The DeVille's White Widow & Bubbleicious - 8 Plants Under 2x Mars Pro II 320

good morning deville ya it sucks to have to live like that when all you want to do is grow some simple plants for medicine fortuanately in ca. its legal for now but i have some autos going in the back yard i do my best to keep them out of sight there are still thieves im rambling now!

I found an Amnesia bud in the garage :) High an aeroplane

Preparing my "Airpot-cloning" project. I have cut the 4 bottom rows away from 4 pots and prepared them with soil. Am now preparing R/O water with Canna Rhizotonic. Will pH it to around 6 and then pre-moist the soil with this mixture. Then I will "drill" a little hole in the soil for the stem. Then I will prepare some cloning-gel, sterilize a scalpel and I will take a clone of:

1x Big-Bud - Mother plant - In vegg for 153 days
1x Pure Power Plant - Mother plant - In vegg for 153 days

For these I will take typical hard parts to clone - tops and such with a hard stem. Those are the hardest to root and I want this to be a real test. I will do the procedure as normal, only I think I will use more nodes since there is so much more room in the airpots.

And then we go on to the even harder test:

1x White Widow - In bloom for 25 days
1x Bubbleicious - In bloom for 25 days

When it comes to the flowering plants I won't take the tops :) I'm not insane. I will find something from below the net that would have been removed eventually anyway. I'm not gonna kill any buds

I know others have a good success rate with cloning directly in soil and if it works, the advantage is you can keep it in that medium until you're ready to transplant it. No need for the constant re-potting. I bet they can live for quite a while in the tiny air-pot before the roots will need any pruning. In theory you'll get a clone with perfectly developed root-system you can insert directly into it's final medium. The disadvantage is of course that the final medium needs to be soil as well. This method only makes sense for people who grow in soil.

Will take photos.

But... The cloning-gel is in the main-room and light on is not yet. 4 more hours to wait

I do have a feeling that being in perfect, moist soil filled with perlite and vermiculite will force the clones to develop roots faster than in a rockwool where you depend on spraying them. I will spray them the first couple of days, but after that I want to force them to depend on the soil. It's really fun to do experiments like this. Have no idea if this hypothesis of mine will work out in reality, but there's nothing to lose really but time that would be wasted anyway

I was reading on the back of the Azuz beneficial bacteria from Xtreme garderning. Found this part especially interesting.

azos.jpg

So I'll mix this with my R/O water instead of Canna Rhizotonic. Will instead apply the Rhizotonic as a foliar spray after putting the clones in soil. Cool! Let's see how this bacteria stuff works out :)

Fun fact!
TBSP - A tablespoon - The unit of measurement varies by region: a United States tablespoon is approximately 14.8 ml (0.50 US fl oz), a United Kingdom tablespoon is exactly 15 ml (0.51 US fl oz) and an Australian tablespoon is 20 ml (0.68 US fl oz). The capacity of the utensil (as opposed to the measurement) is not defined by law or custom and bears no particular relation to the measurement.

So I was making room in the Root!t growhouse so I can put the clones I am gonna take later. I discovered that 100% of the clones I took from this grow hav rooted. By the looks of it they all have rooted long time ago, perhaps even more than a week. They had long roots digging deep into the vermiculite. I don't have the habit of checking for roots until I see new growth. I can see sign of new growth on them all as well. This vermiculite method has worked out extremely well for me. Best method so far.

Wonder how the airpot addition will work in there. The soil in itself would perhaps be enough to keep the humidity levels high enough? That remains to be tested.

The two clones I took from the flowering plants a while back did not root yet. But I see they're alive and there is some minor signs of new growth. They will both root as well.

Cool! Really starting to get the hang of cloning

I'm a late subber, but I'll read your journal tonight to get current. I also have a Bubblelicious in bloom now about a month I think. Did you grow BL before, or is this your first round?

Anyone ever wondered why I pixelate reflective surfaces on some of my photos? Otherwise the CSI crowd could be able extract my fucking face out of the friggin reflections if I were not careful enough. So I pixelate the shit out of any surface my face can be extracted from.

I didn't do it to the temperature measure device though :) You can actually see me there, hidden behind a camera. If you're not a legal grower - Try to remember to check your photos for reflective surfaces and other identifying markers. Censor them out before you upload the photos.

Remember the photos you take with your mobile camera will have gps markers giving away your exact location (also applies to several modern cameras). If you want to upload photos, remove such information from the files (420 system does it for you, but not all places do)

You're not paranoid if they're after you for real - and what we're doing is very very illegal in big parts of the world
If you didn't mention it, I don't know if I would have ever noticed!

FIRST ATTEMPT OF CLONING IN SOIL WITH BENEFICIAL BACTERIA IN MODIFIED AIRPOT

AIRPOT MODIFICATION
First I took 4 1L air-pots and cut the 4 bottom rows. Since the bottom tray is supposed to ble put 3 rows from the bottom, I in reality only loose one row. So these pots are now short enough to fit inside my Root!t grow-house and they are still able to hold around 0.75L of soil each.

These Airpots are going to be used for cloning directly in soil without the use of any rooting medium. With this method I hope to be able to soon have 4 plants with perfect root systems. Plants that can be transplanted to my autopot system whenever needed without even giving it a shock. Just remove the walls from the airpot and put the clone into the medium of your choice.

air-clone_01.jpg

air-clone_02.jpg
Airpot modification - 1L to 0.75LThis experiment is really interesting. To make sure it's a real test I made it very hard for myself.

CLONING TEST CANDIDATES
1x Big-Bud - Mother plant - In vegg for 153 days
1x Pure Power Plant - Mother plant - In vegg for 153 days
1x White Widow - In bloom for 25 days
1x Bubbleicious - In bloom for 25 days

aircloner_-_samsung_-_garasje_02.jpg

It's useful to collect everything you need in one place so you don't have to run around with clones looking for things. Time is the essence here. You need to work fast after you make the cut(s)

aircloner_-_samsung_-_bacteria.jpg

Reverse Osmosis water pH'ed to a little bit over 6. Then added 3 tablespoons of beneficial bacteria. Really cloudy stuff. Wouldn't want this in my autopot tubes. I then soaked the soil with this and put the pots away for a few hours.

aircloner_-_samsung_-_drill.jpg

I measured the distance from the top to the bottom-tray on the air-pot. Then made a mark on a long thin screw with a black marker to indicate how deep the hole can maximum be. Screw down almost to the max, then screw back up. If you just rip it up the hole may get to wide or collapse altogether.

aircloner_-_samsung_-_gel.jpg

The screw was also useful to measure how much stem I should keep on the clones. The air-pots are still deeper than a rockwool or most other rooting mediums, so even with the 4 bottom rows cut off, you can have a much longer cutting than normal. More nodes and stem below the ground to get potential roots from.

Here is the candidates after the job was done. I didn't cut the leaves this time. I left them all on there. Check out how many nodes the Pure power plant has. That strain is amazing.

The clones sure look pretty and they didn't wilt anything so far. Put them under a dome after taking these photos. First out are the vegg candidates:

airclone_-_01_-_big-bud.jpg

Big-Bud

airclone_-_02_-_Pure_power_plant.jpg

Pure Power Plant

Then we move on to the flowering candidates. The longer out in flower you get, the harder it becomes to clone. So these two are the real test. I cut off the buds from the clones. They would just rot if I didn't, and hell! I'll smoke them to get an idea what awaits me when I finally harvest

airclone_-_04_-_White_widow.jpg

White Widow

airclone_-_03_-_Bubbleicious.jpg

Bubbleicious

canopy68.jpg

Here's how the canopy looked on the flowering plants when I took the two last clones.

Part 1 of this test is completed. Now we wait....

DeVille

good morning deville,good luck with those clones i have'nt tried cloning really not set up for it but im thinking about trying it so i will watch your grow and learn a thing or two about it that's what is so cool about this site everybody is so friendly and helpful i have already learned a lot from fellow growers like you,anyway hows the grow going have a good one!

My current cloning method has a 100% success rate if you don't count the clones the cats steal and eat :) If you want to try out cloning like right now, I would recommend you go that route as this airpot method is completely experimental and I don't know if it will work at all.

I do notice something weird today though. Usually the clones are looking sad the day after. But these ladies? Nah - they're actually looking happier than their mothers. That's increadible. Now let's see how it continues. I removed most of the vermiculite to lower the humidity. I want them to have to fight to survive this time. I have a hypothesis that they will root faster when in less optimal conditions. My other method is fool-proof and you'll get roots every time. But it indeed takes time - Too much time I believe.

good morning deville,good luck with those clones i have'nt tried cloning really not set up for it but im thinking about trying it so i will watch your grow and learn a thing or two about it that's what is so cool about this site everybody is so friendly and helpful i have already learned a lot from fellow growers like you,anyway hows the grow going have a good one!

After only 13 days, I see the clone I took from a flowering plant has rooted. This is without any rooting gel. The only thing it's been fed is reverse osmosis water with canna rhizotonic. It was the top of a White Widow that broke - A so called accidental clone.

I took another one of the other strain a couple of days later. That one still did not show any roots, but I think they'll be here in a day or two. Also that one was taken without rooting powder, clean scalpel and so on. Both of them were tops that accidentally broke while I was training the plants. So you could say I have two bonus plants here now I that's also re-vegged. Meaning they will grow into bushy monsters.

It seems my cloning method V2 really is idiot-proof. Wonder how my V3 method will turn out. I am quite convinced they'll survive. They're still looking as good as when I took them, maybe even better. The PPP-mother is root-bound, so her clone looks happier than her.

I don't - They make sure to steal them while I'm taking off the dome to give them air. Once one of my cats ate each and every clone. It's ok. I love them and there is an unlimited number of clones to take from the mothers

I'm curious why you let your cat eat your clones?

The auto's are now on day 43. One of them is starting to bud up ok, but the two loveryders are quite pathetic. Hoping they may take off any day, but have my doubts. But think I will get some good smoke from the Jack Herer. That one smells real good. Doubt I'll get more than 25-30 grams though. Didn't really have the room in the tent to train them. So it is what it is. Will be fun to smoke the Jack in about 20 days if the advertising is true.

The auto's are now on day 43. One of them is starting to bud up ok, but the two loveryders are quite pathetic. Hoping they may take off any day, but have my doubts. But think I will get some good smoke from the Jack Herer. That one smells real good. Doubt I'll get more than 25-30 grams though. Didn't really have the room in the tent to train them. So it is what it is. Will be fun to smoke the Jack in about 20 days if the advertising is true.

How much would you prefer to get? Is that what you are thinking for each plant or overall?

Back
Top Bottom