Aurora Indica Feminized - LED - Soil - 4x4 - Grow I

Day 62 Flower - Happy Labor Day! My humidity has been a little higher than I would like at 55% but it will decrease as the plant uses some of this moisture up. One day of rain tomorrow and then a little bump in the temperature for weather so should finish about the right temperature for my girls. Crazy to think 4 months of work and only one week left! There is a lot of fresh white hairs popping out all over the place and fresh bud following. They look ready for a strong last push.

First of all the Trichs - I really thought I'd see a little more amber by now. Still basically not much has changed at all over the last two days. Thats ok! I'm down to wait as long as these things want to go. As they dry out a little bit in a couple days I expect to see the amber a little more noticeably.
image16888.jpeg

A different look from the back of the tent. These back girls always get blocked by the front ones so it's a different look to not see the same old boring angles :)
image16884.jpeg

Here is another different look! I actually like the way the canopy looks with the net. I got a pretty good canopy. I could have trimmed a littler higher up initially but now I know for grow #2.
image16887.jpeg

Both of the buds come off the same branch. The one on the left is the largest looking of the whole tent. About a week ago I noticed that the one next to it just looks like a big ball. I saw leaves coming out the top and thought it was really strange. It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized the top bent. Oops! It looks like it doesn't mind though and might make for a pretty cool nug when dry.
image16886.jpeg

:goodjob:
Day 62 Flower - Happy Labor Day! My humidity has been a little higher than I would like at 55% but it will decrease as the plant uses some of this moisture up. One day of rain tomorrow and then a little bump in the temperature for weather so should finish about the right temperature for my girls. Crazy to think 4 months of work and only one week left! There is a lot of fresh white hairs popping out all over the place and fresh bud following. They look ready for a strong last push.

First of all the Trichs - I really thought I'd see a little more amber by now. Still basically not much has changed at all over the last two days. Thats ok! I'm down to wait as long as these things want to go. As they dry out a little bit in a couple days I expect to see the amber a little more noticeably.
image16888.jpeg

A different look from the back of the tent. These back girls always get blocked by the front ones so it's a different look to not see the same old boring angles :)
image16884.jpeg

Here is another different look! I actually like the way the canopy looks with the net. I got a pretty good canopy. I could have trimmed a littler higher up initially but now I know for grow #2.
image16887.jpeg

Both of the buds come off the same branch. The one on the left is the largest looking of the whole tent. About a week ago I noticed that the one next to it just looks like a big ball. I saw leaves coming out the top and thought it was really strange. It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized the top bent. Oops! It looks like it doesn't mind though and might make for a pretty cool nug when dry.
image16886.jpeg

Hey Asesino! Had to do a little catching up but man was it was worth it. Your girls made my jaw drop haha. My AI are quite a bit behind yours (still in veg) but seeing your grow progress has given me some peace of mind. If you can do it, and if follow your lead, hopefully I will have buds as big as yours. Excited to see the harvest!

Appreciate the kind words. I've done a lot of educated guessing but I think I did pretty good all around. I used TheBlaze's journal and was constantly looking at his pictures and comparing them with mine depending on the day. Probably not a great idea since his strains are different and that does make a big difference but the concepts are all pretty similar. He also has more experience than I do but it sure gave me something to strive for! I have no experience so people should be able to do better. I hope that someone is you! The final weigh in will be a true test but these are so frosty! Quality>Quantity was my goal but I'm hoping now for both.

I've also never added to or filtered a picture as I wanted everyone that might use this for help to see what they really look like. I've seen a lot of failed AI grows but hopefully if you follow suit you will be rewarded as well. Good luck and if you have any questions, no matter how dumb you think they might be, please PM me or write on this journal. I feel pretty comfortable helping with this strain now. Doing a multi strain grow for #2 so I'll see if I can handle 4 different strains this time instead of 1!

I think telling another grower that you are going to use his/her journal as a guide is one of the biggest compliments you can receive so I do really appreciate it!

Fuck nah bro your grow is the bomb. Thinking I might actually have underguessed the yield.. your grow probably is going to make my grow look like fiddlesticks but i'll still try. No ventilation, but it's in the basement and we have cold winters probably fans blowing fresh air into the room and heat can be on. so i hope it works! ^^

Just a couple grams but this is what they look like up close. These were pulled 4 days ago to my knowledge. Pretty similar smoke report as the others except the high seemed a little cleaner. The smell is ripening in the tent and I'm sure the flavor will start to be noticeable if I dry a little more soon. Also these aren't properly cured so that is a factor as well. Sure are pretty though!
420-magazine-mobile587754894.jpg

Day 64 Flower - I know I said I wasn't going to water again but the middle one was a lot drier than the other 4 so I gave it one last half gallon of water. They should all dry out at about the same time now. I ran a heater for a bit in the room my tent is in to lower the humidity and it got it back into the 40s. The plants are starting to use up the nutrients in the fan leaves and they are turning yellow. Harvest is getting so close!

Not the best angle but view of the leaves from above
image16972.jpeg

Appreciate the kind words. I've done a lot of educated guessing but I think I did pretty good all around. I used TheBlaze's journal and was constantly looking at his pictures and comparing them with mine depending on the day. Probably not a great idea since his strains are different and that does make a big difference but the concepts are all pretty similar. He also has more experience than I do but it sure gave me something to strive for! I have no experience so people should be able to do better. I hope that someone is you! The final weigh in will be a true test but these are so frosty! Quality>Quantity was my goal but I'm hoping now for both.

I've also never added to or filtered a picture as I wanted everyone that might use this for help to see what they really look like. I've seen a lot of failed AI grows but hopefully if you follow suit you will be rewarded as well. Good luck and if you have any questions, no matter how dumb you think they might be, please PM me or write on this journal. I feel pretty comfortable helping with this strain now. Doing a multi strain grow for #2 so I'll see if I can handle 4 different strains this time instead of 1!

I think telling another grower that you are going to use his/her journal as a guide is one of the biggest compliments you can receive so I do really appreciate it!

First time hearing of TheBlaze. Will definitely check out his work. Thanks for the tip bud. I would be super lucky to get half the harvest you have but only time will tell haha. I have never seen cannabis frost in person yet. Quite excited for the flower cycle. You're getting me pumped. Appreciate the sense of community your throwing down. If I have questions I'll shoot you a pm. Cheers.

Glad I found your journal! Helps knowing what your AI look like at day 60 to give me a reference point for my AI. I have two questions. Firstly. What fans you are using in your tent? Second. I'm probably just being a little paranoid before I commence the flower cycle, but I sometimes worry smells could get out somehow. Do you have any isses with your plants dankness at day 60 in flower?

Keep up the savvy work man. Looks great.

First time hearing of TheBlaze. Will definitely check out his work. Thanks for the tip bud. I would be super lucky to get half the harvest you have but only time will tell haha. I have never seen cannabis frost in person yet. Quite excited for the flower cycle. You're getting me pumped. Appreciate the sense of community your throwing down. If I have questions I'll shoot you a pm. Cheers.

Glad I found your journal! Helps knowing what your AI look like at day 60 to give me a reference point for my AI. I have two questions. Firstly. What fans you are using in your tent? Second. I'm probably just being a little paranoid before I commence the flower cycle, but I sometimes worry smells could get out somehow. Do you have any isses with your plants dankness at day 60 in flower?

Keep up the savvy work man. Looks great.

You should be pumped! Anything you can do that is homemade that ends up better than stuff you can get retail (at a much cheaper cost) is always something to be proud of. Whether it's cooking, growing or being an artist of any sort you should always be proud of something you made from your own hands!

The fans I use are both Holmes Lil' Blizzard 8-Inch Oscillating Table Fan. I have them suspended in the opposite corners of the tent so I can adjust them up and down as the plants grow. They have a low and a high setting and they have been on low the whole time.

I can only really smell the plants when I open the tent. The carbon filter does a wonderful job. I can be in the room my tent is in and I still can't smell anything. My focus when I bought this equipment was to make it not smell and have no external exhaust to the outside. It worked 100% as planned.

Day 66 Flower - These girls are starting to finish and it's fun to watch. I'm pretty sure I will be chopping one down in 2 days. It is has more milky trichs than the others. There is still so much clear to me. The middle plant is using everything the fan leaves have left in them. The other 3 (other than the scraggly one) are still pretty green.

I wish I would have realized this yesterday but the weather is in the 80s and I forgot that I turned my central fan unit for the house off so we just had heat going during the cold spell. If that is on the upstairs gets really cold. On the flip side when it's hot the cool air makes the house nice by bringing up the cooler air. This should really help bring my humidity down over the next couple days as well. I flipped it back on and within an hour humidity was back to the high 40s instead of low 50s. Over the next few hours this should get back into the low 40s.

I should have a lot of time this weekend so I might be pulling down more than just the one but I will see what they all look like in 2 more days. This is a heavy indica so I won't mind if there is some amber and a lot of milky. Over the next 2 days I expect the humidity to drop and the soil is getting fairly dry in all the pots. I smoked a little bit of the stuff I pulled about a week ago that I let kind of cure in a small bottle. It was so much better smelling and tasting. That was exciting. Let's hope for an awesome last couple (or few) days!

Most of the plants look like this:
image17059.jpeg

Milkier one
image17060.jpeg

Family photo from a different angle
image17058.jpeg

Definitely agree that "anything you can do that is homemade that ends up better than stuff you can get retail (at a much cheaper cost) is always something to be proud of." Couldn't have put it better myself. I need to upgrade my interior tent fans. I just have the one oscillating fan on high and it's pretty cheap. Could really use two but the budget wont allow it for now. I like your set up with one oscillating fan in each corner. Phew. Glad to hear your carbon filter is so successful! Hopefully mine is the same. As long as I don't get any more tears in my ducting connection to the exhaust fan, I should be good to go.

Your harvest is looking pretty close! Got some crazy huge colas. +respect

Back
Top Bottom