Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Bassman59 - Kosher Kush

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Cola Monster - Blueberry x Cheese

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:bravo:

Wow, tons of beautiful entries this month!!! Great job everyone who entered there nugs, its going to be a very interesting contest with so many delicious nugs!!!! Awesome job everyone!

Hey man!

What a nice thing to say! :)

I of course agree with you 100% LOL! ;)

That bud of yours you are describing has me intrigued! You have any photos on a journal here somewhere? If so, how about posting a link or a journal page number? Even though you are not ready to enter it here, I would still be curious to check it out even if it is still a few weeks away from coming off the plant!

Thanks again for the compliment on my entry! I pride myself on growing the most premium bud possible and don't consider a grow a success unless I can trim them down this close and still have a sizeable nugget left when I'm done! ;)

i do have journals on here but not this plant. however i will get some pics up in next day or so. Its a sleestack skunk, first time ive grown this strain and what it doesnt have in side branches it more than makes up for in its 2 huge colas!

i have several of these rh packs, they came when i buy new trainers, would these be in the same range or would these keep it way to low, im interested in finding out how they stop the moisture get to low, seems a bit strange to me, ill need to look into it, if they dry them out to quick then it would be of no use, but if it keeps the rh at that level then this is something i want to try.

im also growing sleestack cross skunk, got mine free from herbies, im growing both of mine as 2ltr dwc grows, i dont think ill lolly pop them but i might change my mind after i see these pics, also i had a bud the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, its somewhere in my journal, it was the biggest bud i have had so far, it gave me just under an oz dry, i think it lost a lot of weight due to been grown in a dwc, i wonder if buds lose more weight when drying from a dwc grow, or dont it make no difference between dwc and soil,

Well I pulled the best nug and took a pic for all of yall.

Strain is Chemdog D. All organically grown. It smells really good, like a blueberry pie with a tiny hint of pine afterwards and hell ya thats a silver dollar by it ;)

09911.JPG
112105.JPG

i have several of these rh packs, they came when i buy new trainers, would these be in the same range or would these keep it way to low, im interested in finding out how they stop the moisture get to low, seems a bit strange to me, ill need to look into it, if they dry them out to quick then it would be of no use, but if it keeps the rh at that level then this is something i want to try.

im also growing sleestack cross skunk, got mine free from herbies, im growing both of mine as 2ltr dwc grows, i dont think ill lolly pop them but i might change my mind after i see these pics, also i had a bud the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, its somewhere in my journal, it was the biggest bud i have had so far, it gave me just under an oz dry, i think it lost a lot of weight due to been grown in a dwc, i wonder if buds lose more weight when drying from a dwc grow, or dont it make no difference between dwc and soil,

No no!!

Those are silica gel packs which do just the opposite of what you want here! Those are designed to remove moisture not stabilize it!

You can buy the Humidipak (Boveda) humidifier packs from cigar shops and online shops. You might want to check out "Cigarbid.com" or "Cigars International" Thats where I buy a lot of my smokes from, and I know that they carry the Humidipaks and now the new version under the name "Boveda".

Best price would be from the auction side (Cigarbid.com). I just checked and right now all they have on auction is the larger 75% version, which might be too big and too moist for a smaller jar of bud.

right thanks mate, so the silica gel packs are to keep things dry, so using these would dry it out quicker and stop the cure that we are looking for, so the humidipak is what i need to keep the bud stable at the right RH for the best cure,

thanks for clearing it up mate, i was going to go through all my boxes of trainers and start sticking some of them silica packs in the jars, that would not of been a good idea,

thanks mate ill check the site out, i dont have enough bud to worry about it to much yet, but things will improve and ill need to think more about the cure, plus i want to move all my bud to another location so the plants and the bud are seperate, gives me a safety net so to speak in case i ever need it,

My entry is a Greenhouse seeds A.M.S grown in DWC.

20121015_134627_1_.jpg

scale of size

20121015_134651_1_.jpg

Nice looking "COLA" you have there, but I thought this was a DRIED BUD contest? Quite a difference in appearance between a fresh clipped COLA and the same thing after it has been dried for a week. ;)

For example...

The GDP COLA that I've included a link to HERE and HERE isn't going to look quite the same as this after it has been hanging in my drying closet for a week or so.

I've asked for clarification from 420 Girl on this just to make sure "I" am understanding the rules of this contest. Maybe I just assumed that was the case because NUG is a term applied to smoke ready stuff, and COLA is a term applied to living or freshly chopped versions of the same thing.

No doubt that some of the folks who will be voting here are not growers, and may not be aware of the difference. I could be way off base here with my question, but I felt it had to be asked as we head into the start of the voting process. Especially considering that this is a PHOTO ONLY based contest. ;)

Guess we will find out later today. ;)

Not trying to make waves here, but if you can enter freshly clipped, undried colas into this contest, I might have submitted something other than the fully dried Harlequin "NUG" that I did enter. Apples and Oranges IMHO.

Cheers. :Namaste::peace:

yeah me too

im afraid thats the rules, it has to be dried and smokable so we can have a smoke report, i was told of this rule in the past when i entered my bud that was the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, i was told that it needs to be dried and ready to smoke, they may have changed the rules so we will need to wait and see what 420girls say,

im afraid thats the rules, it has to be dried and smokable so we can have a smoke report, i was told of this rule in the past when i entered my bud that was the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, i was told that it needs to be dried and ready to smoke, they may have changed the rules so we will need to wait and see what 420girls say,

Thanks for the additional info DP! I could have sworn that that was specifically mentioned in the rules for this contest in the past, but I can't be sure. Forgot about the SMOKE REPORT part! That would tend to suggest that this is a DRIED BUD only contest, but at this point, I definitely think that the rules need to be clarified since this isn't the only FRESH entry in here this month.

Perhaps they screen these out before they start the voting? Been so long since I entered a 420 contest, I have forgotten a lot of the finer details.

Thanks again for the input! I feel hopeful based on what you said. I wouldn't feel good about having to go up against fresh undried colas in a PHOTO ONLY "NUG" contest. ;)

No problem, i have no issue with removing my entry. i didnt realise it was only dried bud, i didnt read the rules. to be fair i realsied today was the 15th and just grabbed a nug off my dwc hempy. I'll be entering a beast in next months comp so no worries.

Cool! No worries mate! I never thought you were trying to pull a fast one or anything, but this did raise the issue of the need for clearer rules regarding what is considered a "NUG" and what isn't. I assume that any entries that do not meet the 420 staff's definition of a "NUG" will be filtered out of the contest before the voting process begins. :)

Based on your photo, you may want to enter that same plant into the "Plant of the Month" contest! I assume that you have more photos of that plant right? I think you have until midnight tonight to get your entry in! That contest is all about the overall look of a LIVING plant, and of course, an impressive cola like that would definitely impress those who will be voting! If I were you, I would seriously consider it! :thumb:

I'm planning to enter my GDP #2 plant which I linked to above next month. I wasn't sure if you could have entries in two of these contests at the same time or not, so I decided to wait till the November POTM to enter my GDP.

Cheers everyone! ;)

id wait and see what the 420girls say, they will clear it up either way,
here is a list of the rules, check out rule 5, nugs must be dry and ready to smoke,
Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, may disqualify the entry.

9. Any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) or cheating in any other form will result in a permanent disqualification from all future contests.

10. Prize packages are sent to legal MMJ states only.

Back
Top Bottom