CascadianDank's Redemption

Well I made the switch to organics last year because I didnt wanna use chemicals to feed my plants like I originally was (GH 3 part) so I def. dont wanna spray them with chemicals. I dont like to spray anything on them other than plain water.

I will look into getting some lady bugs today just so I can say I did something rather than nothing and as far as funds go this is top priority because I have spent alot of cash in the last year on soil, nutes, lights and everything else I have goin on inside and outside and have yet to get a usable crop. I have a freakin 600 dollar LED light, whos dealer that was a sponsor here seems to be out of business, sitting on a shelf in the same closet the T5 and clones/seedlings are in and I still dont know if its worth a shit cuz cuz I got infested with mites and they killed my plants while I was away, that and they ran out of water sooner than I expected:oops:.

Weve easily spent 3 to 4k in the last year on our garden so I have to get a harvest out of these plants so I will be getting some Lady Bugs

Well I just fed The Ladies of the Gardenand decided to wait on pics til the suns over the the garden rather than on the side casting shadows. I pulled a few more yellow leaves that I didnt get to yesterday due to my findings and I noticed the sweet smell for the first time and it was coming from that Paranormal Thing?? it smells really nice and I am convinced it is a 2nd Tangerine Dream or at least a VERY close relative because the leaves and buds look the same to me. This is a good thing though because my TD is smaller than I would have liked and I dont remember why I never cut a clone from it??? I do have a nice Macro shot of one of the PT?? that Ill post now

DSCF7668.JPG

So there I am walkin around and inspecting the plants before I feed them and what do I see but my elusive friend finally allowing me to see what he is. This was my first assumption but I had only seen branches suddenly jump around and once had him, or another possibly, bounce off my chest and into another plant but I only felt it cuz I was looking the other way.

DSCF7664.JPG

I transplanted 2 of the 3 BD clones yesterday but I ran out of soil so the 3rd one is gonna wait a couple days longer. It wasnt drinkin up the water as fast as the other 2 anyway. Those 3 will be used for making seeds

Ive decided not to bother with the Lady Bugs since there are so many predators around now and there really are no signs of damage at this point

OK so heres what the Girls look like today. I fed a full strength dose of nutes per bottle directions and will continue to do so every 2 days for the next few weeks. The SD did not get nutes because it has Super Soil. I also added the blue dream from the tent to the outdoor garden since I just cut 16 new ones a couple days ago.

Since I forgot to post the pics of the transplant in the last post Ill start with that.
DSCF7630.JPG
DSCF7631.JPG
DSCF7632.JPG
DSCF7633.JPG
DSCF7634.JPG

Heres a shot of the 2 GSCs from the tent. I watered everything on buckets with holes in the lids to keep the floor of the tent dry this time so I thought I would get a quick shot of them. They will be choped up for clones next then I will probably use them to make seeds also.
DSCF7629.JPG

Heres some pics of the closet and tent today
DSCF7703.JPG
DSCF7704.JPG
DSCF7705.JPG
DSCF7706.JPG

This one products I like that's organic and is good for all sorts of bugs and cheap is "garden safe Neem oil extract" in a green bottle is like 6$ for a qt. And you use like 1 Oz for a qt spray bottle it's been the only thing I have needed in the past year but since going high brix I don't see bug damage anymore, they are not attracted to the plants,I read that is because really healthy plants give of a different emf .I don't know for sure but I have not needed anything in a long time, but the Neem oil extract works! I never had Thrips tho so Idk if it works on them,I don't see why not tho,seems it makes them (bugs) retarded they fly stupid forget to eat ,mate etc :rofl: :high-five:

This one products I like that's organic and is good for all sorts of bugs and cheap is "garden safe Neem oil extract" in a green bottle is like 6$ for a qt. And you use like 1 Oz for a qt spray bottle it's been the only thing I have needed in the past year but since going high brix I don't see bug damage anymore, they are not attracted to the plants,I read that is because really healthy plants give of a different emf .I don't know for sure but I have not needed anything in a long time, but the Neem oil extract works! I never had Thrips tho so Idk if it works on them,I don't see why not tho,seems it makes them (bugs) retarded they fly stupid forget to eat ,mate etc :rofl: :high-five:

Thanks for the tip Bid. I really dont wanna spray with anything which is why Im not so excited about the High Brix. Would mineralizing the soil work for the bugs or is it in the sprays.

I wonder how well those clones will work out after trimming them back so hard? It seems counter-intuitive to me, would think need energy from leaves to make roots. But we shall see.

They are opening up a little and seem to be growing. I think as long as there is something there they will grow if conditions are right.

Lesson of the day. It is still too soon to shut the AC off even over night. The tent was over 100 this mornin and 2 of the clones in the closet were not happy. one was bent over at the collar and laying down, it had a mush stem so in the compost bin it went. The other was the first clone I cut this round that is in the pic with my pipe, it is staning tall still but the leaves were wilted so hopefully it perks up soon.

I put the 2 PC seedlings from the tent outside and they werent that happy either last night when I checked on them before dark. The leaves were curled and twisted to hell. This morning they seemed a little better so I soaked the shit out of them hoping that will keep them cool today. I put them out in the early afternoon so it was the hot part of the day and it was after I fed the other plants so it wasnt the full strength nutes which I thought at first was the issue but I feed in the morning in the afternoon I just give straight water if needed which they did yesterday.

While I was watering today I noticed a bunch of dying leaves and wilting bud sites on the GC at the bottom of the plant. Turns out there was a broken branch at the stem that I yanked out of there and as I was moving the plant around I got a WONDERFUL whiff of her. She is starting to stink so good. The branch was a little bigger than the 2 I took off the BD theres still plenty left so all good.

Good news is I am going today to buy the insulation for my flower room and get that job started finally.

Looks like Im gonna lose all my clones this time around :hmmmm:

I dont know what the problem is. I did the same thing I always do, plug it in and let it spray til theres roots with no dome or misting.
I tried misting a few times the last 2 days because I had wilting clones but more keep wilting as time goes by. I have a 5 gallon bucket that is somewhat transparent, enough so to let light through, I was gonna use as a dome. So I go to move them around, so they all fit under the bucket, and the stems break at the collar. WTF??? I have never had this happen and IDK what caused it. The best way I can describe what they look and feel like is when I froze some fresh Broccoli and Cauliflower then defrosted it. They seem waterlogged but how is that when I have rooted cuttings in a glass of tap water before with no problems. I unplugged the cloner for now so we'll see what happens but I think I may have to cut some new ones. I do have a large GSC plant comin to me in the next week so Ill use it for clones and maybe put it outside after I cut some.

Mainly because Im lazy really. I dont wanna get out of bed and spray my plants before the lights come on or before the sun comes over the fence. I get up, Feed our dog and Beta Fish, have a Dew, read journals and wake up before I hit the bowl then tend to the plants. You cant spray when the sun or lights are beating down on the plants and by the time Im ready that is the case.

Now Im in flower mode outside where the bugs are and its my first time outdoors and I dont want any mold issues on top of bugs. It may be too soon to worry about mold but I would rather be safe.

I have sprayed for Spider Mites before with Azamax and SNS 217 and neither did the trick for me completely they seemed gone but came back.

I was ready to spray the Garlic Pepper spray but JTG told me not to worry since its outdoors and I have predators already in place, I just found a spider in its web in my MW plant, and they seem to be doin their job. I have been pulling yellow leaves and checking the plants twice a day since finding them and havent seen another yet so I cant disagree with his advice. He has been growing outdoors for a long time and his results speak for him. Spraying would run off the predators too.

I wanted to water the Garlic Pepper solution into the plant in hopes of running off the plant eating critters, thinking if they eat it it will taste like shit and they would leave. Miwa insisted otherwise and nobody disagreed so I have to believe in his advice too.

Thanks Shotta.

I was thinkin it was the heat but the first round of clones were in the outside room and it was 110 to 120 in there during the day. they still seemed to grow but didnt root, just swelled up below the collars. Once I brought them into the closet, where it only got up to 80 over night with the door closed, they started shooting roots everywhere.
This closet has a different door than the other one and doesnt seal up but I close it so I can keep the light on and not have it shining into the tent while that light is off and the door stays open for the fan to blow cool air in.

I guess different situations cause different results.

Ill get my room done soon then everything should be good

Do you use a rooting enhancer? And after you take them how long do you keep the dome completely sealed over them.

Every situation is different and I am amazed that the plants handled that 110-120 heat. The battle continues this week. Frickin hot as.

I used some Thrive Alive in the water this time just a little splash into 2.5 gals of water. Last time I used Clonex on the cuts but didnt think first that it would get washed away from the sprayers.

I have never used a dome before on a cloner and I have done many clones over the last 3 years with them.

I was amazed myself that they didnt shrivel up in that heat and even moreso now that thse are dying on me and didnt get that hot

So 3 clones still standing and lookin good. They were the smaller of the group so maybe that helped IDK. I transplanted the 2 PC seedlings that were brought back inside and the 3rd BD from outside also the 2 PK/SS seedlings. The 9 BDs that were topped and defoled are full again and ready to flower but my room isnt ready yet so they have to wait a little longer. The tent is pretty much full now and barely any room to move around.

Outside is blowin up and Ill be out there getting some new pics today. I went out this mornin to shake off some water from the rain over night and they are really starting to smell great now.

Ill do a proper update with pics tomorrow morning.

Every time I find a mantis I grab em and put them in the tents they are fun to have around but before I do foliar feed I have to find them and make sure I don't spray them directly,it's organic stuff but I don't think they would appreciate the sprays, ,do the same with red lady bugs, can't use Neem tho cuz I don't want retarded mantis's & lady bugs, problem is they want to leave lately since there's no food so if they fly out when I open up I go put them back outside "sorry guys didn't mean to starve you" I find them by the porch light and inside by the oven good light we leave on at night for a nightlight, so fun watching them hunt other bugs
IM feeling ya on the overgrown veggers I have a month to wait and 2 foot tall clones, gotta cut them back before there's room prob 2 more times and Trans plants too lol guess I could just put the other 600 in the veg tent & flower them all lol
I'll be looking for your new update,I did videos this week:thumb:

Every time I find a mantis I grab em and put them in the tents they are fun to have around but before I do foliar feed I have to find them and make sure I don't spray them directly,it's organic stuff but I don't think they would appreciate the sprays, ,do the same with red lady bugs, can't use Neem tho cuz I don't want retarded mantis's & lady bugs, problem is they want to leave lately since there's no food so if they fly out when I open up I go put them back outside "sorry guys didn't mean to starve you" I find them by the porch light and inside by the oven good light we leave on at night for a nightlight, so fun watching them hunt other bugs
I wonder if walking sticks would be good for small bug eatin' in the canna garden? I have them all over outside this year. Have you ever tried those BID?

Well Im a day late but I have good reasons. The wife was gone for 5 weeks and got back Tuesday so Ive been "BUSY" if ya know what I mean :cheesygrinsmiley: Yep she put my ass to work as soon as she got home :blalol:

Ive taken pics over the last few days I just havent had the time to post so today will be a multiple posts of many pics. Starting with a couple of the GSC girls from the tent and the transplanting of the last BD clone, 2 PC seedlings and 2PK/SS seedlings

8-31 These are 2 PC seedlings I put outside to make room in the tent. Thats the BD clone I put out for the same reason a few days before.
DSCF7707.JPG
DSCF7708.JPG

9-1 You can see the PC seedlings werent very happy with all that sun and heat they got during the last 24 hrs. Theres also some random bud shots and a pic of the cloner
DSCF7709.JPG
DSCF7710.JPG
DSCF7711.JPG
DSCF7713.JPG
DSCF77141.JPG
DSCF7715.JPG
DSCF7717.JPG
DSCF7718.JPG
DSCF7720.JPG
DSCF7722.JPG

9-2 I found a little surprise while watering the PK/SS seedling.
DSCF77252.JPG
DSCF7726.JPG
DSCF7727.JPG
DSCF7728.JPG

This is the 2 PCs which seem to be adapted to the weather and are now growing after 48 hrs in the sun
DSCF7729.JPG
DSCF7730.JPG

9-4 some random bud shots the wife took while I was watering the Ladies of Garden. This was the first time she saw them in 5 weeks.
DSCF7731.JPG
DSCF7732.JPG
DSCF7733.JPG
DSCF7734.JPG

OK gotta upload more pics and will be back with more

Back
Top Bottom