Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Nice work Mag!

I just harvested my Big Widow (white widow X big bud) and am really happy with how she turned out, lots of large sticky buds! Thanks Doc Bud!

IMG_20170312_180427.jpg

IMG_20170312_152630.jpg

IMG_20170312_154320.jpg

IMG_20170312_140511.jpg

IMG_20170312_140633.jpg

Well then maybe I chose wrong this time. I have an Ace Panama and an Ace Peyote Purple rolling right now. But we'll see. I definitely could use a good sleep one and I The the purp will handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I enjoy ace's Panama for being productive and blocking pain. It's good for focusing without being too racy or disorienting, and while it doesn't kill the pain in the manner that an indica would, it makes you feel good and it pushes the pain to the back of your head where you can ignore it.

Morglie's 1st Journal With Ace Sativas In Doc Bud's High Brix Kit

High y all. Junior taking care of my 10 seedlings last 3 weeks(wks 6-8) and is liking it much compared to the coir regimen of past. He tells me they shot up 3-4" after GE. He let them dry to very lite and does brix fridays and 1/4 trans to surfaces a couple times a week. Just says alot considering no ph or ppm meters and likely skips alot ! I germed them in 7 qt pots hoping that would help and turning out well. Country music 24/7 ! I get back next Tuesday and hoping to see some pistols ! Could a caveman do this too ?:thanks::420:

Wow...spent 12 hours yesterday, re-rigging the "room" and upcanning the 4 ladies, and taking cuttings. Modified the ventilation system and installed my oldie but goodie twin 600w HPS vented hoods with new bulbs, with a 525w LED as needed. I'm pumping some Co2 in and when I used all three LED fixtures in the room I needed to exhaust to hold at 80-82*F. The vented hoods did the trick. Eventually I'll invest in a split, but for now things are good. Lights are officially flipped.

i have some questions,

When taking cuttings do you use Roots! on the cutting and in the hole in the high brix soil? Or is Roots! only to be used once the clone has Roots and you are upcanning from the clone tray?

When I upcanned the 4 plants, I dusted the hole and ball with approx 1/8 cup of Roots! Then watered it in with a gal of h2o with 1 tsp transplant per plant? Did I interpret the instructions correctly?

Thanks you, all of you!

I'll post some pics tonight

DL

Wow...spent 12 hours yesterday, re-rigging the "room" and upcanning the 4 ladies, and taking cuttings. Modified the ventilation system and installed my oldie but goodie twin 600w HPS vented hoods with new bulbs, with a 525w LED as needed. I'm pumping some Co2 in and when I used all three LED fixtures in the room I needed to exhaust to hold at 80-82*F. The vented hoods did the trick. Eventually I'll invest in a split, but for now things are good. Lights are officially flipped.

i have some questions,

When taking cuttings do you use Roots! on the cutting and in the hole in the high brix soil? Or is Roots! only to be used once the clone has Roots and you are upcanning from the clone tray?

When I upcanned the 4 plants, I dusted the hole and ball with approx 1/8 cup of Roots! Then watered it in with a gal of h2o with 1 tsp transplant per plant? Did I interpret the instructions correctly?

Thanks you, all of you!

I'll post some pics tonight

DL

You did good on the Transplanting...the 1tsp of Transplant was optional if the soil is fresh. It won't hurt a thing, but too strong could trouble young roots.

I use Rapid Rooter/ Root Riot plugs for cloning. I have success cloning in the soil too, but find that plugs are just easier to manage. I'd use rooting hormone on them, not Roots!

Hey DL,..as Doc just said there...the 1/4 Transplant during a transplant is no longer needed cuz of the new 'Roots' formula has that 'in it' OK. Fresh , cooked DBHBB soil is loaded with goodies and really needs NO additions to perform nicely OK! Smaller plants in 'our' soil just LOVE it without always GIVING them something. Please don't always feel they need something from the 'kit', cuz they don't. The original set of instructions work very , very well, and i HIGHLY recommend new growers follow those . Cheers DL and gang:)

Thanks doc & Duggan, I think I'm reading so much from past journals, I'm not realizing the info has been updated along the way. I had the updated instruction from the lab journal (Doc's post 1541) handy at the time, and I read to water with 1/4 transplant when upcanning from veg. Oh well, thanks for the clarification, I'll make a note of it. :thanks:

DL

Thanks DL,...ya , here's the think OK,..when we transplant into new, larger pots for a continued grow and 'upcan' this new DBHBB soil has loads of goodies for the plant..NOTHING else is needed. Wait until they've been in the new , bigger pot a while ,..then start with the Drenches OK. Still give Brix once a week to ten days but a fresh transplant does NOT need anything just yet. Remember too, we are growing in containers...what goes 'in' stays in..unlike the outdoors where most is leached or washed away with the rains OK..got it! Cheers Eh!:circle-of-love:

Thanks DL,...ya , here's the think OK,..when we transplant into new, larger pots for a continued grow and 'upcan' this new DBHBB soil has loads of goodies for the plant..NOTHING else is needed. Wait until they've been in the new , bigger pot a while ,..then start with the Drenches OK. Still give Brix once a week to ten days but a fresh transplant does NOT need anything just yet. Remember too, we are growing in containers...what goes 'in' stays in..unlike the outdoors where most is leached or washed away with the rains OK..got it! Cheers Eh!:circle-of-love:

Got it! Thanks pal! :thumb:

DL

This is very important, Duggan! Indeed, with no drain to waste and only this saucer watering technique, we can go longer between drenches with just water in between.

I used to top water, so I could in fact "flush" them, but I get much better results doing it this way, with no water wasted either.

Ok after my little class with Doc and Duggan this afternoon, I stopped in the local shop, picked up some rapid rooter, Elite91 clone solution, vented domes. I took cuttings yesterday and started in Doc's soil, but dashed a little Roots! in the hole (my bad). Today I took more cuttings and started in rapid rooters after dipping for 20s in Elite clone solution. Heat mats under each tray, and sprayed a diluted mist of de-stress on the clones. Oh and last week I started cuttings in my aero cloner. Guess I'm really hedging my bet!

New room set up is running good, a little low on the humidity , 79* 47% RH

The closeup of that one plant is Headband OG...wild looking compared to the others (AK47, Bubblegum, Nitro Lemon Haze)
But it always looks like something isn't quite right...sorry next time I'll switch hps off to photograph:sorry:

DL

IMG_78687.JPG
IMG_78672.JPG
IMG_78669.JPG
IMG_78635.JPG

Ok after my little class with Doc and Duggan this afternoon, I stopped in the local shop, picked up some rapid rooter, Elite91 clone solution, vented domes. I took cuttings yesterday and started in Doc's soil, but dashed a little Roots! in the hole (my bad). Today I took more cuttings and started in rapid rooters after dipping for 20s in Elite clone solution. Heat mats under each tray, and sprayed a diluted mist of de-stress on the clones. Oh and last week I started cuttings in my aero cloner. Guess I'm really hedging my bet!

New room set up is running good, a little low on the humidity , 79* 47% RH

The closeup of that one plant is Headband OG...wild looking compared to the others (AK47, Bubblegum, Nitro Lemon Haze)
But it always looks like something isn't quite right...sorry next time I'll switch hps off to photograph:sorry:

DL

IMG_78687.JPG
IMG_78672.JPG
IMG_78669.JPG
IMG_78635.JPG

Everything looks good there! I do want to know what the floor is made of? Concrete under those stones? If so, please get them up off the floor a few inches, or insulate them with styrofoam panels. That's potentially a big heat sink and could cause trouble with the roots.

Back
Top Bottom