Crawdaddy's Fall 2013 TopLED COB Grow

So here are some close to final pics of the Hawaiian Snow under DS200, she will be chopped on Wed. She is getting flushed right now.

This is flower day 62. some branches falling over, very skinny branches. Buds are very sparkly.
HS_branch.jpg
HS_close3.jpg
Hs_close_21.jpg
HS_close_flash_on.jpg

did she used to have more branches? sorry lol. that plant looks way over 15 grams regardless

Update on the babies/clones...

The babies where all planted on Dec 30th, they broke ground on the 3rd and 4th. On the left is 4 Hawaiian Snows, then 4 Brain Storms, then a White Widow(free seed) and a Chronic (free seed). The two clones are a Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm, so that is 5 phenos of the HS and BS. will end up picking best one of each.

The other clones got planted and moved to 4X4 tent. Will update on them later.

DSCN10256.JPG

DSCN10269.JPG
DSCN10276.JPG
DSCN10285.JPG
DSCN10297.JPG
DSCN10306.JPG

you can see the WW has the most indica in all of them from leaf shape.

Update on 5 Ladies under Top LED COB + Supplemental UFO.

flower Day 21, the ladies look a bit droopy today cause let them get too dry, they just got a good watering.

Pulled them all out for pics, defol/lower branch removal and spray down with Mighty Wash so no mites. They all seem to be coming along nicely. Super cheese not really showing any signs of her near crushing by fan.

Here are the pics.

Brain_Storm.jpg
BS_close1.jpg
Choco_Chunk11.jpg
CC_close1.jpg
DoubleBerry2.jpg
DB_CLose1.jpg
HS_CLOSE4.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow29.jpg
Super_Cheese14.jpg
SC_Close.jpg

Here is the 5 day update for 4 plants under Top LED COB light.

I am still not happy with these plants. Still not sure of cause but they just not getting much bigger. The Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm with EXACT same genetics under other light are doing so well, but these ones not really. I am not passing judgement on light, maybe soil mix and or overwater are my two biggest suspects. Kind of embarrassed to show pics but here they are...

all_4_ladies4.jpg
Brainstorm25.jpg
Brainstorm_close9.jpg
Choco_Chunk4.jpg
Choco_Chunk_close.jpg
Double_Berry4.jpg
Double_Berry_Close.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_Close7.jpg
Hawaiian_snow19.jpg

Hi!

The problem is too intense light! I am quite certain as this exact thing happened to me too. I see your plants looks exactly as mine did. You need to increase the light distance to the plants.

I used to grow years back with HPS. I did very well growing, so I am sort of experienced, outdoor and indor. I bought 180w ufo lights from topled. The information I saw in their mail said 30 cm(one foot) apart from plant. I started with around + 30 cm on some blueberries that was under CFL to about - 30cm tall. at first the plants thrived but after a week+ they started to degenerate. i ended up cutting them down and taking some healthy tops. that I rooted under CFL. I built a 2 story garden with one lower under part for veg and clone and upper for flowering. I'll also started to flower 6 plants from unknown strains(gardeners choice) They started to stop growing and leafs ' burned' and bent upwards. I still had some clones so I went on. I tried lots of things, magnesium, iron and flushing the soil( I am growing in a sand soil mix) I read info on the web and magnesium came up everywhere as a possible cause. Finally in the fall I brought in 6 plants from an outdoor site as the plants would have not finished outside. 2 weeks went fine and they started to flower. Then same disaster happened to them(as in the pics posted in this thread) Lights hung 45 cm above but that was still too close, I could not think of the light intensity being the reason. Plants yielded very very crappy an I got prolly less than 2 ounce from 6 plants.

All my efforts failed, killing off most of my material and I was ready to throw in the towel. It was depressing, and still is as I lost money and time and are now broke atm.

However, I found latest info in the "topled" thread: According to smokesara the distance is now "2 foot minimum" distance. I'll already raised the one single lamp I got running above the 7 remaining but damaged mostly defoliated plants and they slowly started to turn healthy. Now after months of depressing times the plants started to grow! :)

It is all about the light distance - the cause for your problems - your and mine plants looks 100% identical, Crawdaddy.

Best of luck to you

ps I created this acct just to tell you this info. I felt very bad seeing you suffer from the same problem

whats happening Crawdad Happy Munchday

Thanks man, same to you day later!

Look freakin awsome I can't wait to get some other strains got my purple kush and purple kush cali mist mix looking great

_Yea variety is nice, but hard to manage

Hi!

The problem is too intense light! I am quite certain as this exact thing happened to me too. I see your plants looks exactly as mine did. You need to increase the light distance to the plants.

I used to grow years back with HPS. I did very well growing, so I am sort of experienced, outdoor and indor. I bought 180w ufo lights from topled. The information I saw in their mail said 30 cm(one foot) apart from plant. I started with around + 30 cm on some blueberries that was under CFL to about - 30cm tall. at first the plants thrived but after a week+ they started to degenerate. i ended up cutting them down and taking some healthy tops. that I rooted under CFL. I built a 2 story garden with one lower under part for veg and clone and upper for flowering. I'll also started to flower 6 plants from unknown strains(gardeners choice) They started to stop growing and leafs ' burned' and bent upwards. I still had some clones so I went on. I tried lots of things, magnesium, iron and flushing the soil( I am growing in a sand soil mix) I read info on the web and magnesium came up everywhere as a possible cause. Finally in the fall I brought in 6 plants from an outdoor site as the plants would have not finished outside. 2 weeks went fine and they started to flower. Then same disaster happened to them(as in the pics posted in this thread) Lights hung 45 cm above but that was still too close, I could not think of the light intensity being the reason. Plants yielded very very crappy an I got prolly less than 2 ounce from 6 plants.

All my efforts failed, killing off most of my material and I was ready to throw in the towel. It was depressing, and still is as I lost money and time and are now broke atm.

However, I found latest info in the "topled" thread: According to smokesara the distance is now "2 foot minimum" distance. I'll already raised the one single lamp I got running above the 7 remaining but damaged mostly defoliated plants and they slowly started to turn healthy. Now after months of depressing times the plants started to grow! :)

It is all about the light distance - the cause for your problems - your and mine plants looks 100% identical, Crawdaddy.

Best of luck to you

ps I created this acct just to tell you this info. I felt very bad seeing you suffer from the same problem

Hi hamp and welcome to :420:

Thanks for all the info and relating your experience means alot cause, as you can tell in this thread, I never came to firm conclusion as to what my problem is. At first I was thinking it was light burn, but no one else seemed to concur. I am thinking that it was part of it, but my soil mix sucked too. I have raised my lights to at/near top of tents and getting much better results. I am thinking the best approach with LED is to initially have the lights high up and let the plants grow to them.

So took a cutting from each of the 4 Blueberry seedlings tonight. I also then chopped all but the 4 top most branches. My plan is to have 4 branches from each plant bud. I will now veg them for another 2-4 weeks and then flower all 4 under DS 200 picking the best one to keep, if any are worthy. These plants are 25 days old today.

Sorry I did not get pictures of all 4, only 2 before and 2 after. I was trying to get this task done and messed up my picture taking o well.
DSCN10447.JPG
DSCN10473.JPG

DSCN10484.JPG
DSCN10468.JPG

Here is the underside of the first fan leaves from #1, this color is a good sign
DSCN10456.JPG

And here they all are in cloner under T5.
DSCN10497.JPG

If i had to rank them now it would be:

#1 or #2
#3 (looks like might be a male, but fem seeds, just not much branching and it tallest)

Hey Chronic, same to you brother....

Harvested the Hawaiian Snow that was under the DS 200 today, pretty nice looking/smelly (fruity) little buds. Excited to see what this plant can do when grown properly. So far I have been failing.

DSCN10503.JPG
DSCN10517.JPG
DSCN10547.JPG
DSCN10557.JPG
DSCN10569.JPG

And a bonus shot of clones took yesterday, looking nice and perky, means they should be ok.
DSCN10574.JPG

and my Hawaiian Snow, Brainstorm, White Widow and Chronic seedlings. the Chronic might get killed not up to snuff so far.
DSCN10584.JPG

Congrats CD...

Back
Top Bottom