420 Magazine Official NextLight LED Grow Journal By Brett Blaze

I use two metrics for determining when to flip. One is the total height of the plant. Knowing the plants can triple in height I make sure I flip before they get too high. Second is to make sure my secondary branches are developed enough.

Since these are 17" (or where yesterday) and could be 20" or taller by the weekend they could get to 60" tall. I purposely choose strains with lower height and hope these only double in height at 40" or so.

You can flip at any time. It's the growers choice. I once flipped after only two weeks in a hydro system and they still outgrew my tent height.

love your container. knew a grower who used massive totes in the same fashion.
should call your set up the playpen .. :p

Post Lollipop Photo

Journal 11102021-1.jpg

Update
Veg Day 35 - 48 days total

Last days of Veg. I will flip tomorrow or Sunday. I did a light pruning. Nothing that should stress the plants.

Today I placed the trellis over the plants and did a little training. Mainly pushing the main branch off to the side to help keep the canopy even. As they stretch in Flower I'll need to adjust these ladies almost daily until the stretch is over.

Even after the major pruning a few days ago they grew quickly.

Journal 11122021-3.jpg

Journal 11122021-1.jpg

Journal 11122021-2.jpg

Journal 11122021-4.jpg

:peace::passitleft:

Day 3 Cont.

The Mega Pro light level can be manually adjusted in 25% increments or when hooked up the the Control Pro, adjustments can be made in 1% increments. The NextLight Control Pro can control up to 500 NextLight Pro Series fixtures per controller (250 fixtures per channel).

Journal 092121-21.jpg

Journal 092121-22.jpg

Everything testing out ok so I mounted the controllers on a panel next to the tent ready to be hooked up and programmed tomorrow.

Journal 092121-25.jpg

:peace: :passitleft:
Hey Brett nice improvements the new Pro has over the Mega of yesterday which I gladly run and love. I see right off the bat the hanging system has been improved, and the Pro's light control is more convenient. Folding for storage ain't too shabby too! Those boys and girls at @NextLight sure do it right!
Update
Veg Day 35 - 48 days total

Last days of Veg. I will flip tomorrow or Sunday. I did a light pruning. Nothing that should stress the plants.

Today I placed the trellis over the plants and did a little training. Mainly pushing the main branch off to the side to help keep the canopy even. As they stretch in Flower I'll need to adjust these ladies almost daily until the stretch is over.

Even after the major pruning a few days ago they grew quickly.

Journal 11122021-3.jpg

Journal 11122021-1.jpg

Journal 11122021-2.jpg

Journal 11122021-4.jpg

They really do look great! Happy flip day!

Update
Veg Day 38 - 51 days total

So I decided to give it a few more days before flipping. The secondary branches are not high enough yet. In a few days I will lollipop again and probably use the trellis for a line.

Journal 11152021-1.jpg

Update
Veg Day 38 - 51 days total

So I decided to give it a few more days before flipping. The secondary branches are not high enough yet. In a few days I will lollipop again and probably use the trellis for a line.

Journal 11152021-1.jpg

That canopy is ridiculous dude!!!

Observation: yellowing around the leaf edges. Looks consistent in most of the plants. Thoughts?

That canopy is ridiculous dude!!!

Observation: yellowing around the leaf edges. Looks consistent in most of the plants. Thoughts?
She looks hungry maybe!? Them leaves look similar to when I did my math wrong on my Geoflora nutrients and starved my poor ladies!! Looks great Brett going to be a packed tent my friend cheers!

The yellow edges on the two left plants has been there since before transplanting. Both are Granddaddy Purple. The right two which are Northern Lights aren’t affected. I don’t think it’s nutrients since they all share the same bed. Maybe the GDP are more light sensitive. I have noticed leaf cupping on them too. PAR is under 500 which should be fine for most plants.

It’s puzzling since it hasn’t affected the growth. I’ve searched for pictures of similar and saw one with too much light looking near the same. I’ve turned the light down and raised the light but still getting new leaves with yellow.

The yellow edges on the two left plants has been there since before transplanting.
Just triggered my eyes this evening. I'll look back. Maybe it's the lighting making it more apparent? Not sure.
I don’t think it’s nutrients since they all share the same bed.
I'm thinking something is lacking. That's my gut. I don't have the experience to know for certain how light stress looks. I would think at this stage you could blast them and they would eat it up without an issue.

I'm thinking the soil hasn't broken down specifically what they need or there's a lockout maybe.
I’ve turned the light down and raised the light but still getting new leaves with yellow.
That makes me feel like a lock out.

Just took a good look at the back left one. Yellowing is getting pretty bad. They are due some water so I’ll top dress tomorrow.
Recharge works great in lock outs. Any stems turning red or discolored?

Update
Veg Day 39 - 52 days total

Per my update yesterday and the decision to postpone flipping a few days I did a major lollipop today in addition to adding a few supplements and a good watering.

I decided to move the lollipop line up to the trellis level and removed light blocking fan leaves. Same as the previous pruning but up several inches. It's tough sometimes cutting off a branch that won't make the trellis level but it always seems to work out. I did leave a few branches that are close and around the edge of the bed.

Journal 11162021-1.jpg

Journal 11162021-2.jpg

Journal 11162021-3.jpg

Once Lollipopped I added some additional soil mix and worked it into the straw mulch. I took a large amount of worms from the worm bin and added it to the bed. I added some about a month ago but it doesn't appear they multiplied much since I didn't see any when looking through the soil.

On top of that I added some more top cover seeds since the last batch didn't really produce much. After putting down some top cover seeds I added a handful per plant of a Kashi blend (compost accelerator) which includes organic molasses, organic rice bran, organic wheat bran, organic camelina meal, organic insect frass, and microbial inoculant.

I topped dressed with @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg formula at 8 oz. per 10 gallons of soil. I have around 70 gallons of soil so I added 56 oz. of the nutrients. After adding, I mixed everything into the soil lightly with my fingers.

For the watering I put 3 1/2 gallons into my bucket which is 5% of the total volume of soil. I can add up to 10% total and will probably add a few more gallons later today once this first watering has time to soak in. In the water I added 1 1/2 tsp of Quillaja Saponaria Extract Powder wetting agent, 1 1/2 tsp of Aloe Vera Powder Flakes, 1 tsp of a Mycrobe additive, 20 ml of Purpinator and 30 ml of @Sierra Natural Science SNS 209.

Journal 11162021-4.jpg

Journal 11162021-5.jpg

The yellow edges on the two left plants has been there since before transplanting. Both are Granddaddy Purple. The right two which are Northern Lights aren’t affected. I don’t think it’s nutrients since they all share the same bed. Maybe the GDP are more light sensitive. I have noticed leaf cupping on them too. PAR is under 500 which should be fine for most plants.

It’s puzzling since it hasn’t affected the growth. I’ve searched for pictures of similar and saw one with too much light looking near the same. I’ve turned the light down and raised the light but still getting new leaves with yellow.

are they coming in green then yellowing ? or do they just never get green to the edges ?

edit: and do they taco a bit with it ?

are they coming in green then yellowing ? or do they just never get green to the edges ?

edit: and do they taco a bit with it ?
They start out with yellow edges. Yes they taco.

Back
Top Bottom