Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Use an ec metwr to check your run off. But i never ever check run off, i havemt for 3 dyears or more. Only time i would checknrun off would be if i maybe had a problem with plants.

I dont grow in soil and havent for years so there arw more experienced than i when it comes to giving advise on soil grows but i will give you my tjoughts anyway.

Firstly be careful that you dont flush too hard and get bud rot. If you drown your plants all that water will stay in the pots and bump up humidity significantly. If you have any dense buds it could cause bud rot and you def dont wsnt that.

Use your eyes to look atbthe plants and they will tell you uf they are clean. The leaves will have softened from green to yellow all over the plant, not just at the bottoms of plants this shows the plant has used up its stored resources. It means its not taking nutes up from the media either. The leaves ahouldnt be rusty or crunchy.

Sometimes its necessary to blast the medium with plain water but if your nute mix was correct you can just trànsition to plain water for 7-10 days. First flush with around 20% run off then i have no run off or very little and just water daily.

I used to blast with water and check run off and sometimes it would take 40litres or more through a 12litre pot to get the run off reading whatbit went in at, doing this to rooms with 40+ plants is tedious and always resulted in budrot.

Wow! Thanks Cultivator that really makes alot of sense i really apriciate that advice maybe now im leaning more towards just flushing with about 5 gallons next flush. I will let the dirt dry out completely then do the flush what do you think about that? Another question do you think I should continue using the A.N. flawless finish with the flushing with a low dosage? I'd really like to know your opinion thanks!

Do you know of an affordable way to check how much nutrients are in the runoff water? I seen cheep test kits I'm not sure if they work. I use the general hydroponics cheap ph test just add 3-4 drops of the liquid into a sample of the water and it shows the color it should be for the correct ph.
I know quality equipment like a truncheon to measure EC and PPM and a PH tester are expensive...... but take my advice and buy a good one once. These get used daily and WILL make a difference to your girls.

I will buy a quality meter i will look into that truncheon for sure I just don't have the funds right now so was looking for an emergency way even if it's not that accurate. I might end up just going by the look of the water and flush about 2-3 more times. Thank you for the advice!

I will buy a quality meter i will look into that truncheon for sure I just don't have the funds right now so was looking for an emergency way even if it's not that accurate. I might end up just going by the look of the water and flush about 2-3 more times. Thank you for the advice!
You can buy a cheapo meter online for under $50, that will work for you. I paid under $20 for my current meter, and I've had it for over 1 yr. now. I know folks with quality meters and my cheapo, measure's same numbers as his, every time. Piss's him off !! I was growing in that nasty FF Ocean forest soil, till I met Cultivator & he introduced me to coco coir, and it was the best thing that's happened to me. If you ever want to try a coco grow, Cultivator is the man to learn from !! I don't think I'll ever go back to FFOF, or any other media. I've been at it for a little over 1 yr., and I'm getting it dialed in now. Thanks Cult !!:morenutes:

Wow! Thanks Cultivator that really makes alot of sense i really apriciate that advice maybe now im leaning more towards just flushing with about 5 gallons next flush. I will let the dirt dry out completely then do the flush what do you think about that? Another question do you think I should continue using the A.N. flawless finish with the flushing with a low dosage? I'd really like to know your opinion thanks!

If using a flush solutjon i would ise it once or twice then go plain water.

from my understanding yes let me see if i have some info i just found on ph down that is less harsh then the ph down chemicals , earth crytals are suppose to work wonders. see what i find but i'm sure you can use it test it in a cup aside see how much it takes to lower to find ratio...

I'm using vinegar to lower ph is that ok

420-magazine-mobile174789357.jpg

I'm using vinegar to lower ph is that ok

personally, i have been using vinegar to reduce ph for as long as i have been growing, weed

three years or more perhaps, so,, my thumbs are both pointing up for ya friend,, cheers

Good afternoon everyone, id like to pick peoples brains on how they dry, iv always hung dried my bud but iv just bought a drying rack.

I have some amazing buds that have swelled so much there the most dense buds iv grown and im thinking if i place them on the rack will they flatten on each side as i move them or because there so dense will this not affect them?

Going for the quality look i no i shouldnt but i eventually want to upload some nice bud shots with my new camera.

420-magazine-mobile309336261.jpg
420-magazine-mobile216454784.jpg
no bugs that I can see. One plant on the bottom left shows no spots on the leaves just nuit burn on the tips. I've ran Cal./mag for a few weeks now...pH is perfect. Run off pH is 6.7 my ppm with the nuits is where it should be... Not sure third grow this happened.

Good afternoon everyone, id like to pick peoples brains on how they dry, iv always hung dried my bud but iv just bought a drying rack.

I have some amazing buds that have swelled so much there the most dense buds iv grown and im thinking if i place them on the rack will they flatten on each side as i move them or because there so dense will this not affect them?

Going for the quality look i no i shouldnt but i eventually want to upload some nice bud shots with my new camera.

I used drying racks for.years and i would only use now in an urgent situation. Hanging is way better as buds dry more evenly and hokd their shape. The racks dry out weed too fast and can make it brittle and ctispy. Theybare handy if younhave hung yoir stick to dry then cut buds for final day or 2 on racks butbyou dont want yo be touching and moving them around as the mesh acts as a grater almost.

Back
Top Bottom