BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

Update

Good morning/afternoon/evening Everyone. After the sun finally came out yesterday, I took a group shot of the babies. They are all at day 20, except for the Gorilla Breath 2, which is at day 9 and already larger than her sister GB1.
The obvious winner so far is White Widow and the first Gorilla Breath is still very stunted. I don't have much hope for this one. I'm glad I popped a 2nd seed 11 days later.

The first week I only gave them water, but then I started a light feed of grow nutrients. I used the Emerald Harvest line of nutrients last year and was pretty happy with them, so I'm continuing with them this season - at least to start with. I have some MegaCrop nutes that I plan to try out this season as well, but I still have quite a bit of the Emerald Harvest so gotta use that up first. Maybe I give the EH nutes to LiquidIntel to use at his location, while I use the MC here... I haven't decided yet. So last week I fed them 1.25 ml/gal of the grow nutes and 1 ml/gal of the Rapid Start. I'm going to bump that up for the next feeding - probably 2.5 ml/gal of the grow A&B.

So for the early seedling stage I have a very inexpensive (less than $100 for everything) light setup in my garage. I've already hardened off the plants, so now that it's sunny most days, they spend the day outside and then come in for the evenings. Once they're ready for their final home - 20 gallon fiber pots - they will stay outside full time.

now that it's sunny most days,
I wish we'd get a little of that down here....(halfway between you and @InTheShed )

I like that garage light setup- I need to make something like that for my "cloudy week" led..

I was supposed to do this yesterday, but I forgot... wonder how that happened :hmmmm: :laughtwo:
I dropped 6 more seeds today - all autos. 3 will go to LiquidIntel (Critical Mass, Kalashnikov, and Dark Devil) and the other 3 will stay here with my photos.

I changed my plan slightly. I was originally going to run Monster Bruce Banner, Amnesia, and Gelot.OG for my first round of autos. However, I decided I wanted a CBD plant to be ready by July so I replaced MBB with Pink Kush CBD. I'll run the Monster Bruce Banner during my 2nd run of autos.

Oh yeah, I have the seeds soaking next to my (good luck) can of Hunts.

Looks like you’re all set for the outdoor season. That WW is looking like a boss.
Hopefully @Liquidintel won't kill it when it goes to his place. :nervous-guy:
I like that garage light setup- I need to make something like that for my "cloudy week" led..
I originally set that up for my annual tomato seedlings, but it works well for my cannabis too.
Off to a (mostly) great start Beez! I still believe in runty though.
Thanks, and I'm keeping an eye on that runt. Gonna give it a couple more weeks til I decided what to do with it.

Hi,Beez- That Pink Kush cbd auto I just harvested was done in 62 days,sprout to harvest,so if you need it to be done by July that one should be perfect!
I hope yours gets a little bigger than mine did-they don't stretch much,if at all,at least mine didn't-but I think I over trained it a bit...

That Pink Kush cbd auto I just harvested was done in 62 days,sprout to harvest,so if you need it to be done by July that one should be perfect!
Thanks, that's good info, and pretty fast cycle.
I hope yours gets a little bigger than mine did-they don't stretch much,if at all,at least mine didn't-but I think I over trained it a bit...
I don't plan to do much (if any) training on my autos. Do you remember how much you yielded?
Calling that a "good luck" can is like saying that tent mascots and crystals don't help grow healthy plants. Science will not be denied Beez!
Just the facts here! (and sometimes opinion and wishful thinking) :)

cool..im very interested in the gelat.og auto...gl :)
:welcome: to the journal GLA! The Gelat.OG auto has gotten off to a very slow start. Of the 6 auto seeds that I started soaking, all cracked open within 24 hrs except the Gelat.OG. Finally today - after 3 days of soaking in water - it finally cracked a tiny tap root and is now in a damp paper towel. I almost gave up on it and was about to start another, when I saw the tap root poking out. Hopefully I'll get it into soil this evening.

Update
All the plants are doing well, nothing much exciting at this point.

The White Widow is growing like a weed! I may be ready to transplant it soon.

The Gorilla Breath #1 (aka Runty) is still pretty tiny, but looking healthy in color and shape regardless. GB2 is doing much better at only day 15.

5 of the 6 autos were put into soil yesterday. The Gelat.OG almost became my first ever "failed germination", but got its act together this morning. :yahoo: After just 24 hrs in soil, the Amnesia Auto is already trying to poke its head out.

And lastly, I started soaking another seed last night. A friend of mine wants to try growing one plant this summer. He has no prior experience, but I'm sure it will be a fun project for him. I started a Dresden Green Diamond (photo period) from Garden of Green Seeds. I got 10 of these as freebies in my last order so if he fails, it won't be a big deal. :nervous-guy:

Do you remember how much you yielded?
I got 1.75 oz from her-she was only about 5" tall, but a foot wide- she was a pretty little thing, very purple.
The Gelat.OG auto has gotten off to a very slow start.
Gelat.OG auto is what I'm growing next- as soon as my Alaskan Purple auto gets closer to done, I'll drop some seeds- probably grow 2 of those.

Update
Here's a group shot of the orginal 6 seeds that were started on the same day. It's interesting how different they all are growing. The Gorilla Breath #1 is hanging in there and maybe starting to pick up some momentum.

I'm moving everything outside while its nice and sunny and then bring them back under the lights in the evening. I am starting to decrease the light schedule to match the natural sunrise/set schedule so that they don't go into premature flower once I transplant them into their final home outside.

Here's some individual pics. I'm feeding them at 2.5ml/gal of grow nutes and am liking the leaf color so far.

SCB is kinda stunted along with Gorilla Breath #1. It's growing, but not very fast.

GB2 has passed up GB1 in spite of it getting started 11 days later.

Back
Top Bottom