420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Bloom - 6 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 8
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1
Number of fast waterings - 0
34 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 3 weeks, 2 days

Quick update tonight. The plants all look fantastic, but I have not been able to do the study that I wanted to do today. We received word that we have had a death in the family. Covid related, fine a couple of weeks ago, then hospitalized 6 days ago and today the heart gave out. No question, this thing will kill those who are compromised.

This probably means that I need to leave town and will probably be away from things for up to a week. I have my apprentices who can come in and help out, but there is a good chance that Ms. J, Dad and I will not be here. The grow will survive, but this journal may go strangely silent for a bit. Never fear, I will return as soon as I can... but again, I am not sure how long I will need to be away yet, if at all.

I had time to stop in and snap a few pictures and do this update, feed the fish and the dog, but this evening is already gone. So far, I am planning a regular day for tomorrow, but we will see. I hardly see how it will remain that way. Hopefully I will have a better update tomorrow. For now, I give you a shot of the room.

DSCF9950.JPG

Bloom - 6 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 8
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1
34 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 3 weeks, 2 days

Quick update tonight. The plants all look fantastic, but I have not been able to do the study that I wanted to do today. We received word that we have had a death in the family. Covid related, fine a couple of weeks ago, then hospitalized 6 days ago and today the heart gave out. No question, this thing will kill those who are compromised.

This probably means that I need to leave town and will probably be away from things for up to a week. I have my apprentices who can come in and help out, but there is a good chance that Ms. J, Dad and I will not be here. The grow will survive, but this journal may go strangely silent for a bit. Never fear, I will return as soon as I can... but again, I am not sure how long I will need to be away yet, if at all.

I had time to stop in and snap a few pictures and do this update, feed the fish and the dog, but this evening is already gone. So far, I am planning a regular day for tomorrow, but we will see. I hardly see how it will remain that way. Hopefully I will have a better update tomorrow. For now, I give you a shot of the room.

DSCF9950.JPG
Sorry for your loss Emilya. That sucks. Good luck with attending to the things you now have to - of course they're much more important than growing weed. Sending you and your family good vibes. And when you get back you will be that much closer to having to spend 17 days trimming all that bounty. Heh. :(:(:peace::peace::green_heart:

Sorry to hear of your loss, Emilya. :hug:

Sorry for your loss sweetie, my condolences.

We'll be here for you when you return :love::Namaste:
Thank you Rob.... I just don't know what is going to happen yet, but we are prepared for the worse. My helpers have been notified and they are willing to stop by once a day if necessary to keep things going, so the only thing that will be lacking would be me doing the analysis and the pictures. I will have a laptop with me, so I will still be able to have an online presence. At the moment, we are still here waiting for word. There will be an update this evening.

Bloom - 6 weeks, 2 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 9
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 2
35 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
Sorry, life has been a bit of a jumble and I guess I was worn out. I finished my work in the grow rooms, took my pictures and came downstairs to take a little nap after dinner, and that was it. Lights out for the Emmers... and they all let me sleep.
So now I give you last night's update, continuing our study on the backbuilding cuts and the subsequent results. Today in real time it is going to be watering day, and I will give you another update this evening. So far, everything is being handled without us showing up from out of town and we are probably just going to need to attend the funeral, giving us a 2 day travel time there and back. All should be good here, and I should be able to get all of the packages heading my way without a problem.

The girls have recovered very nicely from their forced drought and are looking vibrant and strong once again. The buds keep building but I still remain very skeptical that any of these are going to finish out in the 7-8 week timeframe... I am thinking more like 9-10 weeks... but we will see.

Here are the pictures

DSCF9952.JPG
DSCF9951.JPG
DSCF9953.JPG
DSCF9952.JPG
DSCF9958.JPG
DSCF9957.JPG

DSCF9956.JPG

DSCF9955.JPG

DSCF9954.JPG

DSCF9953.JPG

DSCF9954.JPG

I'm thinking 9 to 10 weeks as well. I think I have 3 sativa-leaners so that may be why.

Emilya, sorry to hear about your loss. Mine maxed out my cabinet height with some late light stress, but nothing that hurt the yield or organic quality. I chopped at 9 weeks from flip after 48 hours of darkness to start the chlorophyll decomposition. Trichomes were cloudy and a bit of amber. Testers are amazing so far and can couch lock if partaken all day…that with a bit of amber. Fantastic grow and informative updates as usual. Rest is healing. Cheers

Bloom - 6 weeks, 3 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 10
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 0
Number of fast waterings - 1
36 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

First a situation update. Things are being resolved without my help, probably to spare me, because they know how emotional I can get. I don't know when yet, but at some point in the near future I will be driving the old folks from here to the family plot out in central Illinois to attend the services where he will be laid next to the spot where I will eventually end up. That trip, with an overnight, will take the better part of 2 days, maybe 3. Thank you everyone for your kind and thoughtful words; it really means a lot to have friends who support you in times like these. Don't ever let anyone tell you that online friendships are not real... you all mean the world to me. :love:

So tonight, we have an update! Today was watering day, the first of the next series of fast waterings every 3 days. They were dry too, the hit of o2 this last time most definitely re-energized the roots. Each container was very near dry to the bone and they would have all been drooping a bit by morning if I had waited a 4th day.

I have pretty well made my point about the backbuilding, and we will revisit it again soon, and the ones that did get it and did not get it are pretty obvious at this point, even in group shots. Tonight we are going to instead look at the development of these buds and whether or not they are going to be done in 2 more weeks.

:hmmmm:I go both ways on this. It looks like there are 3 variations in my room and they all are developing their buds a little differently. One, and maybe two of those phenos could maybe convince me that they could be ready in two weeks... the pistils are mostly colored at this point but with a few white ones still very fertile looking at the top. I haven't yet examined the trichomes... that will be for another day... today we just look at the pistils.

There are a few of the plants that are snow white with few traces of colored pistils yet on the top buds, although some of the buds at the bottom of the canopy are starting to color up. There are two kinds of white topped plants at the moment, one simply has a lot of pure white pistils still shooting out all over the bud, while another version has finer pistils and lots of trichomes, giving it an almost white widow sort of look to it. It is probably going to take a close look at the trichomes to see where we are really at, and I need to segregate the room into groups of similar phenotype so I can better see what is going on... again, a chore for another day.

So tonight, a lot of pictures of buds trying to get done, and trying to illustrate the various phenos that I just described. Each day this picture changes just a little and somewhat dramatically at times. This last watering and the resulting upsurge in vigor seems to have really changed the way these buds look, in just two days.

DSCF9966.JPG
DSCF9965.JPG
DSCF9964.JPG
DSCF9963.JPG
DSCF9962.JPG
DSCF9961.JPG
DSCF9960.JPG
DSCF9959.JPG

Bloom - 6 weeks, 3 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 10
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 0
Number of fast waterings - 1
36 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 3 weeks, 4 days

First a situation update. Things are being resolved without my help, probably to spare me, because they know how emotional I can get. I don't know when yet, but at some point in the near future I will be driving the old folks from here to the family plot out in central Illinois to attend the services where he will be laid next to the spot where I will eventually end up. That trip, with an overnight, will take the better part of 2 days, maybe 3. Thank you everyone for your kind and thoughtful words; it really means a lot to have friends who support you in times like these. Don't ever let anyone tell you that online friendships are not real... you all mean the world to me. :love:

So tonight, we have an update! Today was watering day, the first of the next series of fast waterings every 3 days. They were dry too, the hit of o2 this last time most definitely re-energized the roots. Each container was very near dry to the bone and they would have all been drooping a bit by morning if I had waited a 4th day.

I have pretty well made my point about the backbuilding, and we will revisit it again soon, and the ones that did get it and did not get it are pretty obvious at this point, even in group shots. Tonight we are going to instead look at the development of these buds and whether or not they are going to be done in 2 more weeks.

:hmmmm:I go both ways on this. It looks like there are 3 variations in my room and they all are developing their buds a little differently. One, and maybe two of those phenos could maybe convince me that they could be ready in two weeks... the pistils are mostly colored at this point but with a few white ones still very fertile looking at the top. I haven't yet examined the trichomes... that will be for another day... today we just look at the pistils.

There are a few of the plants that are snow white with few traces of colored pistils yet on the top buds, although some of the buds at the bottom of the canopy are starting to color up. There are two kinds of white topped plants at the moment, one simply has a lot of pure white pistils still shooting out all over the bud, while another version has finer pistils and lots of trichomes, giving it an almost white widow sort of look to it. It is probably going to take a close look at the trichomes to see where we are really at, and I need to segregate the room into groups of similar phenotype so I can better see what is going on... again, a chore for another day.

So tonight, a lot of pictures of buds trying to get done, and trying to illustrate the various phenos that I just described. Each day this picture changes just a little and somewhat dramatically at times. This last watering and the resulting upsurge in vigor seems to have really changed the way these buds look, in just two days.

DSCF9966.JPG
DSCF9965.JPG
DSCF9964.JPG
DSCF9963.JPG
DSCF9962.JPG
DSCF9961.JPG
DSCF9960.JPG
DSCF9959.JPG
My new beans just sprouted. I'm gonna go back and read this journal from day 1 and try to follow except mine are autos hopefully.

Most of my friends are online. Besides my husband and my sisters, I have one friend in real life. I have friends that I've known online for 30 years but haven't met in person.

I actually worry about meeting people in person. I think I come across better online.

Sorry, life has been a bit of a jumble and I guess I was worn out. I finished my work in the grow rooms, took my pictures and came downstairs to take a little nap after dinner, and that was it. Lights out for the Emmers... and they all let me sleep.
So now I give you last night's update, continuing our study on the backbuilding cuts and the subsequent results. Today in real time it is going to be watering day, and I will give you another update this evening. So far, everything is being handled without us showing up from out of town and we are probably just going to need to attend the funeral, giving us a 2 day travel time there and back. All should be good here, and I should be able to get all of the packages heading my way without a problem.

The girls have recovered very nicely from their forced drought and are looking vibrant and strong once again. The buds keep building but I still remain very skeptical that any of these are going to finish out in the 7-8 week timeframe... I am thinking more like 9-10 weeks... but we will see.

Here are the pictures

DSCF9952.JPG
DSCF9951.JPG
DSCF9953.JPG
DSCF9952.JPG
DSCF9958.JPG
DSCF9957.JPG

DSCF9956.JPG

DSCF9955.JPG

DSCF9954.JPG

DSCF9953.JPG

DSCF9954.JPG
Again, that backcut is a thing of beauty. They are getting FAT and chunky!!!

Bloom - 6 weeks, 6 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 13
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 0
Number of fast waterings - 2
39 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 4 weeks, 0 days

Sorry about the lack of updates since Wednesday, and please forgive me, for it has been a trying time around here. I think everyone who needed to come over and hug me, cry with me and give me flowers or a card has done so. My brother was cremated so now we have no immediate need to have a hasty service at the gravesite and it sounds like everyone wants to put it off for a week or two so that family from all over the world can gather. I suspect it will happen right in the middle of harvest. I will let you all know.

The buds look great! This additional 3 days has allowed the buds to mature rapidly and now those that I felt were not anywhere close to harvest time last time I commented, are surprising me. Tomorrow is the 49th day and the beginning of the suggested harvest window of 49-56 days. It is starting to look like some of them may indeed make it to the end in another week and all of them are so close that I don't expect any to go 10 weeks anymore.

So today it was watering day and 1 day from the calendar indicated @GeoFlora Nutrients feeding day, so I had a decision to make. Did some of them need to be fed again?

I have decided that no, there is no need to feed this room again. It looks like the plants are well fed and not begging for additional nutrients as we have seen them do at the end of the 2 week period before. A few of the lower canopy leaves are being taken by the plant, and again we see the plant going for the stored P before anything else. A worry wart would think that they were having a P deficiency, but I see nothing of the sort when just a random leaf here and there is cannibalized and the problem is not moving up the trunk.

So lets end up with a bushel of bud pictures and you can tell me what you think about the impending end. I hope each and every one of you are having a wonderful Saturday... despite everything I am.

DSCF9982.JPG
DSCF9981.JPG
DSCF9980.JPG
DSCF9979.JPG
DSCF9978.JPG
DSCF9977.JPG
DSCF9976.JPG
DSCF9975.JPG
DSCF9974.JPG

DSCF9983.JPG

I am so sad to hear about your loss Em.

I’m sending you lots of love and strength vibes.

I believe there is beauty in grief. It is the rawest demonstration of your love. Well I think it is. It makes my heart happy to know you have so many people around you that can help you carry your heartbreak when the weight of it becomes too heavy.

You are very much loved my little Emmybird. Both online and off.

:love: :circle-of-love: :love::circle-of-love::love::circle-of-love::love:

Back
Top Bottom