Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hilarious! I just went to check out docs vids yesterday cause i saw a post here that said guys were talking trash... I told one guy that was dissing it: "you gotta try it before you knock it. No way are these guys sloppy or messy. Just look at those plants... they dont lie. It does work great and the smoke is amazing when washed. But if you wanna smoke dander, dust, hair, and whatever you put on your plants go ahead. Just more good smoke for us" HaHa he replied... well crap I can't find his message but it was alone these line..." What do you know @bubsjunk go back to taking pictures of your cat" Or something equally lame.. ugh people...

Let them be, don't waste your time...some of those people will no doubt slither our way sooner rather than later...then we will all have the last smile:) I simply can't visit there...no patience for stupidity or meanness. Have an awesome night everyone....:circle-of-love:

Let them be, don't waste your time...some of those people will no doubt slither our way sooner rather than later...then we will all have the last smile:) I simply can't visit there...no patience for stupidity or meanness. Have an awesome night everyone....:circle-of-love:

Yes sir, and they obviously dont wanna be swayed. I was trying to be nice and just get him to try it. But yea they are pretty mean, hell I have read every single post here, stay up to date and I can't even afford to buy the kit yet. I just love knowing how its done and seeing the comradery here and the always positive atmosphere you guys have created is just too awesome to pass up. Thank you everyone, just for being so forthcoming and kind with your information delivery. :thanks:

I have more to add to the recent seed chat. I am a just about 4 days of planting some seeds. All 3 are still just chillin, no movement yet. Soil at the top of the pot is getting dry, the seeds aren't too far below. The soil is still watered well, I just don't want a dry spill to get too deep and cause problems. Is it kosher to lightly mist the soil during a 10 day duration of seed popping? I'm trying to learn patience, its hard!

Well then maybe I chose wrong this time. I have an Ace Panama and an Ace Peyote Purple rolling right now. But we'll see. I definitely could use a good sleep one and I The the purp will handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The ACE Panama I grew (phenos mostly were pink/red) is more relaxing compared to the 'green' pheno..:)

You are in amazing company that will assist you :circle-of-love:

Hello Doc,

I want to thank you and the high brix crew and introduce myself. I've chosen the digimoniker of Terp McGirt and I have been out of the gardening game for over 10 years. I had always focused on hydroponics but felt drawn to study soil grows for my return. The bug recently bit me again and I had been scouring 420mag to see what new techniques have been developed. I started seeing blackstrap molasses in journals and people referencing "high brix" which I'd never heard of. I started down the rabbit hole of feeding the soil and here I am months later completely obsessed with microbes! Again, thank you all. You know how you can sense when you're on the right path in life? That's how I feel on this high brix path of learning.

Sorry about the rambling wall of text. I am generally not much of a participant in digital life, but the knowledge I've already gleaned from these forums necessitates my involvement. I am getting my ducks in a row to return to the garden and I have chosen to use your kit. I just joined 420mag and shudder at how long it would take me to make 50 posts if I am not doing a journal. Any chance you could pm me information on joining the movement?

I look forward to continuing my study of the hb crews' journals. They are very inspiring and I am impressed at the generosity shown in spreading the knowledge to us all.

Thank you all for this gift and I hope I can add to your community.

Terp McGirt

Terp..
:welcome: to :420: :)

as you know you picked a winner of a place and thread and grow style!!

:high-five:

I have more to add to the recent seed chat. I am a just about 4 days of planting some seeds. All 3 are still just chillin, no movement yet. Soil at the top of the pot is getting dry, the seeds aren't too far below. The soil is still watered well, I just don't want a dry spill to get too deep and cause problems. Is it kosher to lightly mist the soil during a 10 day duration of seed popping? I'm trying to learn patience, its hard!

You want to keep the seed husk and the soil around it nice and wet, but not the rest of the soil, and many people screw that up. The root doesn't need anything - it's only the husk itself and the soil touching it that needs the help. The best way to do that safely, is to dribble a few drops right over the place you planted the seed. I'm talking less than ten drops, just a little dribble. Just enough to keep that small area wet. If you mist the top of the soil, you're adding water to places that don't need it. Once that root starts, it only wants some warm moist soil - not wet. That soil doesn't get any more water until the seedling wilts or the cup feels so light that it's scary. :laugh:

So go ahead and dribble some drops to darken the soil if you get nervous. :slide: Later, when you have a couple pairs of leaves, it doesn't hurt to mist or lightly water the top. It's just that plants almost never suffer much harm from being too dry. The vast majority of the time it's because they're too wet.

Hello Doc,

I want to thank you and the high brix crew and introduce myself. I've chosen the digimoniker of Terp McGirt and I have been out of the gardening game for over 10 years. I had always focused on hydroponics but felt drawn to study soil grows for my return. The bug recently bit me again and I had been scouring 420mag to see what new techniques have been developed. I started seeing blackstrap molasses in journals and people referencing "high brix" which I'd never heard of. I started down the rabbit hole of feeding the soil and here I am months later completely obsessed with microbes! Again, thank you all. You know how you can sense when you're on the right path in life? That's how I feel on this high brix path of learning.

Sorry about the rambling wall of text. I am generally not much of a participant in digital life, but the knowledge I've already gleaned from these forums necessitates my involvement. I am getting my ducks in a row to return to the garden and I have chosen to use your kit. I just joined 420mag and shudder at how long it would take me to make 50 posts if I am not doing a journal. Any chance you could pm me information on joining the movement?

I look forward to continuing my study of the hb crews' journals. They are very inspiring and I am impressed at the generosity shown in spreading the knowledge to us all.

Thank you all for this gift
Terp McGirt
HIgh there! I agree that you're on a great path, with high brix. You'll have unusual weed. Unfortunately, we are no longer able to PM people until they have 50 posts, which I strongly encourage.....however, you can often find out contact information on a member's profile page.

Cannatard: "I love fuckin with the idiots on instagram lmao!!! Bagging on bud washing! I wish I could give them all one giant slap in the head!"

Hilarious! I just went to check out docs vids yesterday cause i saw a post here that said guys were talking trash... I told one guy that was dissing it: "you gotta try it before you knock it. No way are these guys sloppy or messy. Just look at those plants... they dont lie. It does work great and the smoke is amazing when washed. But if you wanna smoke dander, dust, hair, and whatever you put on your plants go ahead. Just more good smoke for us" HaHa he replied... well crap I can't find his message but it was alone these line..." What do you know @bubsjunk go back to taking pictures of your cat" Or something equally lame.. ugh people...

One thing you have to admit, is that 420mag is remarkably free of that crap.

Yes, no problem.

One thing you have to admit, is that 420mag is remarkably free of that crap.

Thank goodness for that. All the drama is what keeps off most social media platforms. I do follow your IG and enjoy all the videos as well. The scoring of the roots really put a better perspective on it for me as I had only read about it and never seen it done, love that. All your little videos help us understand the how's, can't wait to see videos of more of the when's. You should have a YouTube channel..

Wow, Jacob, you stole the words right out of my mouth....very heartfelt....I have not been injured, but I grow for a living with the same passion with Doc's kit to separate myself from the pack...I am increasingly antisocial as I get older, but I have just turned inward to contemplate life and find the meaning of it all....what a well worded post and I'm feeling you; keep on sharing, I'm loving it....:circle-of-love:

I'm the same way in terms of becoming more antisocial as I get older. I have been in sales all my life and am around and talking to people all day every day. When I get home I want to unplug and get away. I seek the outdoors for balance in life...usually with my 2 golden retrievers. It's not that I don't like people but I find balance and solace when I unplug and focusing on the things that make me happy and my hobbies.

I'm also like Jacob and Duggan in that i have a VERY small circle that I can even talk about flower with....none about growing. But that's why I'm here! As Duggan said, everyone here shares the same passion as me and I come here for friendship and knowledge.

Hey Doc, have you ever ran out of CO2 during a flowering period? I have now ran out twice (bad planning) and I think it has caused some insane light burn.

I'm still trying to figure out if I burned them some other way (I suspect way too much cat drench)

I'll post the sad sad pics next :/

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

420-magazine-mobile545522363.jpg

The burn ...and I was so excited about this plant too .

420-magazine-mobile629862887.jpg

This I can tell is the lights, 2 kolas are bleaching. Strange though, this is by far the shortest plant.

Problem doesn't seem to be accelerating anymore, so because of the bleaching and sudden burn I suspected I let's CO2 get too low for too long. Maybe 2 days at ambient at one point.

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I also have another question :) ...how in the heck do you swing your rooms humidity down instantly? What I mean is, I ramp up the humidity to 60s during a lights on, when they turn off my dehumidifier does a great job at holding the room at 60 for maybe 2 hours before it comes back to 50% or lower. I turn on my dehumidifier 30 min early now, but I'm afraid to leave the humidifiers off and I run into the same issue. Help master Doc :)

It's a good thing there is a 60 second wait to make another post, LOL. Anyways, here is a shot of my Jack Herer in veg. I think I'm in love. I gotta find a male, stat

420-magazine-mobile442697527.jpg

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I also have another question :) ...how in the heck do you swing your rooms humidity down instantly? What I mean is, I ramp up the humidity to 60s during a lights on, when they turn off my dehumidifier does a great job at holding the room at 60 for maybe 2 hours before it comes back to 50% or lower. I turn on my dehumidifier 30 min early now, but I'm afraid to leave the humidifiers off and I run into the same issue. Help master Doc :)

Instantly.....I think it might take 10 minutes or more.

I've got a dehumidifier AND a humidifier all programmed to maintain things. In addition, there are pretty large can style fans that exchange the air when the lights go off.

If your controller has a "night device" then you can hook your intake/exhaust fan up to that and exchange air during the night cycle.

Hey peeps, what do you think been building my garden all day. I build all of these planter boxes from old pallets and A little bit of new wood, and I'll use the other pallets as triangular gardens. They ain't perfect but they good.

420-magazine-mobile2016705758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1510300636.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1793048656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom