Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Your not feeding nutes are you?

She looks okay apart from the leaves curling, only water her when the top 1/4 is dry.
Top 1/4 Ok then I'm almost positive she's just overwaterred... I have been using like 1/4 strength nutes for seedlings, I think (250 ppm). AN sensi grow for coco a and B. I was advised by another reputable member to always use some nutes. And that not doing so it will disrupt cations in the coco.

That was just before watering... again I have been thinking it's over watering. I will flush with 150 ppm cal mag extra only in distilled water today when cup lightens in weight. Thank you for your insight!
Here's a pic right after I watered
420-magazine-mobile1959135193.jpg

This is them now
420-magazine-mobile1952640374.jpg

In coco you don't need to worry about over watering. The only thing you need to really keep in check is making sure your ph is in check and your ppms arnt too crazy. crazy being 2000 or something like that. And make sure your nutrient program has enough calmag and iron in it or your using a supplement.

you shouldnt be feeding any nutes till around the 2-3rd week.

Dont flush her she should sort her self out, what lights ect are you using?
Just started them all under 85 watts of cfls. I'm going to only feed the cal mag at 150 ppm, as I am certain I am supposed to. You would be the first person so far to tell me otherwise.

She is like 2 weeks old her growth should be much more by now. Also her main stem is purple-ish if this is any indication of problems. I read usually from overwatering.

Lastly I have a small 130watt LED (more to add by the grows end) should she go under with the veg switch on?

Just started them all under 85 watts of cfls. I'm going to only feed the cal mag at 150 ppm, as I am certain I am supposed to. You would be the first person so far to tell me otherwise.

She is like 2 weeks old her growth should be much more by now. Also her main stem is purple-ish if this is any indication of problems. I read usually from overwatering.

Lastly I have a small 130watt LED (more to add by the grows end) should she go under with the veg switch on?
Under watering will cause that too. For seedlings you want to give them 200 to 400 ppm of nutrient solution because coco doesn't have anything in it except potassium. What's your ph at when you feed them?

I never feed my plants cal mag unless there maby products with it in, i give my plants at week 2-3 canna a+b at 15ML of each.

Only water your plants enough that it will need another watering the next day, dont over water or your chance to get root damage.

If you are using calmag like you say, start them of very low.

You could put them under but at a height, i was putting my seedlings and cuttings straight under a 340w cfl and always got great results, if your wanting shorter nodes ie to keep the plant canopy low, you could always run your plants 24/0 for 2 weeks, i run them my seedlings at 18/6 the first week there popped above soil the 24.

you shouldnt be feeding any nutes till around the 2-3rd week.

Dont flush her she should sort her self out, what lights ect are you using?
No feeding nutes in coco for 2-3 weeks? U sure??
I'm in my second week and up to half strength of the recommended. I'm a noob and it's my first grow. But I was told to start early with the nutes I'm coco.

Top 1/4 Ok then I'm almost positive she's just overwaterred... I have been using like 1/4 strength nutes for seedlings, I think (250 ppm). AN sensi grow for coco a and B. I was advised by another reputable member to always use some nutes. And that not doing so it will disrupt cations in the coco.
How is the drainage on ur solo cups? Ur in straight coco right. My memory isn't the best

There's like 15% perlite in my coco. 4 drainage holes on bottom 4 around the side of cup 1/2 inch from bottom or less

There's like 15% perlite in my coco. 4 drainage holes on bottom 4 around the side of cup 1/2 inch from bottom or less
Hmmm sounds like u have too drainage. I'm just wondering about this over watering theory. Everyone says u can't overwater coco. The coco itself when fully saturated still has 30%air or something along those lines so the perlite u added should help the air and drainage not hinder. I just hope the new babies don't end up like the last.

Did you flush the Coco and perlite, I don't grow in Coco but I read we're you're suppose to flush out Coco and some perlite contain nutes also, just a thought.✌️

Oh yeah took me an hour maybe 2 to rise 1 bag perlite and 2 or 3 gallons of coco. I was a little OCD about it :)

Did you flush the Coco and perlite, I don't grow in Coco but I read we're you're suppose to flush out Coco and some perlite contain nutes also, just a thought.✌️
I heard or read something like that too. Not sure if it was about the coco bricks/blocks only. Or for all coco. I didn't use the bricks. I just bought a bag of it just like a bag of soil.

Hmmm sounds like u have too drainage. I'm just wondering about this over watering theory. Everyone says u can't overwater coco. The coco itself when fully saturated still has 30%air or something along those lines so the perlite u added should help the air and drainage not hinder. I just hope the new babies don't end up like the last.
As long as you have good drainage holes, over watering coco is very hard. When I transplant my seeds from the peat pellets I drench the coco and have never over watered. I have had my cups dry out on me and that was a bit nerve racking but never overwatered. I just drenched it again and everything was ok. You can over water coco if you don't have good drainage. People who do flood and drain with coco flood the tables 2 or more times a day with seedlings.

Ive been having to REALLLLY restrain myself with the watering. But Gloria isn't drooping at all leafs are growing straight out and perky. And after hours of reading the other day I found out you can over water but only when they are very young. I'm going to get a humidity gauge tonight. I'm worried it may be too high. I know temps are money, it's been awful humid though outside and that can have a huge effect on how much and how often to water.

Ive been having to REALLLLY restrain myself with the watering. But Gloria isn't drooping at all leafs are growing straight out and perky. And after hours of reading the other day I found out you can over water but only when they are very young. I'm going to get a humidity gauge tonight. I'm worried it may be too high. I know temps are money, it's been awful humid though outside and that can have a huge effect on how much and how often to water.
Sometimes mother nature isn't on our side that's for sure.

I heard if you message the admins they can alter for you. I'm on my phone and if I click the post it turns blue. Then upper right is a pencil looking icon and it allows you to edit, as well as an option to add why you edited said post :)
Hope that helps swag, haven't tries it on my original post and idk if the title can be edited w.o contacting admin

Dabber
Is there a way to edit posts. I need to correct a few things in my opening post of my journal. Only made a few changes but they must be noted without having to go thru every post in there.

Back
Top Bottom