Lookin' great, Ase! Looking forward the bounce photo!
I will admit I made slightly more defol than you do and is required, but it paid some really nice results in my case :d

Lookin' great, Ase! Looking forward the bounce photo!
I will admit I made slightly more defol than you do and is required, but it paid some really nice results in my case :d

Oh this is just the first mini defoliation. Once they bounce back and start getting aggressive in growth I go nuts on them. I love that I don't get a lot of junk nugs and that my trimming is not so difficult in the end because of the defoliation and training.

By the way you are the first one I've seen use quadlining on that many plants. I'm really excited to see how they finish and what you think in the end.

Appreciate the invite but my specialty is not in design or art. I'll stick to growing under your guys' lights! Send me your best light and I'll show you art ;).

Just a # on the front and Quad Squad on the back. Where is Newty? She'd flip for one of these. I'd take one with your tagline too.
Id rock that. Make mine steelers colours ;)

The only bad thing is I wont have a even canoopy just cuz of the different strain phenos :/
I didnt prune any nodes yet, just tons of leaves, I think you do that after the initial stretch or I'm mistaken?

I’ve seen 20-30 light rooms running 6-7 different strains with multiple phenos and a very even canopy! Trust yourself with manipulating your plants to get what you’re looking for because it can be done!

Wow ase just read through from start to now and I must say what a great journal .
I've learned a lot and your a man of my own heart , a lot of your methods are really similar to mine training wise and defoliating and obviously medium COCO.
Really interested me the feed schedules Npk ratios I usually don't delve that deep i like to read the plants but obviously with a stricter feed regime the results speak for themselves .
Can't wait to see how the scrog turns out but somethings telling me it's wasted on you, I think you'd probably get the same results without it judging on what you've been producing.
Anyway can't believe I haven't been here sooner but better late than never I'll hang around for a bit if that's alright with you :thumb:

Kind regards bigbud

Day 37 Veg Tent A

12 hours later the plants get the next defoliation. Each plants innermost nodes all lose their fan leaves which is eight leaves total. The first defoliation I only took the 4 inner leaves on the 2nd node. I also take the 4 outer ones now with this defoliation. If the plant is big enough I go up to the 4th node and cut the inside fan leaf as well, just like I did with the first defoliation. On my next defoliation I will take the outside ones at the same node.

This pic shows the inner one being cut but you can still see the outer fan is in tact.

Now if I wasn’t using a screen and was on my normal time table I’d also remove the bottom branch of the 2nd node. I’ve just found with quadlining that it never gets to the canopy in my normal 6 week veg. These will go longer than normal for veg so I’m giving it a shot to make it this time and not cutting it off.

This picture makes me want to do a grow where I take 8-9 feminized plants or clones and veg them for a shorter than normal time and flip them. Final pots would be these littler ones but if I knew they were all female I’d be flipping today.
Symmetry

Awesome update Ase!

Love that bounce back:) I love seeing all those quads :D

Thanks Newty!

Newty has earned a spot at the #quadsquad councils table as she now has a 420magazine award! No longer an apprentice, you’ve earned the Jedi rank.

For those of you who don’t follow both of our journals (I can’t imagine there isn’t too many) Newty won Journal of the month this month. Congrats again!

Wow ase just read through from start to now and I must say what a great journal .
I've learned a lot and your a man of my own heart , a lot of your methods are really similar to mine training wise and defoliating and obviously medium COCO.
Really interested me the feed schedules Npk ratios I usually don't delve that deep i like to read the plants but obviously with a stricter feed regime the results speak for themselves .
Can't wait to see how the scrog turns out but somethings telling me it's wasted on you, I think you'd probably get the same results without it judging on what you've been producing.
Anyway can't believe I haven't been here sooner but better late than never I'll hang around for a bit if that's alright with you :thumb:

Kind regards bigbud

Hang around for as long as you want! I don’t get exact with those NPK ratios anymore at all. I haven’t written out and calculated my math in a couple grows. I just know I’m in the ballpark.

The scrog is more of a way to have fun with growing as I already know I could get the same results without it. However I’m hoping to make it look really cool. There is a picture in my head that I want to be able to take to show people how a nice scrog should look.

It’s always nice to see new faces stop in so glad to have you Big. Thanks for the kind words and if you have any questions just holla.

Ase have you heard from @DobeWan?

No. The last time it says he was on was April 12th. That’s a big bummer for me and I hope everything is ok. He absolutely dove right in to my methods and trusted everything I said without batting an eye. He had prize winning grows going too. To have it happen twice where he can’t show his finish is almost gut wrenching for me.

Honestly I don’t have a good feeling about it. He wasn’t the kind of person to not at least say bye if he was leaving. If he had problems he was always open about them. Hopefully he comes back at some point and says that everything is ok but it just doesn’t make sense.

Thanks for the nod Ase:) I remember when we met and I think I was transplanting BB (first #skinnybitch) she was in a #mudmix of coco and compost. She was 6 weeks into flower. I had no fucking clue what I was doing. You didn’t scold or judge me, you took me under your wing and I sucked up everything you offered for free! Your a solid guy and truly a great friend to me now.

#weedbesties

Also I really miss Dobe

Hang around for as long as you want! I don’t get exact with those NPK ratios anymore at all. I haven’t written out and calculated my math in a couple grows. I just know I’m in the ballpark.

The scrog is more of a way to have fun with growing as I already know I could get the same results without it. However I’m hoping to make it look really cool. There is a picture in my head that I want to be able to take to show people how a nice scrog should look.

It’s always nice to see new faces stop in so glad to have you Big. Thanks for the kind words and if you have any questions just holla.
Will do ase:thumb:just remind me not to enter plant of the month when you unshackle that scrog monster lol

Edit: I firstly asked you, wtf bro how I can even the canopy when the plants have such a big difference in height.
Then I had a vision, bro. You did it! I figured out I can just lift the pots on another pot, gg wp.
Thank you! :d

Edit: I firstly asked you, wtf bro how I can even the canopy when the plants have such a big difference in height.
Then I had a vision, bro. You did it! I figured out I can just lift the pots on another pot, gg wp.
Thank you! :d

Yup, just no cardboard. Right @newty ?

Back
Top Bottom