DNA Lemon Skunk Hempy Grow

Sucks to have to do a return run, especially this time of year. At least the problem is only on the lcd not the pics.

There's a bit of a learning curve on some of these digitals, so many functions built in. I'm still trying to find a white balance setting for my 288w pics that looks natural. Flash pics will have to do for now.

Sucks to have to do a return run, especially this time of year. At least the problem is only on the lcd not the pics.

There's a bit of a learning curve on some of these digitals, so many functions built in. I'm still trying to find a white balance setting for my 288w pics that looks natural. Flash pics will have to do for now.

Yup, that's why I'm going to use it untill after the first or January. I can't find the same settings, I'll do better at reading the manual.

Well, I have flowers forming on my LS which is in its 18th day of 12/12.

019127.JPG
020125.JPG
021132.JPG

Temps just around the top of the canopy and light is 5" away!
023106.JPG
02493.JPG

My two LS clones
02596.JPG

Nice pistils. I think I can get a clone of the LS, when I get some room.

That's a cool runnin setup sisco. Temps are good but seems pretty close. I dunno hps, just seems close.

Hey Mmmmick, I dunno hps either :grinjoint: I thought as long as it aint burning anything...why not?

Who should I ask? :reading420magazine:..:scratchinghead:...:idea:...I know! I'll look it up in the FAQ

OK just posted a new thread in the FAQ about it. Now I'll go google and see what I find.

I have been kind of wondering it myself Mmmmick, but you asking got me thinking that maybe I'm just too used to growing under CFL light.

By the way I should post this before I forget:

I gave my LS a dose of Tiger Bloom 2 tsp., water ph @ around 6.4.... I tried to get it just a little bit higher than when I was feeding them with Grow big. I've heard a few mention that it is a good idea. I'll see what that does.

I also should tell you, even though I'm embarassed to say, that I stuck another 233 watts of lights over the girls. CFL's 4 x 42 watt and one 65 watt. There was a dark spot, I swear.

I should have gotten a 600, waaaahhhh!

OH, I also Fucked up by super crapping my Rock lock a little too much. I snapped off a Cola, completely! It's in a cup with water. Why do I always have to fuck around with shit when there is no need?

So that's it for now.

Thanks for dropping in Mmmmick.

ya know I was just a little concerned that there might be a little UV or something that might burn or bleach tops.

Better safe than sorry man, I'd hate to see yer tops get crispy.

Heheh more lumens, please. If you got the 600 you'd still put the cfl's in but you'd have heat problems. (murphy's law)

I hate that sick feeling...when you realize you just went a little too far.

Thanks for having me. in, that is. :grinjoint:

ya know I was just a little concerned that there might be a little UV or something that might burn or bleach tops.

Better safe than sorry man, I'd hate to see yer tops get crispy.

Heheh more lumens, please. If you got the 600 you'd still put the cfl's in but you'd have heat problems. (murphy's law)

I hate that sick feeling...when you realize you just went a little too far.

Thanks for having me. in, that is. :grinjoint:

You were right, I should never have doubted you.. Wait, I never did.

I found this usefull peice of info.

Par_Graph_HPS.gif

So, I'm now about 12" away at the "sweet spot" :thanks::yahoo::peace:

I was giving them 300% power!

Yeah! More CFLs. A man after my heart! The more the merrier! :)

Where was the dark spot? The new Camera....bummer! :smokin:

All looks good! Except whacking a cola! Leave the stuff alone already! :)

I do it too! So does Mmmmick, no matter what he tells you! :yahoo:

Just had a feeling about grandma! :peace:

I read about camera settings in a journal somewhere... oh wait it was sisco's! What a stoner.

Here's from Lil Neutrino's journal

I posted the following in siscokid's journal as a tip to reduce the yellow tint that so many people have in their flowering pics and show the subject material in a more natural color...figured I'd post it here too.

Depending on the model and if it supports the following ability I have a tip for everyone who take yellow-tinted pics due to the flowering lights (yellow isn't my favorite color haha)...all mine are taken under 2700K CFL's with a Canon S3 IS Power Shot (it's about 3 years old) as well but you'd never know it from my pics

A lot of people aren't too keen on taking pics on a mode other than "auto" but it's worth playing around, after all it's not like the old days when you had to pay to develop film if you didn't know someone with a dark room lol.

Here's how it works on my camera, yours may be similar:

I set my camera to "Program" mode (not sure why it's called that), it's basically "Auto" but allows me to use my macro and super macro settings as well as tweak white balance, exposure, flash delay, and a few other things. Basically gives me control over everything except the F-stop and the shutter speed. But I digress...specifically pay attention to the white balance setting.

Find your "White Balance" settings option in your camera menu and set it to "Manual", don't use any of the presets especially if you are at home! The colors may look all funky through the viewfinder but that's because you need to calibrate it. It's really easy, all you need to do is find something white, point your camera at it so it fills most of the viewfinder, press the "Set" button or whatever your camera requires, and PRESTO! Now your camera knows what white is supposed to look like and adjusts its internal settings to compensate. You may need to check your manual for specific instructions for your camera but that's it in a nutshell, hope it made sense.

Now next time you take pics under your flowering lights bring a white sheet of paper with you (or a T-shirt, I often wear a white t-shirt while hiking just for that purpose lol, or anything that is white) and set your white balance under the grow lights. When you take your pics they should show up without the yellow-tint and more true to what they would look like under "regular" lighting.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to explain it better, kind of rushing as dinner is ready :p I think I'll post this in a new thread in another subforum as well for those who aren't reading this journal or siscokid's.

High Sisco, out cruising, and your place was on the way :) Looks good in the jungle :thumb:

And reps (if I can) for that chart. PAR knowledge is where it's at :grinjoint:

:peace:

And, I have 2 of those Springfield/ Wall Mort thermo/rh meters... they don't read the same (either measurement) as each other, or the same as the Acurites I have, matter of fact, they all read differently, and the Springfields read anywhere from 5-10% different on the RH... for whatever that's worth.

High Sisco, out cruising, and your place was on the way :) Looks good in the jungle :thumb:

And, I have 2 of those Springfield/ Wall Mort thermo/rh meters... they don't read the same (either measurement) as each other, or the same as the Acurites I have, matter of fact, they all read differently, and the Springfields read anywhere from 5-10% different on the RH... for whatever that's worth.

I have that walmart one too, can't beat the price but I don't trust the RH. It fluctuates very quickly and seems consistently low. RH is about 70 here outside right now, and in my warm humid room it reads 40-50?

I have that walmart one too, can't beat the price but I don't trust the RH. It fluctuates very quickly and seems consistently low. RH is about 70 here outside right now, and in my warm humid room it reads 40-50?

Warm air hold more water than cool air.....so heating a room will lower RH, all other factors being equal.

However, as the temperature drop when the lights go out, the RH will climb rapidly and you may see some 'dew' forming. It's all a function of temperature.

If you want to reduce the amount of water vapor in the air, you must get a dehumidifier!

Yeah! More CFLs. A man after my heart! The more the merrier! :)

Where was the dark spot? The new Camera....bummer! :smokin:

All looks good! Except whacking a cola! Leave the stuff alone already! :)

I do it too! So does Mmmmick, no matter what he tells you! :yahoo:

Just had a feeling about grandma! :peace:
Hi Uncle, I had a dark spot off the filter side of the grow, my Papaya was in the shade.

I have a spot that is darker off the left corner, I thought it was a smudge on the lense. I'm gonna use our warranty to get it replaced.

I know, now to leave well enough alone.. no more super-crapping!

Thank you for visiting :)

Oh hell yeah! :yahoo:

Thanks for putting the chart up, couldn't have been better timing:) I just set mine at 20" The booklet that came with the light says 12-36"

Glad it helped you out 52, did you keep it at 20"? I'll check you out later. Need to get out of the house to run some errands.

I read about camera settings in a journal somewhere... oh wait it was sisco's! What a stoner.

Here's from Lil Neutrino's journal

I posted the following in siscokid's journal as a tip to reduce the yellow tint that so many people have in their flowering pics and show the subject material in a more natural color...figured I'd post it here too.

Depending on the model and if it supports the following ability I have a tip for everyone who take yellow-tinted pics due to the flowering lights (yellow isn't my favorite color haha)...all mine are taken under 2700K CFL's with a Canon S3 IS Power Shot (it's about 3 years old) as well but you'd never know it from my pics

A lot of people aren't too keen on taking pics on a mode other than "auto" but it's worth playing around, after all it's not like the old days when you had to pay to develop film if you didn't know someone with a dark room lol.

Here's how it works on my camera, yours may be similar:

I set my camera to "Program" mode (not sure why it's called that), it's basically "Auto" but allows me to use my macro and super macro settings as well as tweak white balance, exposure, flash delay, and a few other things. Basically gives me control over everything except the F-stop and the shutter speed. But I digress...specifically pay attention to the white balance setting.

Find your "White Balance" settings option in your camera menu and set it to "Manual", don't use any of the presets especially if you are at home! The colors may look all funky through the viewfinder but that's because you need to calibrate it. It's really easy, all you need to do is find something white, point your camera at it so it fills most of the viewfinder, press the "Set" button or whatever your camera requires, and PRESTO! Now your camera knows what white is supposed to look like and adjusts its internal settings to compensate. You may need to check your manual for specific instructions for your camera but that's it in a nutshell, hope it made sense.

Now next time you take pics under your flowering lights bring a white sheet of paper with you (or a T-shirt, I often wear a white t-shirt while hiking just for that purpose lol, or anything that is white) and set your white balance under the grow lights. When you take your pics they should show up without the yellow-tint and more true to what they would look like under "regular" lighting.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to explain it better, kind of rushing as dinner is ready :p I think I'll post this in a new thread in another subforum as well for those who aren't reading this journal or siscokid's.
Yeah, I remeber Lil N, he put out that info. after the last time I asked on how to do the same thing...:reading420magazine: I sort of forgot about that.:thanks:

Thank you my Amigo Horse!

This morning as I was checking my clones I found that I may have added too much water to my Root riot plugs, One was black and slimey and another had furry white mold growing on it.

I may have to take some cuttings this evening and trash all my existing clones for the sake of the grow.

Dang ROOKIE!

So What sort of Temp. Gauge thingy should I be looking around for?

Thats a handy chart sisco. Good find.

yeah, I'm glad you sorted that out. Nothing worse than crispy tops, especially when they look so good.

Don't listen to OMM, I NEVER touch my buds, he must be thinking of some other Mmmmick. heheh oh ok, I'm doing better staying away than I once did. It's tough to not stroke them a little but I remember the first time I put a scope on one of my tops and didn't see anything but stalks when I saw the trichs. It was a sad day, but I'm much better now.

Well, that's it for my new Camera... It was stolen! I can't beleive it either. I took my daughter to her Ballet class and put my camera down to get her coat on. I forgot to pick it up off the table and left. Half hour later I got home and realized what I done.

My wife works a few blocks away, I called her ant told her, she left in a hurry and it was gone. I could be in trouble now. Pictures and videos on the damn thing can put me away. I feel so angry and sick.

Sorry all, but I have to cut the journal now... No camera, no pics, no journal. All my fault. Just hope nothing happens. :peace:

Well, that's it for my new Camera... It was stolen! I can't beleive it either. I took my daughter to her Ballet class and put my camera down to get her coat on. I forgot to pick it up off the table and left. Half hour later I got home and realized what I done.

My wife works a few blocks away, I called her ant told her, she left in a hurry and it was gone. I could be in trouble now. Pictures and videos on the damn thing can put me away. I feel so angry and sick.

Sorry all, but I have to cut the journal now... No camera, no pics, no journal. All my fault. Just hope nothing happens. :peace:

Ahh that sucks man, sorry to hear it. I just got caught up on this sob too. Hopefully that cam turns up or at the very least..no negative consequences.
Bad karma goes around and whoever stole it is sure to get theirs.

Best wishes man,

Marley

Wow that sucks sisco sorry to hear it.

I hate to say it but I think you should probably pull or move your grow. Nothing on the camera can get you busted but the grow sure could. And it probably wouldn't be that hard to figure out who's camera it was... is it a big class? Can they identify you by any pics or vids?

It sucks but sometimes it's best to cut your losses. Losing the camera is bad but getting busted could be a catastrophe.

Hope you don't mind the above but I have your best interests in mind. Good luck my friend.

More than likely picked up by a child. But will end up in the hands of a Mom.....:sorry:... does your daughter know what it looks like? does she know you left it there? I picture the teacher saying , we found this camera.... also your wife was there looking for it...asking around??? if it comes around to you... I would say... "it's my brothers camera, I just borrowed it" :)

Thats some rough chit sisco. sorry you've got to shut down but I don't see many options.

I live alone, might be tempted to toss everything weed related and plant spinach for a few crops, but not with family in-house.

hopin for the best news possible, when you can.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom