Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Happy New Year

happy new year my friend,

nice work with the seeds, just harvest the plant and hang it to dry, put a tray under to catch any seeds that fall out, then when the buds nice and dry the seeds will just fall out without getting you all sticky, its much easier to remove the seeds once the bud has dried, i dont bother removing them before as i ended up in a right mess when i tried taking them out just after harvest.

store them in a dark cool place, growers store them in fridges to keep them viable but my seeds are stored in plastic tubs and kept in a drawer in the spare room, ive got seeds that are 3 years old and all still 100% viable, i can plant 1 seed knowing it will sprout,

what i did find strange was when i planted some seeds strait after i harvested the plant, i pulled the seeds out the buds at harvest and planted them the next day, germination rate was very low and less than 1/4 sprouted, but a few months later they all germ and not had any that dont sprout after planting, so their must be something going on that causes problems if you plant them to early, maybe thats why the plants drop the seeds in the winter and they dont start growing till the spring when grown outdoors,

I believe to properly store your seeds you should let them dry for several months then place them in your refridgerator. I believe in nature most seeds require a dormancy period with colder temperatures to sprout in the spring.I store my seeds in the refridgerator after I was told by somone whose growing skills I trusted that seeds can be cooked by higher temperatures then 95° Fahrenheit and will not sprout. When I dont have my air conditioning on during the summer temperatures are in excess of 95° Fahrenheit.

nice info king, i know the seed banks store all theirs in fridges so thats possibly the best method to use, if i get poor germination rates then ill start using the fridge method, but for now storing in a cool dark place seems to be working out ok for me and ive planted seeds that are a few years old and all germ ok,
letting them lay dormant before using is something i do after getting really low germ rates when trying to plant strait after harvest.

Happy belated New Years Cannafan!

Your pictures of the plants you are pollinating make me drool. Hope life is High :ganjamon:

happy new year my friend,

nice work with the seeds, just harvest the plant and hang it to dry, put a tray under to catch any seeds that fall out, then when the buds nice and dry the seeds will just fall out without getting you all sticky, its much easier to remove the seeds once the bud has dried, i dont bother removing them before as i ended up in a right mess when i tried taking them out just after harvest.

store them in a dark cool place, growers store them in fridges to keep them viable but my seeds are stored in plastic tubs and kept in a drawer in the spare room, ive got seeds that are 3 years old and all still 100% viable, i can plant 1 seed knowing it will sprout,

what i did find strange was when i planted some seeds strait after i harvested the plant, i pulled the seeds out the buds at harvest and planted them the next day, germination rate was very low and less than 1/4 sprouted, but a few months later they all germ and not had any that dont sprout after planting, so their must be something going on that causes problems if you plant them to early, maybe thats why the plants drop the seeds in the winter and they dont start growing till the spring when grown outdoors,
Good info DP. I think between you and KJC here, I will be storing them in the refrigerator until I think they are ready.

I believe to properly store your seeds you should let them dry for several months then place them in your refridgerator. I believe in nature most seeds require a dormancy period with colder temperatures to sprout in the spring.I store my seeds in the refridgerator after I was told by somone whose growing skills I trusted that seeds can be cooked by higher temperatures then 95° Fahrenheit and will not sprout. When I dont have my air conditioning on during the summer temperatures are in excess of 95° Fahrenheit.
The dormancy period makes perfect sense. I'll be putting them in the refrigerator in a separate cool, not too cold area. Thanks!

Happy New Year Canna :high-five:
You too Cronic!!

Sorry I'm late. Great work!!!! :goodjob:
:welcome: MrNugs, never too late! Hope you had a great New Years' day!

Happy Thurweed day Canna :thumb:
Much happier Thurweed day now that I"m home. LOL Same to you!

:ciao: Dennise! :peace:

Happy belated New Years Cannafan!
Your pictures of the plants you are pollinating make me drool. Hope life is High :ganjamon:
Same to you Tickledwizard, and :welcome: ! I've had a lot of fun with the pictures and learned a few things along the way. :high-five:
First off, leave the coffee alone before you hand hold camera extreme close up attempts. LOL

Hi ItsTimmyMan and :welcome: ! I'm not sure if I will start a new journal or continue the grow on this journal. Haven't decided that yet, either way the grow on the new cross will definitely happen!

Well I'm hoping for a journal on your breeding adventures!

No pressure though! :)

Hi everyone. I should call this thread Cannafan's Adventures with Macro photography. LOL
Here are final pictures of the seeds on the Master Widower Bud. I cut the bud and trimmed it today. It is now drying so I can harvest the seeds easier. A couple are falling right out, so they are ready. I don't see any really green ones left so I'm guessing I did this at the correct time.
Here's the seed pics:

Seeds_1-5-14_9.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_8.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_7.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_4.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_5.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_6.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_3.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_2.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_10.jpg

Seeds_1-5-14_1.jpg

Hope you enjoy!