Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am facing the same in my state of Michigan....medical MJ legal since 2008, as a caregiver I can grow 72 plants and I gift my patients 1/2 oz per month.....we supply all the dispensaries the MJ to serve the communities...the MI sheriff department wants to eliminate the entire medical program, institute licensing fees to grow, let the po po come into all grow facilities, etc.....my patients are used to my high brix organic and washed bud grows...who knows what they get in the dispensaries.....I am going to have to move to the best state with laws that suit me in the end....how can these assholes get away with this....I am very very upset to no end....words cannot describe.....

Oh man. Unbelievable, yet maddeningly believable. You are a King among men Doc. Thanks for what you do and best wishes moving forward, wherever that may be.

Hey, on the topic of growing, when spraying foliars, do you recommend spraying them the day of water/drench? the day after? or the day before?

In my last 2 kit grows I mostly settled on spraying foliars the day after watering/drenching. Just seemed to make sense. But...has anyone specifically tried spraying them ONLY on the day before you might water? I'm wondering if that might encourage some sort of increase root exudates BEFORE the availability of other stuff (like transplant or growth energy)?

Imma do it. :cool:

Hey, on the topic of growing, when spraying foliars, do you recommend spraying them the day of water/drench? the day after? or the day before?

In my last 2 kit grows I mostly settled on spraying foliars the day after watering/drenching. Just seemed to make sense. But...has anyone specifically tried spraying them ONLY on the day before you might water? I'm wondering if that might encourage some sort of increase root exudates BEFORE the availability of other stuff (like transplant or growth energy)?

Hey Gov. top of the day to ya brotha! Ya , with the foliers, i find it best to do it a day or two after their drinks, when the soil has some moisture in it. others may and prolly will say different , but that's when i spray. cheers bud!

Bad shot of one of those thc auto bombs I'm growing that I recently told you about, Doc.

Finishing second week of bloom, frosty mcfrost. Happy I didn't cull her...

20160129_090340.jpg

This is one of those little things that seems to make a good deal of difference. After trying various ways, I've come to the conclusion that foliar feeding 2 days before watering is needed seems to work the best. There is still a great benefit from doing it at other times, which is sometimes needed if you're going away for a couple days, etc. But there is a boost doing it as the soil is drying out.

I notice the plants suck up the water much faster when I do this when I fill the saucers.

I gotta get some pics! Tomorrow hopefully.

Yes that would allow the root exudes (prompted by the Brix spray) to be exuded in an environment that would allow for a higher ratio of exudes due to less moisture in the soil. Therefore the exudes would be delivered to the soil food web in a more concentrated dose?

Does this make sense to you Doc?:thanks:

The clones are going to live in those 1 gallon pots for 3-6 weeks, depending. Perhaps 20% of them are culled as they outgrow the 1 gallon pots before I have space for them in bloom. Pruning and good root soaking is the key.

I treat sugar leaves exactly like I treat flowers. Put them in a jar and let them cure. I roll joints with them. 90% of what I smoke is sugar leaf.

Out of curiosity, why Doc?

Out of curiosity, why Doc?

I'm not sure which part of the post you're asking "why" to so:

I usually cull plants because they're too large to put into bloom in 7 gallons pots or I don't have room for them, which is more often the case. I usually make 1.5 to 2x more clones than I intend to veg, and I usually veg 30% more plants than I intend to bloom. When everything is in full production I replace a harvested plant with a vegged plant simultaneously or the next day at the latest. My version of a perpetual garden is a full bloom area at all times. I can only do that by having a surplus of vegged plants at various stages so that I have some ready to bloom at the time of harvest.....hence culling.

As far as smoking sugar leaves, I find the high to be much better. I do smoke flowers, especially when they're ready to go in the jar and when they're in the jar a couple weeks. I always sample them, but my daily enjoyment is sugar leaves....and I only leave perfect, resin covered leaves on the plants, which are then washed and dried. The sugar leaves come off at time of final manicure and it is those leaves i enjoy so much.

Your actual mileage may vary.

It depends. The first plant harvested leaves one spot, so I replace in the same place. I usually start at one end of the tray and harvest my way to the other end over a week.

Would moving a plant during bloom slow the blooming much by taking away energy from blooming to position the leaves closer to light??
Im wondering if this helped cause some foxtailing on my current, hopefully soon to chop, Purple Malawi. I moved the plant into the footprint of her awesome sister :)

-im also learning i have to keep my buds /colas vertical and not let them bend too much...

Would moving a plant during bloom slow the blooming much by taking away energy from blooming to position the leaves closer to light??
Im wondering if this helped cause some foxtailing on my current, hopefully soon to chop, Purple Malawi. I moved the plant into the footprint of her awesome sister :)

-im also learning i have to keep my buds /colas vertical and not let them bend too much...

Ya Ziggs....when they start to go horizontal , like at the end or because of being heavy, that's when you'le get alot of foxtailing , just cuz the clusters are not finished forming yet but will naturally shoot towards the light, causing the "foxtail" look. Cheers bud!

Hey Doc,

Quick question: Should I Cat drench her tomorrow? She's about ready for water.

I realized I've been heavily feeding GE to this Afghani (almost twice as much as I should have been),--it's now in week 5. Starting to see some crispy leaves, the leaf-tips curling down--I was about to give her the first Cat drench, but am now worried that might be too much for her right now. Last thing she had was 1Tbs of Epsoms mixed with .5 gal of water slowly sprinkled down the top (yesterday). Also Destressed yesterday, and brixed today right after taking this photo. The close-up is the worst looking cola (leaf-wise).

Week_5_afghani_top_shot.JPG
Week_5_Afghani.JPG

Hey Doc,

Quick question: Should I Cat drench her tomorrow? She's about ready for water.

I realized I've been heavily feeding GE to this Afghani (almost twice as much as I should have been),--it's now in week 5. Starting to see some crispy leaves, the leaf-tips curling down--I was about to give her the first Cat drench, but am now worried that might be too much for her right now. Last thing she had was 1Tbs of Epsoms mixed with .5 gal of water slowly sprinkled down the top (yesterday). Also Destressed yesterday, and brixed today right after taking this photo. The close-up is the worst looking cola (leaf-wise).

Week_5_afghani_top_shot.JPG
Week_5_Afghani.JPG

Skip the Cat Drench this time. You're already past the optimal time for it and it would probably burn them given the info you provided. Transplant and GE from here on out. The harvest will be fantastic and sweet, and next time when you do the Cat Drench you'll see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom