Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, I was a day late getting back to Co to feed my girls which are in late flower. Will them drying out a day have any kind of adverse affect in the end? They appear fine, just a bit droopy. DeStress in order ya think? The Dinachem will come down this weekend anyway. The other 2 are rare darkness and moonshine ghost train which have about 2 and 3 weeks respectively

Man Doc I dunno whats in that new addition to brix but I came home today and my whole upstairs REAKS!!! :thumb: My Tikal was in that post CD slightly stalled state so I hit her with that last night and gave her about 20ml GE (she's in a 25gal pot) and some tea and the smell was like a punch in the face when I walked in the room tonight :party:

Man Doc I dunno whats in that new addition to brix but I came home today and my whole upstairs REAKS!!! :thumb: My Tikal was in that post CD slightly stalled state so I hit her with that last night and gave her about 20ml GE (she's in a 25gal pot) and some tea and the smell was like a punch in the face when I walked in the room tonight :party:

Did you get some WayAhead? Other than that, no changes to Brix, perhaps your timing was perfect.

Did you get some WayAhead? Other than that, no changes to Brix, perhaps your timing was perfect.

I was going to ask as well, but for a different reason. First off, my plants are simply rocking along. I've been drenching a little heavier than I had in the past which I've learned was marginally low, and they continue to thrive; However, after their first brix spray on these plants, they've developed some rust-colored spots on the leaves. It seems that's what happened in my last round too (an unusually harsh reaction to brix feedings) and cause my leaves to go crispy. Well, they looked worse than they felt and didn't die...just looked fugly as hell.

So, for their first dose, I mixed it 1/4 strength (7 drops to an ounce of RO in an atomizer). I didn't even use it all. Maybe half of it on 4 plants, and these rusty looking spots showed prominently on some bigger fans on three of them.

rust1.jpg

Any ideas? is my brix stale or bad (it's almost 2 years now)?

:cool:

p.s. I didn't add any WA10X. Was holding that until mid-flower.

Shit works, eh?

It certainly didn't hurt. My plants usually get a nice burst of smell the day after Brix when they are flowering. It's usually nothing my filter can't handle but today the entire room smelled. My tent is scrubbed and then exhausted to outside of the grow room at a high rate compared to room size so the room itself usually doesn't smell at all. Today was like walking into a wall of tropical herby goodness though, the wife wanted to know if my filter had broken :high-five:

So here is my dilemma. I have a brix kit coming, i also have beans waiting to be popped. Looking for a option on growing the plants some while my soil is cooking. This is legit, yes? This would put my plants in brix soil by end of Feb.

Ive done it and they turned out fine! I always start in solo cups tho

I have rockwoll cubes and small dome. I'll start in cubes and then move to other medium. Could these ladies chill in the pro-mix for a week or 2 while brix soil is cooking? Just some water? Thought I read pro-mix by itself wasn't so nutritious.

Id wait to get the kit and mix in some ROOTS! and ewc with the promix then plant. I cant tell you how much because I don't know the details of your grow

I'd throw those beans in some plain Promix HP and let them get going while your soil cooks. Rockwool isn't going to help you or the seeds any. Just my $0.02.

@Gov-
That looks like Brix burn from it puddling up along the edge of the leaves. Is that possible? Maybe it was sprayed on a little too heavily and it accumulated there. ???

How heavily do you guys spray your brix onto your plants? I do a super light misting of the whole plant, that's about it.

I am able to do a very light misting when the plants are small but the sprayer is small. By the time they hit the 7 gal pots, I typically use a different sprayer and it can lay the stuff on a little too heavy. I try to get the undersides really well, then go over the top lightly. In my last journal pictures, the four plants took 4 oz. total.

I use about 12 ounces of Brix spray to cover 8 plants in a 4x4. :cheesygrinsmiley: I agree with Major - the rust is from Brix lingering on the edges too long without evaporating or getting absorbed - no big deal. The foliars are fairly acidic to help with absorption.

I also agree with starting them in cups of straight Pro-Mix. The cooking soil undergoes chemical reactions that are toxic to roots, but that has usually finished after a couple weeks. I've upcanned into 3 week old soil with no issues, if you have to push it. The biota will continue to populate in the pots.

:Namaste:

How heavily do you guys spray your brix onto your plants? I do a super light misting of the whole plant, that's about it.

Yep, that's just it. I don't think I can spray any weaker or any less. I sprayed them with brix ONCE. I have a 1 oz atomizer and a 2 oz atomizer. One is for destress, one for brix.

~33 drops = 1 liquid ounce (accordingly 16 drops = 1/2 strength, 8 drops = 1/4 strength)

I put 8 drops in the bottle and put 3x 10ml syringes RO to fill and top off. I then spray about 3-4 pumps on each plant. I agree it looks like puddle burns, but really? Last round I used 12-15 drops (equivalent to 1/2 strength) and had leaf burn from the start of foliars. I'd gently shake the plants to let any excess shake off and usually would even remove them from direct light for a few minutes as a precaution. I don't know.

That is a bit odd. I spray mine with 1/2 strength (2.0 ml in 4 oz of water) and throw them right back under my HPS and LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom