2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Thanks for this Major, I'm only a few pages in, but excited to learn as much as I can!:thumb:
Hey Major....sup my brotha? Weather? Cat D. ? Cheers eh!
Looks great, Major, thanks for sharing your info!!

Wow! I'm glad you find some of it interesting or useful.

All is good in the garden, bro. :thumb:
We are in for cooler temperatures and rain for the next few days - but not a lot. Not worried about mold yet, so that's good. We can sure use some rain. There is so much smoke in the air from the fires around here, I'm afraid I'll end up with BBQ flavor buds.
CD is on the horizon within the next week.
Pitbulls are beginning to smell really nice. The AoS girls aren't quite there yet - very little smell or sugar on the leaves.

Thanks for stopping by! :high-five:

The Weakly (Week #20 / Bloom Week #3 completed)

:welcome: back!

This week's update is more of the same.
Finally a beautiful weekend here. Temp is about 90 with a nice breeze and we had a gentle rain overnight. The plants are loving it, and that rain is greatly appreciated by everyone on the left coast. We have at least 6 large fires around us currently burning more than 250,000 acres. This is the first day in two weeks we aren't choked with smoke. :thumb:

All the cuttings I took from this grow have rooted. I have four of each - three still in cups and one of each are in 1 gal pots now. I plan on growing one of each for my next grow even though I've never tried either one of them. I will grow a total of four plants indoors so I'm going to pick up two new strains. I'm looking for a CBD and I hope to find a Blue Dream. All this is subject to change depending on what I find and how my clones do.

The kit plants each got their 4 gal. of water with 1/4 Trans (5.5 ml) this morning. Tomorrow is their brix day (I do one per week). They get a drench every 4 days so I'm scheduling the Pitbull for its first Cat Drench on Wednesday. That will put her mid way through her fourth week of bloom. I'll try to get a pic at that time. The AoS plant is two weeks younger and is supposed to take a week longer to finish. I'm going to give it at least an extra week before her Cat. It is difficult to measure now, but the AoS looks to be an even 8 feet tall. I wish I'd put them directly into the ground - no pots. Next time!

On to the pictures...

The first two pictures are the two Ace of Spades
OG_AoS_08-29-15-1.jpg

HB_AoS_08-29-15-1.jpg

Here are two pictures each of the two Pitbulls
HB_PB_2_08-29-15-1.jpg

HB_PB_1_08-29-15-1.jpg

OG_PB_1_08-29-15-1.jpg

OG_PB_2_08-29-15-1.jpg

Stay tuned - same time / same station. I hope to see you next week. Get out and have a great weekend! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Weakly (Week #20 / Bloom Week #3 completed)

:welcome: back!

This week's update is more of the same.
Keep it coming, we can't get enough...

What's up Gov? It's been awhile.

Those are gonna be the best you ever had. Its my first time on DBHBB indoors. I'm going from what I know and read about the Cat Drench. If you're indoors you'd be going at the end of stretch and beautiful hemispheres of pistils. However outdoors the stretch happens very slowly as the time of sunlight slowly shortens so it is possible that part of the equation has been met. From what I see in your pictures you are right at the point of hemispheres of pistils. In other words your scheduled Cat Drench this coming Wednesday is likely right on the money. Also I would guess that the window for the Cat Drench in outdoor grows is a bit wider so don't sweat it.

Awesome grow man:thumb:

Thanks for the comments and support!
This grow is truly a group effort. There is no way I'd have this level of success on my first real grow in 30+ years w/o all the great people here. You are awesome!

Nice grow you've got here Major!
:goodjob:

Looks like I've arrived just in time to see the show.
:nomo:

The sun on your plants gives me real stoke everytime.

They are starting to turn into something other than shrubberies!

They've handled a gnarly summer remarkably!

Fine Job Major! Look at the resin already hey! Those are going to be spectacular! :goodjob:
Mornin my brotha!!! What Neiko said eh! They're lookin some nice Major....right on track eh....great to see. A few nice sunny warm weeks ....that's what i'de be hoping for at this point, and beyond that just NO frost! Is that asking too much? Nahh. Cheers pal.:bravo::thumb:
Nice grow you've got here Major!
:goodjob:
Looks like I've arrived just in time to see the show.
:nomo:
The sun on your plants gives me real stoke everytime.
They are starting to turn into something other than shrubberies!
They've handled a gnarly summer remarkably!

Thanks for stopping by, guys!
This week looks to be perfect outdoor weather: highs in the mid-80's and lows in the low to mid-60's with a nice breeze. I can't wait to give them their cat drenches and finish them. The AoS make me a little nervous with the speed she is budding. It may be a race to get her done before a heavy frost. :thedoubletake: Cheers!

-edit-
I forgot to mention, when I walked down the road yesterday I spotted another garden. That makes at least 8 around me. I feel like an idiot for missing this one before now. It has sunflowers in front of it, but they have at least 100 plants growing. I'm way less concerned about getting ripped off since my grow is nothing compared to all the others around here. One grower has plants that must be 12-14 feet tall. When I'm outside, I can smell the grows. Good times!

This week looks to be perfect outdoor weather: highs in the mid-80's and lows in the low to mid-60's with a nice breeze.
That dang near sounds like a controlled environment Pita.

That dang near sounds like a controlled environment Pita.

Agreed - just not my control. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I only have one small issue: whiteflies.
I learned this year to NEVER plant broccoli or Brussels sprouts near my cannabis grow. Those little buggers love their cruciferous veggies. Now that those plants are finished, the flies are everywhere in the garden. Luckily they haven't done anything to the health of the plants...so far. I just don't want to deal with them at harvest.

I know that's right.

Thanks for stopping by, guys!
This week looks to be perfect outdoor weather: highs in the mid-80's and lows in the low to mid-60's with a nice breeze. I can't wait to give them their cat drenches and finish them. The AoS make me a little nervous with the speed she is budding. It may be a race to get her done before a heavy frost. :thedoubletake: Cheers!

-edit-
I forgot to mention, when I walked down the road yesterday I spotted another garden. That makes at least 8 around me. I feel like an idiot for missing this one before now. It has sunflowers in front of it, but they have at least 100 plants growing. I'm way less concerned about getting ripped off since my grow is nothing compared to all the others around here. One grower has plants that must be 12-14 feet tall. When I'm outside, I can smell the grows. Good times!

Truly is "The Happy Valley" now....

Back
Top Bottom