Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I decided to include some pics with the hope that it will help others (and maybe identify exactly what I've got).

PotChimp, if you're out there, does this look like what your fighting?

image18857.jpeg
image18859.jpeg

The above photos show how the leaves curl sideways. Note on the one how the one side of the leaflet is malformed. It appears to me that this malformation causes the curvature in the leaflet. Note the color diff In the one. Also, the yellow vein is a marker for TMV.

image18860.jpeg
image18858.jpeg

These photos show the "crinklelyness. (Is that a word?��) that many of the leaves have, along with a mottled (light and/or dark) splotches/patterns on the leaves.

image18855.jpeg

This doesn't show real well, but a lot of the new growth is small, wrinkled and twisted.

image18856.jpeg

An over shot of the plant. Lots of growth, same size as her siblings, drinking slightly less water (the leaves overall are smaller on this plant than her sisters.

Anyone else out there seeing this weirdness?

That's exactly what we had going on. Didn't seperate it from the rest since to our understanding it isn't contagious. Oh and it wasn't a kit plant at the time when it happened.

So you're saying that you kept the plant in the grow room with the rest of the ladies and didn't have any contamination of the other plants? My understanding was that tmv could spread by plants touching one another, my touching a healthy plant after handling the infected one, etc.

So you're saying that you kept the plant in the grow room with the rest of the ladies and didn't have any contamination of the other plants? My understanding was that tmv could spread by plants touching one another, my touching a healthy plant after handling the infected one, etc.
We didn't have a single issue other than looks of the plant and slowed growth. Once it was put into flower it did just fine. It didn't spread that I could tell. I would get other opinions first though as we could have gotten lucky. But it was jam packed in the flower room and it was touching others.

From Penn State Extension:

TMV can multiply only inside a living cell but it can survive in a dormant state in dead tissue, retaining its ability to infect growing plants for years after the infected plant part died. Most other viruses die when the plant tissue dies.

The most important way that TMV can be spread from plant to plant is on workers' hands, clothing or on tools. This is called 'mechanical' transmission. When plants are handled, the tiny leaf hairs and some of the outer cells inevitably are damaged slightly and leak sap onto tools, hands, and clothing. If the sap contains TMV, it can be introduced into other plants when those come in contact with this sap. Sucking insects such as aphids do not spread TMV. Chewing insects such as grasshoppers and caterpillars occasionally spread the virus but are usually not important in spread. Vegetative propagation perpetuates TMV and other virus diseases. Cuttings taken from an infected plant usually are infected even if no symptoms are immediately exhibited by the cutting. The virus particles are found in all parts of the plant except the few cells at the tips of the growing points.

Question on plant started in 2 gal plain soil potted up to 6 gal with kit soil. (2 gal old soil plus 4 gal kit soil)
How long should I wait for roots to fill new soil before flipping? Also, should I be doing anything differently with drenches? or timing of Cat drench?

This her on 11/13, 10 days after repotting. On 11/3 she got dusting with Roots and Transplant water, and had 2 Destress sprays and 1 Brix spray. She has not had a drench since then.
Incidentally she is 160+ days old. Severely stunted (3" and 3rd leaves at 60 days) and over-crowded under limited light for over a month. So she's experienced some stress including nute deficiencies and mite attacks. But she's taking off again now. Strain is Hash Bomb. Training style started out as experiment with modified flux, but now is more just extreme LST (loving the irony there).
20161112_150437.jpg
20161112_150305.jpg

These are pics from 11/3 when I repotted. Old soil is mostly bark, so water drained too quickly and didn't hold nutes. Leaves were heavily yellowed by deficiencies and mites, although she was already starting to grow better after getting own light and better watering/feeding. But I doubt she would've put on the growth she has (above photos after pruning and thinning) in the old soil.
20161102_203622.jpg
20161102_195722.jpg
20161102_204550.jpg

Thanks. :thanks:

Question on plant started in 2 gal plain soil potted up to 6 gal with kit soil. (2 gal old soil plus 4 gal kit soil)
How long should I wait for roots to fill new soil before flipping? Also, should I be doing anything differently with drenches? or timing of Cat drench?

This her on 11/13, 10 days after repotting. On 11/3 she got dusting with Roots and Transplant water, and had 2 Destress sprays and 1 Brix spray. She has not had a drench since then.
Incidentally she is 160+ days old. Severely stunted (3" and 3rd leaves at 60 days) and over-crowded under limited light for over a month. So she's experienced some stress including nute deficiencies and mite attacks. But she's taking off again now. Strain is Hash Bomb. Training style started out as experiment with modified flux, but now is more just extreme LST (loving the irony there).
20161112_150437.jpg
20161112_150305.jpg

These are pics from 11/3 when I repotted. Old soil is mostly bark, so water drained too quickly and didn't hold nutes. Leaves were heavily yellowed by deficiencies and mites, although she was already starting to grow better after getting own light and better watering/feeding. But I doubt she would've put on the growth she has (above photos after pruning and thinning) in the old soil.
20161102_203622.jpg
20161102_195722.jpg
20161102_204550.jpg

Thanks. :thanks:

Not had a drench? Why not? If you have kit soil, you gotta feed that soil bro. Try a couple of handfuls of ewc and 10 mils of transplant with 1 mil of tea. Dont spray DeStress for a bit. When your new growth looks good, hit her with brix, and DONT SOAK THE DANG LEAVES!!! Dont flip a sickly plant bro, get her thriving first :)

Sounds like you just transplanted into a bigger pot with 4 gal's. of "kit" soil in it, correct KR?

Correct, just a bigger pot with 4 gal of kit soil added. Same 2 gal root ball at center. I also top dressed with EWC.

Not had a drench? Why not? If you have kit soil, you gotta feed that soil bro. Try a couple of handfuls of ewc and 10 mils of transplant with 1 mil of tea. Dont spray DeStress for a bit. When your new growth looks good, hit her with brix, and DONT SOAK THE DANG LEAVES!!! Dont flip a sickly plant bro, get her thriving first

Reason she hasn't had a drench since repotting (when I drenched with transplant) is that she hasn't dried out yet. Also the bottom pics are the 'before' shots. Top pics are what she looks like now. New leaves are all green.

Not planning to flip her now, planning to wait until she has full root system in kit soil. My goal is to get her roots in balance with her top. As I understand instructions I need to let her dry completely to encourage roots. I gave Brix spray yesterday and she will be ready for drench with GE this weekend, with Destress and Brix sprays next week. So my question is do I just follow kit instructions or do anything extra for the roots?

Correct, just a bigger pot with 4 gal of kit soil added. Same 2 gal root ball at center. I also top dressed with EWC.

Reason she hasn't had a drench since repotting (when I drenched with transplant) is that she hasn't dried out yet. Also the bottom pics are the 'before' shots. Top pics are what she looks like now. New leaves are all green.

Not planning to flip her now, planning to wait until she has full root system in kit soil. My goal is to get her roots in balance with her top. As I understand instructions I need to let her dry completely to encourage roots. I gave Brix spray yesterday and she will be ready for drench with GE this weekend, with Destress and Brix sprays next week. So my question is do I just follow kit instructions or do anything extra for the roots?

Well then, that's a different story! Lol
Just follow the directions dude. I'd do a lil pruning if you think the root system needs to catch up. Gives you a good chance to get rid of all the larf too. If youre gonna do GE next, I'd wait until she's about to get transplant to flip her, by then her roots should be just fine :)

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The fact that you brought her back from this is impressive. Makes me think I could have saved my ladies in my last attempt. Great work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back from Vegas,

One of the highlights was getting the Paki tested. 32.5% THC. I'll post the test result soon.

It was the highest test done the entire 3 days. Pakalolo Hawaii, and SLOtown805 were there with me. Pakololo had rolled a joint with my Paki earlier, and just pinched out enough to test....and BAM. Record reading.

High Brix is cool.

Welcome back, but I am jealous.

:drool:

Back from Vegas,

One of the highlights was getting the Paki tested. 32.5% THC. I'll post the test result soon.

It was the highest test done the entire 3 days. Pakalolo Hawaii, and SLOtown805 were there with me. Pakololo had rolled a joint with my Paki earlier, and just pinched out enough to test....and BAM. Record reading.

High Brix is cool.

Saw that on IG Doc! That's pretty fn awesome bro! Looks like she really is a keeper huh lol :)

Magic weed

Saw the vid on the IG.
Well done!
:thumb:
Back from Vegas,

High Brix is cool.

Sounds like you didn't wash all the goodness from your buds. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom