all the effort I put into it. I'm honestly surprised I've gotten this far with my limited resources. Thanks to everyone on here with all the knowledge we're all sharing. I wish I could smoke a bowl with all who helped out in here ;)

One day..

TheCriMsonK20, We just waited for our first grow to harvest, then used the seed money to buy equipment one piece at a time. Getting some nutes to your plants would def help, but hey, I have seen outdoor grows with no nutes, and they did just fine. If you have good soil to start, plants will be able to draw nutes from there for now.

yeah dude, hopefully I get a decent amount of smoke from these. Today is the start of the 3rd week in flower, 2nd week since they started showing sex. Still have 5 weeks until my estimated harvest date, so I'm very excited to see what happens between now and then. The money I will save from not having to buy my meds will be put to good use in expanding my growing equipment.

Marijuana can be finicky at times, but it really isn't that hard to grow. After all it is a weed. As you stated, a person with limited resources can still grow their own. All it takes is common sense, some heart, and lots of balls. You'll gain knowledge as you go from places like this. It's what you do with that knowledge that counts.

Best of luck my friend.

I went to check on them right before the lights went off today and the second seed I planted was just poking its head above soil, so I took the 2 cups out of the grow room with the 45W 2700k CFL and just set them in the floor in the basement and rigged up something to clamp the bulb to. I might just do this every time I turn the lights off so they grow a bit faster. The first new born is showing its first set of leaves already, so we're off!

spike, sisco, kw, thanks for the kind words guys!

You know how the one plant was showing pink hues in the pistils?
9-28-09_007.jpg

Well, last night when i turned the lights on, i checked out the ladies and that bud is getting super pink, its very interesting considering its bagseed. I'll have to throw up some pics of it. Does anyone know if this is just a strain characteristic or maybe a deficiency? I'm leaning toward just a strain characteristic as the plant looks amazing.

I need to water them tonight.. Well, they were dry last night, but every couple of waterings I give them an extra day of dryness and they seem to love it.

spike, sisco, kw, thanks for the kind words guys!

You know how the one plant was showing pink hues in the pistils?
9-28-09_007.jpg

Well, last night when i turned the lights on, i checked out the ladies and that bud is getting super pink, its very interesting considering its bagseed. I'll have to throw up some pics of it. Does anyone know if this is just a strain characteristic or maybe a deficiency? I'm leaning toward just a strain characteristic as the plant looks amazing.

I need to water them tonight.. Well, they were dry last night, but every couple of waterings I give them an extra day of dryness and they seem to love it.

K2 I have had the pink a few diff. times in my grows,I think its just plant kinds and its like the veins in the plant you see since most hairs are translucent,there has to be something coming in and going out as the hairs keep growing and changing,thats the only place we can see into plant.your plants and journal--------TOP NOTCH.:surf:

makes sense dude, I'll throw some shots up of them anyway because they look beautiful!

Lights come on at 8:30pm EST so I'll snap some tonight hopefully.

TheCriMsonK20! I try To read one journal a day that i am not following. Today was yours, I am glad I did... what treat!:yummy: I love soil grows, it seem more and more people are going hydro these days. 5 gallon buckets love that too. And LST! No nutes wow! why to go. No major problems!:cheer: I can not imagine what you will be able to do with a lighting up grade! Will this be soon? Anyway great plants, tons of bud sites! Lst is the way to go your are right. Best of luck in times to come. I am here from now on! :popcorn:Thank you!

rock on man, they're gorgeous!

I may have run into an opportunity to harvest some outdoor beauties with a buddy of mine. Turns out he yielded far more than he ever wanted, and since hes growing for personal use only, sees no need to harvest the remaining couple of giants. More details when it is confirmed, but as of now it looks like a hopeful way to score a pound or so. :rollit:

TheCriMsonK20! I try To read one journal a day that i am not following. Today was yours, I am glad I did... what treat!:yummy: I love soil grows, it seem more and more people are going hydro these days. 5 gallon buckets love that too. And LST! No nutes wow! why to go. No major problems!:cheer: I can not imagine what you will be able to do with a lighting up grade! Will this be soon? Anyway great plants, tons of bud sites! Lst is the way to go your are right. Best of luck in times to come. I am here from now on! :popcorn:Thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed the journal dude! I hope by posting everything that happens with my plants it can help educate some others down the road somewhere and keep this plant growing and thriving. One of these days we will prevail and can cultivate this plant without fear of being imprisoned, no matter where we reside, or if we have a special card or not. This journal is a great example of what can happen with the right information and little to no resources.

I'm hoping to get a lighting upgrade before the end of the year, I'm also going invest in some better soil and some nutrients, and hopefully some good genetics before years end. I'm a bit tight for cash right now, but hopefully a few new opportunities pull through and I can get out of this rut I'm in. I'm not falling behind, but I'm also not moving forward.

I've learned a lot from this grow, and the only reason I haven't fed them yet is because I don't want to start feeding without being able to test the PH and make sure I know EXACTLY what I'm giving my plants. It would be a shame to make a newbie mistake and end up ruining my crop because I wasn't fully prepared. I'm also a little weary of feeding them since my soil isn't the greatest and I don't want to end up with a huge buildup that will upset my plants. Next time around, I'm doing it right with FF soil, perlite, and quality food. I'm very confident in my growing skills thanks to all the members on here sharing their valuable information. After all, its extremely valuable to be able to grow my own smoke and save $500 a month doing so. After browsing the threads daily for many months, I'm starting to become much more familiar with the plant characteristics and can properly tell what it needs. I can't thank everyone on here enough!!

rock on man, they're gorgeous!

Thanks bro! thanks for stoppin by :bongrip:

TheCriMsonK20, you are not alone there bro. I have been laid off since Jan 08. Jobs are tight..so we just augment with whatever works. MDVL works sporadically at best, and I have had a few short duration jobs helping out neighbors and friends. So don't worry, it will all work out in the end. Hey, if it hadn't been for the past events, ie economic recession and such..I would not have developed the "hobby" and probably wouldn't have been here. ^5

TheCriMsonK20, you are not alone there bro. I have been laid off since Jan 08. Jobs are tight..so we just augment with whatever works. MDVL works sporadically at best, and I have had a few short duration jobs helping out neighbors and friends. So don't worry, it will all work out in the end. Hey, if it hadn't been for the past events, ie economic recession and such..I would not have developed the "hobby" and probably wouldn't have been here. ^5

yeah i feel ya dude.. Fortunately, I still have a great job and haven't been hit with any effects from the recession.. I think its due mainly to my city doing so well and as a programmer, the field is always expanding. I'm starting to think higher education is a scam to keep people poor. I make great money, but most of it goes to those student loan payments.. All in good time, I just need to stay patient and focused and in time, things will come :Rasta:

TheCriMsonK20, hey bro, it didn't take long to put the app together. Something I toy around with on the side. I tend to use more VB that Access for coding. It is much easier and more direct at times. Use Access to start the skeleton, then use VB to get things done! I have also thought of converting it to a web based app. Not to difficult to do. Lucky for you that the market is still strong for local programmers. I never felt that database design was my strongest suit. Patience is a virtue when it comes to the grows, specially when it gets closer to harvest time. Keep up the great work bro.

I may have run into an opportunity to harvest some outdoor beauties with a buddy of mine. Turns out he yielded far more than he ever wanted, and since hes growing for personal use only, sees no need to harvest the remaining couple of giants. More details when it is confirmed, but as of now it looks like a hopeful way to score a pound or so.

Need some help? I hope that comes true for you.:ganjamon:

:goodjob:

TheCriMsonK20, hey bro, it didn't take long to put the app together. Something I toy around with on the side. I tend to use more VB that Access for coding. It is much easier and more direct at times. Use Access to start the skeleton, then use VB to get things done! I have also thought of converting it to a web based app. Not to difficult to do. Lucky for you that the market is still strong for local programmers. I never felt that database design was my strongest suit. Patience is a virtue when it comes to the grows, specially when it gets closer to harvest time. Keep up the great work bro.

yeah dude, i know exactly what you mean when it comes to that. It's pretty much the same with any tool similar to Access.. Flash, for example is so much easier to use if you program it in ActionScript rather than use the graphical interface to write the code for you.

I may have run into an opportunity to harvest some outdoor beauties with a buddy of mine. Turns out he yielded far more than he ever wanted, and since hes growing for personal use only, sees no need to harvest the remaining couple of giants. More details when it is confirmed, but as of now it looks like a hopeful way to score a pound or so.

Need some help? I hope that comes true for you.:ganjamon:

:goodjob:

yeah dude I should know Monday, but it would be a killer opportunity!

Heres the update I promised last night. I shot a couple pics. Notice the trichs forming on the first plant! yummmmmyy!!!!

10-3-09_001.jpg

10-3-09_002.jpg

10-3-09_003.jpg

10-3-09_004.jpg

10-3-09_005.jpg

10-3-09_006.jpg

10-3-09_007.jpg

10-3-09_008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom