Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Mornin Doc! Well, OK, I slept in:):) Doc,i flipped th MK Ultra girls last night. They are just getting too big now.I'm going away for 7 days in a week so i didn't want to come home to Monsters eh! I have a friend looking in on them ,and has instructions to give them a heavy "just watering" 4 days in. I hope that will do it! One good watering mid week should be ok till i get back,i hope.He's not going to mess around with the sprays...just water.I'l have to get right on some "stress" when i get back.Sound good Doc? Oh, and thanks for getting on that order for more transplant and energy Doc. By the way,how much of each will i get?One more question...when should i start giving them some epson salts? Thanks lots Doc, Cheers eh!

Sorry about the last post Doc. Posted before I finished writing. I'm just curious about volcanic based soil and what an example would look like. Just when I think I'm getting comfortable with these concepts you drop another knowledge bomb.

Sorry about the last post Doc. Posted before I finished writing. I'm just curious about volcanic based soil and what an example would look like. Just when I think I'm getting comfortable with these concepts you drop another knowledge bomb.

What I'm saying is instead of starting with Peat Moss and building a soil, I'd rather start with a rich volcanic soil and go from there.

Champagne turning purple.
Lemon Paki going 12 weeks
Tahoe OG starting to put it on.

Some other random shots

IMG_56252.JPG
IMG_56243.JPG
IMG_56231.JPG
IMG_56223.JPG
IMG_56212.JPG
IMG_56204.JPG
IMG_56192.JPG
IMG_56182.JPG
IMG_56171.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_56151.JPG
IMG_56144.JPG
IMG_56134.JPG
IMG_56111.JPG
IMG_56101.JPG
IMG_56093.JPG
IMG_56083.JPG
IMG_56074.JPG
IMG_56063.JPG
IMG_56042.JPG
IMG_56034.JPG
IMG_56022.JPG
IMG_56011.JPG
IMG_56001.JPG
IMG_55993.JPG
IMG_55983.JPG
IMG_55971.JPG

Can you briefly describe a dry ice run,
Tx the Dog

QUOTE=Doc Bud;1988995]I almost always do a dry ice run with Paki leaves.[/QUOTE]

Hey Doc, can you show a few pictures of your hash? Lemon Paki Hash sounds like a delight.

Can you briefly describe a dry ice run,
Tx the Dog

QUOTE=Doc Bud;1988995]I almost always do a dry ice run with Paki leaves.
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty boring. Search for "Dry Ice Kief Bubble Bag" and you'll get it pretty fast. I put product in a five gallon bucket, toss in about a pound of dry ice, cover it with 150 micron mesh, turn it upside down and shake it.

Gorgeous kief comes out, which we use to make butter. I used washed trim of course, so the kief is delicious and quite clean.

Landrace strains will do better than hybrids.

Hey Tavosvo, I was wondering if you have a link to any details on this info... I'm curious about the Why of this statement... I've read it somewhere before too, but never figured out why and can't find the info where I read it... Do you happen to have a link or something you could PM me? Thanks Tavosvo!

Really I'm kind of curious as to why, and I am wondering if it is like CBD content of buds today, where in most strains its non existant due to MJ being bred in America for the THC and the high for so long. .I am wondering if Hybrids having lower brix potential has to do with a similar mindset, where because of chemical fertz and non high brix growing, Have most of the high brix gene triggers been turned off or bread out?

If so and that is true, then I am also wondering if taking High brix plants and creating seeds, will the "triggers" already be unlocked for a higher brix potential than the parent plants?

I guess its one of those "I'm High" questions that I want to know more :)

Hey Tavosvo, I was wondering if you have a link to any details on this info... I'm curious about the Why of this statement... I've read it somewhere before too, but never figured out why and can't find the info where I read it... Do you happen to have a link or something you could PM me? Thanks Tavosvo!

Really I'm kind of curious as to why, and I am wondering if it is like CBD content of buds today, where in most strains its non existant due to MJ being bred in America for the THC and the high for so long. .I am wondering if Hybrids having lower brix potential has to do with a similar mindset, where because of chemical fertz and non high brix growing, Have most of the high brix gene triggers been turned off or bread out?

If so and that is true, then I am also wondering if taking High brix plants and creating seeds, will the "triggers" already be unlocked for a higher brix potential than the parent plants?

I guess its one of those "I'm High" questions that I want to know more :)

It's pretty much a well known fact among vegetable growers that heirloom fruits and vegetables grow stronger and have much more flavor than the modern hybrid stuff. This assumes they are being grown organically/high brix, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of studies out there. Probably find stuff on tomatos. It has to do with adaptation.

Doc,
Have you thought about using wine barrels either new or old, whole or in half to grow instead of raised beds?
You are in wine country, yes? They hold a heck of alot of soil...can move it with a dolly..

Maybe can get them cut in half height wise and have a trough?
Believe it or not, those things are quite expensive. They do make really nice planters, however.

I had a weekend with some growers from Norcal a few weeks ago and we were discussing root structure and so forth. These guys grow on a large scale, organically, in greenhouses. They're also serious Rastafarians, so they take their work pretty seriously.

Anyways, they grow 6 to 10 pound plants. They put each plant in a 10x10 bed made with rice straw and gopher wire. They're 18 inches deep. These guys insisted that the roots want to grow down a bit, but then want to stay shallow, in a drier soil. They found that 18 inches was perfect, any deeper didn't result in more yield. Same with 10x10. The yield increased from 3x3 all the way up to 10x10.

So, indoors I'm thinking of raised beds like this on a smaller scale, and minus the rice straw and wire.

These guys claim the worms go crazy with a bit of rice flour. They have live worms in their garden beds. Very cool and inspirational.

These guys claim the worms go crazy with a bit of rice flour. They have live worms in their garden beds. Very cool and inspirational.

Are these red wigglers or something else?

Back
Top Bottom