Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Good job !!

here is one of mine from summer beans , ive reversed one again a i do like the turn out

P1090998.JPG
P1090999.JPG
P1100006.JPG

Hey noob question about breeding. Say I take some clones and use the CS to turn one to pollinate the other. Once those females are pollenated, are they safe to finish flowering along with non seeded plants or do you still have to keep them separated?

I'd say yes- no problem, if I understand your question right. I just went through the process of spraying one small clone -used it to pollinate the other matching small clone. Threw away the hermied one once I was done with it, and the pollinated one is now in the flowering room with the rest. I suppose before I brought her in there I could have sprayed her with plain water to stop any chance of stray pollen wafting off of her onto the other girls, but I didn't think it was really an issue.

Yep, I put my pollinated plants right into the flower room after a few days of isolation. I DID spray them with some water and even gently wiped a few leaves before moving them, but once the pollen is retracted, they're fine to go into the flower room with un-pollinated plants

Stop the presses!!! We need to quit wasting so much CS :) Check this out. STS directions using 50ppm CS. This girl was only treated twice. I had almost forgotten I had done it. :laughtwo: It started so early it selfed itself :eyebrowsmile:
:Namaste:

Agreed! Exact thing happened to me .
¥Koality¥

I too had this happen. Sprayed a branch with 50 ppm CS for a max of three days and got called out of town for work for a week. Basically I decided to forget it and didn't think about that branch again until I noticed fat, swollen, male sacs all over it about three weeks later. I have not had time to see if this is repeatable, but nice to know others have had a similar experience.

Im not sure what the fears of consuming CS applied weed are since
Ive consumed CS through mouth and inhalator.
The amount you use is minimal and amount you'd absorb, is less than that.
I'd be more worried of consuming unwashed herb than CS.
I now follow Doc Buds' teachings in growing & of washing my produce. :thumb:
Im sure there is worse stuff than CS that people consume when consuming unwashed produce.

-about consuming STS..Silver ThioSulfate which some members showed worked way better and faster than CS, I have no idea, but I would read more about it before consuming it.:Namaste:

Thank you for your answer! I was thinking a similar thing, if CS is used as a natural aid through drink and spray I don't see what would be bad with smoking a bud that came in contact with it a couple times

¥Koality¥

Thank you for your answer! I was thinking a similar thing, if CS is used as a natural aid through drink and spray I don't see what would be bad with smoking a bud that came in contact with it a couple times

¥Koality¥
Anymore, I just pop a seed in a 2 liter pot and spray the entire plant, creating a stunted & pollen laden plant. Then I collect the pollen, pollinate some females, and throw what's left in the compost pile. I have a little 60x60x90cm tent with a small T5 fixture in it perfect for letting a small plant mature. Then you have minimal effort and resources expended on a plant you are not going to smoke. If you wanted it's also easy to create some stunted females to put in the tent with the sprayed plant. You have to adjust your timing so the pollen is ready when the girls are but that isn't difficult. Even a small female can produce hundreds of seeds.

Due to timing issues and poor cloning on my part, I'm spraying only 1 branch of my WW clone and being careful not to get any on the rest of the plant.

I am assuming the rest of the plant is OK to smoke from what I have read, right?

Good to see similar results :thumb:

I'll be trying it again soon with a different strain.

As for smoking the CS. I can't find anything either in regards but the burn point is wayyy higher than we use for smoking. Of course, no one can gain wisdom without having tried said smoking CS treated material.. be it intentionally or.. er uh unintentionally.. yup. :cough: Have no fear. You'll know it when you hit it. :laughtwo:
HS's method is much safer from a flavor perspective to say the very least. IMO, You only really have to worry about contact points. The stuff doesn't telegraph through the plants. It just shuts down the polywhatever's. The results of that can telegraph from time to time. I think we saw it in this thread somewhere earlier. Not sure. Sativa. Even so I doubt it can be washed away.
:Namaste:

Due to timing issues and poor cloning on my part, I'm spraying only 1 branch of my WW clone and being careful not to get any on the rest of the plant.

I am assuming the rest of the plant is OK to smoke from what I have read, right?

it effects locally as to the changes it creates, but if it gets absorbed through the stomata like other foliars do, I would think it eventually(at most a day?)ends up in the root system. Again, Its not alot of silver. 60 parts per million is 60 ping pong balls of yellow mixed in with a million black ones. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom