Day 54 ATFs

As promised I am back with the bounce back pictures. Today I got rid of the 3 males and the 3 male clones. I moved the bonsai and the other clones into the scrog tent and I will continue to grow them there for as long as there is light coming from the canopy, which isn't long. From here until flip I will likely train these every day. This does allow me to turn off one whole tent and I think it is due for a deep clean. I will start seeds tomorrow for the next multistrain grow.

Also I got some nugshots.

White Rhino
Chemdawg
Purple Envy
Super Iced Grapefruit

The bounce back.

basil...it's hard growing basil from seed. the seeds are microscopic.
Don't bury basil seeds. Just sprinkle them on top of the soil. The germination rate will be 10x higher by sprinkling as opposed to burying them in the ground.

If I could make everything from scratch I think I would! I think after the winemaking I am going to attempt some whiskey. That is really my next project. I make a raspberry Hefeweizen every year that I will be using about half the raspberries I get for.

I've decided that I think I am going to go with starters in my outdoor garden instead of from seed. It might cost a bit more initially but at least you know they are solid and takes like the first month or so out of the picture. Growing veggies and fruits is much harder than growing cannabis for me. I have my tents area dialed for the most part. Oregon weather can be crazy at the drop of a hat. Much more of a challenge to me.
I start most of my stuff inside for better success rates. A few things I direct sow (Peas, carrots, taters, and beets). Most of the rest I start inside in Bushdoctor Coco-Loco. I start the tomatoes, the squash, cucumbers, and peppers inside and I have much better success rates.

What do you amend your soil with Ase?

Day 53 ATFs - Harvest Update (Final Numbers)

Since I know Newty is going to ask, I will get some nugshots up on the next update. Quite frankly I am exhausted and as I sit here I just plain don't want to move. The yield of this round of girls was the smallest I've ever had for 4 plants but not by much. I could kind of tell that was going to be the case. I think I stressed them out at the wrong time by moving them from one tent into the other. I really wanted to rock this scrog with my Mars Hydro 144s though so it was necessary. I also think the lights were too close at times, stunting them a bit. They never showed signs of light burn or heat stress but it was probably on the verge. Anyways onto the final numbers!

White Rhino - 61g
Chemdawg - 72g
Purple Envy - 80g
Super Iced Grapefruit - 102g

The final tally was 315g. I'd like to hit 3oz a plant so I was a bit disappointed in the number but the quality of the stuff makes up for it. The smells are outrageously strong on all of them and there are just crystals everywhere. I'm really anxious to see what they will smell like after the cure and I am looking forward to that Chemdawg. If it is anywhere near as good as last time I'll have a great summer. It looks and smells better than last time so I'm hopeful.

My day started out with watching the Germany vs Mexico game this morning and then got in a round of disc golf. Came home and washed out the 12 - 3 gallon pots of used coco I had saved up. I was lazy and didn't do them and it's way easier to reuse the coco after they are dry as a bone. The roots really shrink up and it's easier to get the coco out. I must admit I didn't get as much of the roots out as I wanted this time. I just didn't have the time but they will decompose and turn into nitrogen if there is anything left so no big deal. I also didn't wash them with a 1-1-1 NPK solution. Instead I washed them with water and then basically flushed them with really big feed. Moral of the story is I took shortcuts and I totally expect stress problems because of it. I'm just hoping my experience can help combat them and hopefully they don't miss too much of a beat.

I was a klutz a few days ago and stepped on my net and broke it so it had to be cut down a bit and totally restrung again. Basically starting over from scratch. After it got all put back together I hung it and did my training. Grabbed the dry plants from the last round and dry trimmed all 4 of them. Luckily I take a lot off when I do my first trim, so this final one in quicker, but it still takes time and kills my back. I'm just glad it's over and I won't have to do any trimming until September as I have nothing in flower right now.

The males are in the other tent I have. I will start a new batch of seeds for my multi strain grow tomorrow. Until then I am just making sure on the males. Clones are still chugging along and the cubes were a bit dry today so I watered them with a low nutrient solution and root enhancers. Not even sure why I am keeping them around at this point but I have a friend who wants them so maybe I'll finish them for him. Bonsai in the back just chillin.
This is the before picture of the female tent.
The good news of the day is I found hairs on all of the remaining 5 girls! I am hoping to see more hairs in the future days just to get reassurance but it was good enough for me to put the net on! I've been waiting for this for a while. The girls all got trained on the net. I took all of the stakes out of them so they are just pushing against the net now. I did some super cropping and I will be sure to post a bounce back update tomorrow. The middle girl is a bit smaller than the other 4 so she went in the middle to get the best light. I also won't be training her out much in hopes to keep an even canopy. The net and everything turned out awesome but I remembered already why I don't do this without an autofeed system. With the way I like to train low, it is so hard to feed these girls. Need to get out my beer bong again for this one.

I also don't think I will keep them in veg too much longer. The roots were pretty root bound but they will explore their new homes. Their new homes are 5 gallon pots as well! I thought I was only going to have 4 so I had it in my head to do 5 gallon pots to really fill out the net. Totally forgot about that once I had 5 and by the time I realized it, I had already done 3 of the transplants. 3 gallon would have been best for 5 girls but this net should really be full now. I'd say it's already 2/3rds full so flip day will be soon as long as they didn't get too stressed out due to the transplant.
Just one harvest of raspberries and I'll be right back out there getting about the same next weekend.
Awesome news on the 5 girls. I am happy for you brother. Should really be able to fill out that SCROG nicely with 5 of them! Waiting for the show to start!! :popcorn::welldone:

Haven't tried that. I have grown a few types.....italian basil, sweet basil, and one other kind....can't remember. We don't grow a ton or actual herbs (aside from cannabis).....mostly rosemary, Thyme, oregano, and basil.

The best basil I’ve grown! It’s cinnamon basil

Nice looking basil for sure! Basil is one of my favorites to grow because I use it a lot in cooking and I love the smell of it.

I start most of my stuff inside for better success rates. A few things I direct sow (Peas, carrots, taters, and beets). Most of the rest I start inside in Bushdoctor Coco-Loco. I start the tomatoes, the squash, cucumbers, and peppers inside and I have much better success rates.

What do you amend your soil with Ase?

I started all my lettuces and broccoli and tomatoes inside this year and used a little of the soil that I use in my girlfriends grows for all the starters. I think it's Kings Mix Royal Gold. In the actual garden bed its a combination of cheap miracle grow, compost and just soil. I'f be doing things much different if this was my own house but since it's not and I'll likely be moving in the next year or so, I didn't splurge on making incredible soil. I've also been dumping all my drain to waste nutrient buckets in the soil since last year too. I built them last year but never got around to actually growing anything. I also dumped my perlite in there for fun as I don't use it in my grows and I figured it might help a little with my really dense soil.

Awesome news on the 5 girls. I am happy for you brother. Should really be able to fill out that SCROG nicely with 5 of them! Waiting for the show to start!! :popcorn::welldone:

Only 3 days so far with the net on. Already getting pretty packed in here. Once the middle plant goes one more square out and the outer plants go one more square out this thing will be almost ready to flip. All budsights showing signs of fresh green so the transplant didn't take too much of a toll on them and neither did the net training. Pretty happy camper!

Just a quick shot before training today.

Day 58 ATFs

I will be going on a trip for a few days next week so I decided that I won't be starting any beans until I get back from that. I also need to be around during stretch to keep training the ATFs so I won't be flipping until next Sunday night. Should be about the right amount of time to completely fill the net.

All of the plants got a big defoliation last night. Over the weekend I will continue to pluck leaves and try and keep pulling stuff that I know won't even get to the net. After stretch I will completely remove everything from under the net so it is bare. Until then I'll just let them keep growing and spreading them out.

Back
Top Bottom