CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

The ones that are advertised as having less than 1% THC would be the ones to peruse. I remember @Amy Gardner use to like Ace CBD #1 as a Candida alternative, but I'm sure these days there are lots of other choices.
Thanks! It sounds like everyone is recommending all-CBD seeds and then mixing, so I guess I will try it.

I got a bunch of Delimed CBD Plus that CBDHemp808 recommended, but then he had trouble with leaf mold, so I will probably try to grow it out indoors (after I run out of auto seeds, which may take a while 😂)

Thanks! It sounds like everyone is recommending all-CBD seeds and then mixing, so I guess I will try it.

I got a bunch of Delimed CBD Plus that CBDHemp808 recommended, but then he had trouble with leaf mold, so I will probably try to grow it out indoors (after I run out of auto seeds, which may take a while 😂)
I never grew that one. The one I mentioned re: powdery mildew was Seedsman 30:1, which was sativa leaning. I stopped growing that one. But I have been successful with Sweet Critical CBD, and it came in at 15%. I just moved one to the flower house on Sunday. I would say it's not particularly fungus/mold resistant.

Oh. I am very sorry to hear that. :(

So, you have not yet really found ANY of what you would call "fungus/mold resistant pure CBD" strains??

So, you have not yet really found ANY of what you would call "fungus/mold resistant pure CBD" strains??
Well, there are really two main types of fungus/mold resistance – one is bud rot resistance (botrytis), and the other is leaf mold resistance (powdery mildew PM, septoria, downy mildew). (There is a 3rd type which is root and stem rot resistance, but this really isn't fully on my radar screen yet.) A pheno that is bud rot resistant may not be leaf mold resistant, and vice versa. It's also possible that a pheno is both bud rot and leaf mold resistant, which is the case with my current best THC pheno, Humboldt Dream.

I found that Seedsman 30:1 CBD was resistant to bud rot, but highly susceptible to PM. I think the pheno was sativa leaning. The buds tested around 11% CBD. With a bigger pot and better care, it may perform better. I decided not to grow it anymore. [harvest report]

The other CBDs that I've grown usually have some bud rot, including the Sweet Critical which tested out at 15% CBD. These all seem to be indica dominant. I've had mixed results with my legacy CBD phenos, which came from seed of the strain Cherry Blossom. I think the best of that bunch is the #18, which is a short, heavily foliated, indica dominant pheno with heavy resin production. Sometimes I get decent harvests from the #1 and #9 as well. Generally, though, with the possible exception of #18, I don't view these phenos as particularly fungus/mold resistant.

I've had mixed results with my legacy CBG pheno. Last harvest was completely clean, no bud rot, no leaf mold. [harvest report]

A word about "pure CBD" strains... what you are referring to are chemotype 3 strains, which are high CBD and low THC. These are sometimes referred to as "CBD hemp", although I really don't like that terminology. When somebody says "pure CBD" they mean chemotype 3, as opposed to chemotype 2 which are sometimes called "one-to-one" strains because they contain both high levels of THC and CBD. Most chemotype 3 strains produce around 10% CBD, while THC is under 1%. Some phenos of some strains produce more than 10%, for example 15% or 18%, or even 20% or a bit more. So far the best I've been able to find is Sweet Critical which tested at 15%.

:ciao:

A word about "pure CBD" strains... what you are referring to are chemotype 3 strains, which are high CBD and low THC. These are sometimes referred to as "CBD hemp", although I really don't like that terminology. When somebody says "pure CBD" they mean chemotype 3, as opposed to chemotype 2 which are sometimes called "one-to-one" strains because they contain both high levels of THC and CBD. Most chemotype 3 strains produce around 10% CBD, while THC is under 1%. Some phenos of some strains produce more than 10%, for example 15% or 18%, or even 20% or a bit more. So far the best I've been able to find is Sweet Critical which tested at 15%.
Ahh, ok. Humboldt Dream. And Sweet Critical. Thanks!
:thanks:

Yeah, okay! But I bet it will make some dreamy Malawi cob! 😂

Yeah, okay! But I bet it will make some dreamy Malawi cob! 😂

HD 12/5/23, harvested a week later. I've got a real beauty in the veg house right now, just waiting for the clones to take, then she's off to the flower house.
1711005594681.png

HD 12/5/23, harvested a week later. I've got a real beauty in the veg house right now, just waiting for the clones to take, then she's off to the flower house.
1711005594681.png

:yummy:

Hi all. Now that the dust is settling, the big surprise winner is the CBD 1:1 (CBD Crack). It is a very nice flavor, and I like it about as much as NL CBD, just in a different way. I hope to grow it again.

However, SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD) and Royal CBDV taste like pond water, and do not make much vapor. I find myself not reaching for them. :(
I am also not sure if the CBD in SDAC or Royal CBDV will survive the Malawi Cob process, so I cannot just put them into cob yet (until I know that the CBD is not converted or destroyed by the ferment).
Is there anything to do to help perk up the flavor, so I want to reach for them?

(Hoping to start another grow in a few weeks.)

Congrats on getting a winner out of there but sorry about the pond water. :( I can't think of a legit way to improve the flavor other than blending in something with more taste. Beside the blandness, how do those two do effects-wise?
Thanks, Shed. I still have to get the frogs out of the pond water 🐸
I think SDAC and RCBDV both work well (which is the main thing), so it seems hard to complain (kind of like with the brown bud from the last grow).

RCBDV is different than SDAC, and not only in flavor. It feels strange in relation to regular CBD (SDAC).

SDAC gives a good CBD stablization and inner grounding, and there is not much white vapor and it tastes like cardboard, but the CBD feels good.
I will probably vacuum bag it up, and mix some with the Afghan Mass XXL that I hope to grow this next grow.

About bagging it up, it has been sitting out in the room for a while now. It is kind of humid right now (a lot of rain), but the humidity meter says 62% (depends on the day, and the time of day).
Will it be alright just to vacuum bag that up, so it stays fresh? It is a great room air freshener, but I would like it to stay fresh 😂

PS I am hoping RCBDV and SDAC will grow on me. (Maybe I will get real fond of them if I run out of weed before the next grow finishes? 😂 )

About bagging it up, it has been sitting out in the room for a while now. It is kind of humid right now (a lot of rain), but the humidity meter says 62% (depends on the day, and the time of day).
Will it be alright just to bag that up, so it stays fresh? It is a great room air freshener, but I would like it to stay fresh
Oh wait, it's still out and drying? Changing my answer to yes, something will make it taste better: a good cure!

If it's been at least 21 days since harvest, jar it up at 62% RH and stick it in a dark cool closet for a month, and then give it another try.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Will do!

Hi all. Now that the dust is settling, the big surprise winner is the CBD 1:1 (CBD Crack). It is a very nice flavor, and I like it about as much as NL CBD, just in a different way. I hope to grow it again.

However, SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD) and Royal CBDV taste like pond water, and do not make much vapor. I find myself not reaching for them. :(
I am also not sure if the CBD in SDAC or Royal CBDV will survive the Malawi Cob process, so I cannot just put them into cob yet (until I know that the CBD is not converted or destroyed by the ferment).
Is there anything to do to help perk up the flavor, so I want to reach for them?

(Hoping to start another grow in a few weeks.)
Hey Med, good to hear from you. 🙂

My Sweet Critical CBD is near harvest time... lookin' good. 15% CBD. I'll post some pics on my thread.

Regarding the "perk"... that is of course partly due to the genetics... the phenotype. What you want is high resin production, which in turn equates to high terpene production, and therefore lots of potency, aroma, and flavor. Of course, drying method is also super important – low & slow is best. In terms of flavor variability, different phenos throw different terpene profiles. Now, if the pheno is grown under more-or-less ideal conditions (outdoor), then you can depend on the terpene profile being basically consistent. That's my understanding. However, if there are stresses on the plant, then that could cause variation in the production of terpenes. Perhaps not which individuals terps will appear in the profile, but perhaps more production of some rather than others. Maybe other folks here have more insight into this dynamic.

Pick any strain, and the seed will throw different phenos, and some may be the bomb, while others bomb out. Beside genetics, I look at the whole thing holistically, meaning many factors contribute. Speaking outdoor now... So, you need great solar exposure, direct sunlight, warm temperatures, great soil, breezes, spot-on watering and feeding, and good plant care through the lifecycle. And then of course, POT SIZE. Pot size is super important. I graduated to 10 gal and so far the results are very good. The nice thing about 10 gal is it can still be moved around fairly easily. I use a wheelbarrow to move from veg to flower house. I gave up on grow bags because mine were getting clogged, which is of course super bad. So I'm using 10 gal black plastic, low-profile not tall. I drill more drain holes in the bottom, and add about a 2" layer of perlite to the bottom to help with drainage.

:ciao:

Hi all.
I got some time today to jar things up. The Auto Blue Ace and the CBD 1:1 went in fine. :)
The RCBDV looks fine, and I will jar it up. :)
However, it looks like I thought the Swiss Dream was drier than it was, so I laid them flat too early. I do not know if you can see it, but there is some light mold on some of the crowns. (Next time I will know better.)

light mold 1.jpg

light mold 2.jpg

It has good CBD effects, but it is not really my favorite flavor, so I wondered, would it work to cut away the lightly-molded parts, and decarb it in the air fryer, to make CBD dust? Or is that the worst idea ever, do not even think about it?

I imagine the cure will help the taste, but I might have a situation where I need CBD but cannot have THC soon--and if that happens, I will probably want de-carbed CBD dust, to put on meals. So would it be alright to decarb it real good, 110C / 230F for an hour in an air fryer, and then grind it to dust, to put on meals? (Or is that the worst idea ever, do not even think about it?)

I plan to put all of the good parts in jars.

It has good CBD effects, but it is not really my favorite flavor, so I wondered, would it work to cut away the lightly-molded parts, and decarb it in the air fryer, to make CBD dust? Or is that the worst idea ever, do not even think about it?
Disclaimer: I am not a scientist.

It those buds were in a jar with other buds, the whole lot should be tossed. Without knowing the type of mold it is, there may be no safe way to kill the mold and spores that have spread to the other flowers.

Some folks consider using decarbed flowers with mold for edibles (definitely not smoking), but again it's hard to say without knowing how that mold will affect the gut.

The only thing I feel safe doing with moldy flowers is decarbing them and using them for massage oil that doesn't go near any open wounds or orifices.

Disclaimer: I am not a scientist.

It those buds were in a jar with other buds, the whole lot should be tossed. Without knowing the type of mold it is, there may be no safe way to kill the mold and spores that have spread to the other flowers.

Ahhh, ok. So there is mold, and then there is mold, and there is no way to tell without breaking out the microscope, and matching up images? :cough:
I'll pass, thanks!!

Some folks consider using decarbed flowers with mold for edibles (definitely not smoking), but again it's hard to say without knowing how that mold will affect the gut.

The only thing I feel safe doing with moldy flowers is decarbing them and using them for massage oil that doesn't go near any open wounds or orifices.
That's a great idea! Thank you so much! I hope to do that. I have had a few different people talk with me about cannabis massage oil for pain. I should use this to make some, so I can give gifts! How can I make such an oil?
:thanks:

EDIT: Oh, PS, I just remembered, I do have a Magic Butter look-alike, called an Ella Bella. It got rave reviews, so we will see. I guess I should break it out and start reading the instructions, huh? :reading420magazine: lol.

Definitely break it out! I've made a few batches of pain oil over the years so when you're ready to do it let me know and I'll dig up a tutorial for you.

I can tell you that the best oil for that is grapeseed for absorbability, but if you want it more spreadable then adding fractionated coconut oil helps there.
:green_heart:
I am not sure if I can get grapeseed oil here, because the do not grow grapes here, but coconut oil is local, so not too expensive. And it is really good and nourishing for the skin.
Ok I set them out and will try to break down and read. the. i.n.s.t.r.u.c.t.i.o.n.s..... Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom