Another Poor Man's Grow!

Hello everyone! Today is day 13 of veg. and all but one of the ladies are doing very well. I guess she is the runt but anyway so far so good. As you will see in the pics, they are starting to show their different characteristics. I will be watching them very close in the next few weeks to find a mother. I will take a clone from each one until I test the final product from them all. The quickest and most potent growing lady will become my perpetual mother. The first clones will give me an extra harvest in between time while I carefully choose a mother. Now pics...
20140325_174440.jpg
20140325_174501.jpg
20140325_174513.jpg
20140325_174532.jpg
20140325_174543.jpg

Hello everyone! It's day 18 and the ladies are doing well for the most part. The runt has been transplanted to my AeroGarden 7 (see journal) and the clone is now under my new led light (starting journal soon). They are doing pretty good and some have a slight smell if you get really close. Now pics!:)
20140330_153753.jpg
20140330_153641.jpg
20140330_153705.jpg
20140330_153858.jpg
20140330_153817.jpg
20140330_153836.jpg

This is the one mother nature topped! :)
20140330_153718.jpg
:Namaste:

Hello fellow 420ers! :) Its day 21 of Veg. and the ladies are filling out very nice I just gave them a nice spray shower and they loved it. The clone is now back in the poor man's grow box due to me sending the led light back for a refund. Don't get me wrong, it worked well but I found out where to get an even better one for the same price I paid for this one. So yeah lol... Well here are some pics! :ganjamon:
20140402_162836.jpg
20140402_162905.jpg
20140402_162910.jpg
20140402_162916.jpg

and my favorite one! She is growing iner node leaves and 7 fingered leaves already!
20140402_162927.jpg
The two in the front might end up getting the boot to make room for clones.

Subbed up. Going to the first page to see what you got going for yourself.

Looks pretty good so far. My concern is since you are using a time released soil then you might want the additional nutrients of tap water. Tap water isnt ideal at all but in your grow I would use it for the calcium and magnesium. Just let the water sit out for 3 days prior to use so it loses it chlorine bond.

Looks pretty good so far. My concern is since you are using a time released soil then you might want the additional nutrients of tap water. Tap water isnt ideal at all but in your grow I would use it for the calcium and magnesium. Just let the water sit out for 3 days prior to use so it loses it chlorine bond.

Thanks for stopping by SmokerJoe! :) I will give the tap water a try. I have always used distilled water since I heard it was perfect ph and its always worked fine. I never knew tap water was ok to use but I will give it a go to see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the tip and enjoy the grow! :Namaste:

Yeah its just that tap water isnt preferred but the calcium and magnesium in the city water would be enough for those trace micro nutrients so you wont have that as a issue. If you let tap water sit open for 2 or 3 days it will dechlorinate. Ive been doing it that way for 6 or 7 grows now. Feel free to come look at my plants if you would like. I know more then most people about the gross crap in city water but you work with what you got. Of course I would prefer to have reverse osmosis but as of now that just isnt practical. You can call your local water and sanitation department to get a detailed listing of what is in thew city water or there may be a website for your city that has that information. If you call and they ask why you need to know(they shouldnt as everyone should want to know what they are "drinking") just say you want to know what you are watering your grass with or you want to know for your vegetable garden out back.

Just a heads up on tap water. I'm going through bad ph problems now from using a cheap meter. I just spent $120 on a professional tester and my tapwater comes out a 7.7, but after it sits for 24 hours to dechlorinate it is 8.5!

Just a heads up on tap water. I'm going through bad ph problems now from using a cheap meter. I just spent $120 on a professional tester and my tapwater comes out a 7.7, but after it sits for 24 hours to dechlorinate it is 8.5!

Thanks for the heads up! I don't want to deal with the ph problem. I think I will just stick with what I usually use (distilled). I have done many grows like this one and have always used distilled water and always got nice size sticky buds that smoke great!!! Although I do have those two runts I was talking about getting rid of. I could try it on them to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom