A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05

Damn they look great. I’m about 8” from the KS3000 in my scrog at the closest point. Light is at 100%. The highest ppfd I can find is less than 1100. It’s virtually impossible to burn your buds with this light. I actually spoke to ViparSpectra’s Val about that exact concept and she said they considered many concepts but decided to make the KS series such that it maxes out around 1100 ppfd(in a 3x3 at least). Their focus was more on even coverage, and by maxing it where they do it’s almost the perfect light for those who are happy to flower at those numbers. Point of that dumb verbiage is - you’ll be fine on space I think. Having the driver outside the tent not only allows me to mount the light almost on the ceiling, it completely eliminates any heat concerns. Great job.

For now my driver is inside the tent because I'm looking for heat. I heat the closet to 70, and when the light is running, I'm about 4 degrees warmer in the tent. Once we get out of winter temps, I'll relocate it outside the tent. Having the long cord and the driver not mounted to the fixture definitely gives you the flexibility depending on your situation.

For now my driver is inside the tent because I'm looking for heat. I heat the closet to 70, and when the light is running, I'm about 4 degrees warmer in the tent. Once we get out of winter temps, I'll relocate it outside the tent. Having the long cord and the driver not mounted to the fixture definitely gives you the flexibility depending on your situation.
I have to admit it’s a bit amusing as we all watch each other push our plants to max the stretch without going too far. We’re all searching for that exact sweet spot every plant, right? Lol! Tent growing is an animal of its own.

I have to admit it’s a bit amusing as we all watch each other push our plants to max the stretch without going too far. We’re all searching for that exact sweet spot every plant, right? Lol! Tent growing is an animal of its own.
Yup, sweet spot or max spot, I think we're greedy buggers when it comes down to it Jon.

Yup, sweet spot or max spot, I think we're greedy buggers when it comes down to it Jon.

I call it Greedy Growers Syndrome - The Quest for Maximum Yields.

I prefer the phrase “we’re searching for maximum efficiency”….

Ie: yup - we’re greedy. :rofl:

I prefer the phrase “we’re searching for maximum efficiency”….

Ie: yup - we’re greedy. :rofl:

Call me the Gordon Gekko of weed. "Greed, for the lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit."

Day 55, day 19 post flip

They continue to stretch. If they fill in the internodal space with bud, these are gonna be some towering colas.

Day 58/Day 22 post flip.

The stretch seems to have slowed or maybe even stopped. The tall thin branches seem to be gaining girth rather than going upwards, especially the back left. Hopefully they're telling me they gotta bulk up to support a lot of flowers.

Just a thought.
Any option to put the psu and fan outside the tent.
Give you a few more inch might get away with higher setting on the light then.
Thats unless your already at full power.
Nice looking lady my bruce banner is alot like your lady.
My light was to high in early flower i feel as the other two are fine i kept the light closer.
Im also hoping to fill the graps but for me that means more nutes more light.
happy growing she looks a happy lady ;)

Just a thought.
Any option to put the psu and fan outside the tent.
Give you a few more inch might get away with higher setting on the light then.
Thats unless your already at full power.
Nice looking lady my bruce banner is alot like your lady.
My light was to high in early flower i feel as the other two are fine i kept the light closer.
Im also hoping to fill the graps but for me that means more nutes more light.
happy growing she looks a happy lady ;)

The driver and fan can be relocated if needed. @ViparSpectra gives you a lot of cord on the driver on the KS3000 so that you can externally mounting it. The light is at 100% and was at the recommended height, it's just a stretchy stain I guess. It's my 1st time growing it.

The driver and fan can be relocated if needed. @ViparSpectra gives you a lot of cord on the driver on the KS3000 so that you can externally mounting it. The light is at 100% and was at the recommended height, it's just a stretchy stain I guess. It's my 1st time growing it.
Ye i have my two PSU's out the tent on my 2500s , just thought you might not have the space.
Wow and her top buds seem to be dealing with how close they are well at 100%. must be in the 1000s ppfd wise
up there.Might well fill those gaps if she keeps liking it that much. :)

Day 58/Day 22 post flip.

The stretch seems to have slowed or maybe even stopped. The tall thin branches seem to be gaining girth rather than going upwards, especially the back left. Hopefully they're telling me they gotta bulk up to support a lot of flowers.

Good observation. I use stems as a reference for exactly this. When the stretch is done they stiffen considerably and get girthier. Lol.

You can go easily a third more of the distance further than the closest recommended with this light. 8” is no problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom