• Jimmycricket - Chemdog D

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Bassman59 - Kosher Kush

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Cola Monster - Blueberry x Cheese

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL I had to go back and look. didnt see a wet one in the house:)

Agreed!

Its called "proper" curing! ;)

You can't really tell how wet or dry a nug is by a photo anyway, cause a well cured bud, heck... even a quick dry, professionally done can often give the "appearance" of a fresh cut bud in a photo depending on the lighting etc. ;)

When you handle it, you can immediately tell the difference of course, as will anyone who smokes well cured bud as opposed to fresh cut, undried OR uncured. The latter will often taste like grass clippings, where as the cured stuff will be smooth and provide the best smoke that strain is capable of producing.

One of the reasons these photo based contests are not the ideal way to judge this stuff, but obviously, photos are all we have to work with in this medium. ;)

Bottom line... Don't confuse STICKY with WET! :Namaste:

agreed

for your consideration this month i have my White Widow X Big Bud cross ,breeder =Female seeds, grown in my organic soil blend with BPN Farmers Pride organic 7 part line along with some various brewed tea's (worm castings,compost,azomite,etc) i had zero pests/problems with her she was easy and fun to grow, very aromatic(one stinky chick), very frosty and potent! the smoke is classic white widow with bigger yield due to the big bud influence, vegged for several months (she was a mother for a while and flowered for 8 weeks exactly harvested at approx 15% amber and yielded 5oz.
a nice social fun high,not very effective for pain (for me anyway) but a joy to grow and work with.beautiful and most definitly will be keeping her around for a long while and im likely to use her in several crosses .
this nug weighs 6 gm and was my favorite eye candy
Wwxbb_notm_OCt_1.jpg
Wwxbb_notm_Oct_2.jpg
WOW! That bud is magnificent!:goodjob:

Agreed!

Its called "proper" curing! ;)

You can't really tell how wet or dry a nug is by a photo anyway, cause a well cured bud, heck... even a quick dry, professionally done can often give the "appearance" of a fresh cut bud in a photo depending on the lighting etc. ;)

When you handle it, you can immediately tell the difference of course, as will anyone who smokes well cured bud as opposed to fresh cut, undried OR uncured. The latter will often taste like grass clippings, where as the cured stuff will be smooth and provide the best smoke that strain is capable of producing.

One of the reasons these photo based contests are not the ideal way to judge this stuff, but obviously, photos are all we have to work with in this medium. ;)

Bottom line... Don't confuse STICKY with WET! :Namaste:

Thank you.

oh i can get them to dry and look like fresh cut just by not letting them touch or rub up against anything i built a storage bin that holds them upside down so not a single pistil is disturbed, but then it fell and broke lol my nug is in its second week of cure now, they are starting to get that omfg good smell now ! i think all the nugs so far this month are mouthwatering!!

Ditto!

Mastering the curing process is truly what separates a good crop from a great crop in my humble opinion! :yummy:

I am also a big fan of using Humidipaks for keeping a batch of fully cured bud stable and at the optimum moisture level for the long haul. I've got some fully cured stuff here that has been stored with a Humidipak in the jar for going on 2 years! Just like a fine cigar, quality bud that has been properly cured gets better and better with age. My favorite "Go-To" stash is all stuff that was originally harvested back in 2010 and 2011.

Smooth as silk with awesome "nose" and flavor!!! :hookah:

oh i can get them to dry and look like fresh cut just by not letting them touch or rub up against anything i built a storage bin that holds them upside down so not a single pistil is disturbed, but then it fell and broke lol my nug is in its second week of cure now, they are starting to get that omfg good smell now ! i think all the nugs so far this month are mouthwatering!!

:rofl: And then it fell! That sounds like my luck brother!

:rofl: And then it fell! That sounds like my luck brother!

LOL! How did I miss that bit? :laughtwo:

Hell... Just blow off the dirt and cat hair and hang it back up! Thats what I always do! :partyboy:

Seriously... You end up cutting all that off when you do your final trim anyway, so don't worry. I've dropped more bud on the floor than I can count! As long as it happens before the curing trim, I never care! ;)

Here s some outdoor Pineapple Kush x The Purp
Great up lifting buzz, smokes real smooth and has a great purfumie smell when fresh that mellows out with a little of skunk smell.
I love cleaning the house on this shit, gives the energy I need to clean as I float around the house in lala land :thumb:
09210.JPG
012416.JPG

if i drop bud on the floor i have to pick it up very quick, if my pitbul notices me drop it then i have to be very quick in picking it up, he got the taste for the finer things in life, when i roll a joint he will get off his bed and jump on the sofa and sit as close as he can, even to the point where he puts his head on my lap so he can have a good smell, i never forget the time i took him for a walk, we walked past this bench and he sniffed it as usual, then he just sat down, i pulled and shouted at him but he just sat their, when i walked close he walked under the bench and by his nose was a bag of bud, some decent bud as well,

he not found none since though, or maybe he has and he now keeps it for himself as i never gave him none.

you know these humidi packs what is the best to use and where would i get these from, i have got some in boxes that my trainers come in, but im not sure on the rating of them, so is it these i use or are their special ones i need to buy to get it around the right humidity

if i drop bud on the floor i have to pick it up very quick, if my pitbul notices me drop it then i have to be very quick in picking it up, he got the taste for the finer things in life, when i roll a joint he will get off his bed and jump on the sofa and sit as close as he can, even to the point where he puts his head on my lap so he can have a good smell, i never forget the time i took him for a walk, we walked past this bench and he sniffed it as usual, then he just sat down, i pulled and shouted at him but he just sat their, when i walked close he walked under the bench and by his nose was a bag of bud, some decent bud as well,

he not found none since though, or maybe he has and he now keeps it for himself as i never gave him none.

you know these humidi packs what is the best to use and where would i get these from, i have got some in boxes that my trainers come in, but im not sure on the rating of them, so is it these i use or are their special ones i need to buy to get it around the right humidity

silica gel

go to humidi pac.com I think thats it or some cigar site:) you can get the 67% pac and it will keep your cured nugs for 6 months should they last that long.

go to humidi pac.com I think thats it or some cigar site:) you can get the 67% pac and it will keep your cured nugs for 6 months should they last that long.

I've got stuff that is going on 2 years old that I have kept viable with those smaller 72% packs! (A little bit larger in size than a restaurant sugar packet) The bud is still just as potent as it was after a 2 month cure, and the aroma is still nice and strong too! I had been using 2 of the the 72% versions per 1/2 gallon jar since the 67% ones are a bit too low RH to keep them feeling right to me without having to use more than two per jar.

FYI for anyone interested in trying these for themselves:
The company was recently purchased by another company and they changed the name to "Boveda". You are right in that these are primarily marketed towards cigar smokers for using in their humidors. I am one of those cigar smokers, so when I started growing my own stuff, I turned to these packets to see if they would work on my buds as well as they work with my cigars, and they did! :)

I recently bought some of the larger 75% ones to see if I can get away with using only one per half gallon jar instead of two of the smaller 72% ones. I haven't received that order yet, but I will post about it in my own journal when they arrive and I have a chance to see how they do with my 2012 harvests. I usually don't add these to any of my bud jars until the stuff has been curing for at least a month. It is about then that the natural moisture from the buds themselves drops to a point where you need something to keep them from drying out too much. :)

I've got stuff that is going on 2 years old that I have kept viable with those smaller 72% packs! (A little bit larger in size than a restaurant sugar packet) The bud is still just as potent as it was after a 2 month cure, and the aroma is still nice and strong too! I had been using 2 of the the 72% versions per 1/2 gallon jar since the 67% ones are a bit too low RH to keep them feeling right to me without having to use more than two per jar.

FYI for anyone interested in trying these for themselves:
The company was recently purchased by another company and they changed the name to "Boveda". You are right in that these are primarily marketed towards cigar smokers for using in their humidors. I am one of those cigar smokers, so when I started growing my own stuff, I turned to these packets to see if they would work on my buds as well as they work with my cigars, and they did! :)

I recently bought some of the larger 75% ones to see if I can get away with using only one per half gallon jar instead of two of the smaller 72% ones. I haven't received that order yet, but I will post about it in my own journal when they arrive and I have a chance to see how they do with my 2012 harvests. I usually don't add these to any of my bud jars until the stuff has been curing for at least a month. It is about then that the natural moisture from the buds themselves drops to a point where you need something to keep them from drying out too much. :)
As I understand, the Boveda packs both lower, and raise RH to 72%(or whatever % you buy from them) depending on what is needed. If RH is too low, or high, they adjust the humidity to 72%. Or that's what their site used to claim when I checked on them a few months ago.

wish my harvest was ready, i have glassy colas the size of a 2 litre coke bottle! next months entry.............

For me goldengoose has the best bud all day and night, cristally bud nicely trimmed. is that not what we looking for?

Hey man!

What a nice thing to say! :)

I of course agree with you 100% LOL! ;)

That bud of yours you are describing has me intrigued! You have any photos on a journal here somewhere? If so, how about posting a link or a journal page number? Even though you are not ready to enter it here, I would still be curious to check it out even if it is still a few weeks away from coming off the plant!

Thanks again for the compliment on my entry! I pride myself on growing the most premium bud possible and don't consider a grow a success unless I can trim them down this close and still have a sizeable nugget left when I'm done! ;)

As I understand, the Boveda packs both lower, and raise RH to 72%(or whatever % you buy from them) depending on what is needed. If RH is too low, or high, they adjust the humidity to 72%. Or that's what their site used to claim when I checked on them a few months ago.

You are correct sir, although I don't find them to be a perfect solution in all cases! ;)

The trick is figuring out which packet works best for the quantity you need to store. As I said, I have found the 67% ones to be a little too dry for the amount of bud I tend to store in each jar. I use the big 1/2 gallon jars and usually fill them about half to three quarters of the way up to the top. So far, two of the 72% packets seem to keep the bud at as close to perfect hydration as I consider appropriate.

I know that some folks like their bud drier than others and some prefer them to be a bit more moist. I go for a moisture level very similar to the level you would want to store a box of fine cigars. Dry enough that it burns well, but still moist enough that if you squeeze the bud on the edge for example, it stays squished in that spot for a few minutes and slowly returns to its original shape. If you tear off a piece, it tears in a way that just feels right.

I'm sure you guys know what I am referring to. Kind of hard to put into words though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom