Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ok gang, I started a new thread for ACE Seeds plants. I'm in contact with Dubi from ACE and since they are a sponsor now I'd like to coax him over to the Mag to help out with ACE genetics. He asked where to look for ACE genetics and we really don't have a vendor forum so I thought I'd try and start one. Please post some pics and ask questions if you have them.

ACE Seeds Plant Pics
Dubi on the mag! Yoohoo! Point me in the right direction.

Tried to address this on the Cheat Sheet with the words
"Not necessary" under the description for Rescue Drench.

Please don't get me wrong .. I love the chart/sheet.. very nice job and it helps to give a visual.

If someone new was using it, they would see a rescue, then a Cat, then a GI drench for weeks 6 through 8.
So 1st, what if I don't need the rescue? Which drench should I use next? Then do I just alternate out the next drench which should be a TP? The rest of the chart won't flow correctly if I do that?

Why then a 3rd Cat after that? or the 4th?

This is where I can see it become confusing for someone, just trying to help make it a little more idiot proof so to speak.

Please don't get me wrong .. I love the chart/sheet.. very nice job and it helps to give a visual.

If someone new was using it, they would see a rescue, then a Cat, then a GI drench for weeks 6 through 8.
So 1st, what if I don't need the rescue? Which drench should I use next? Then do I just alternate out the next drench which should be a TP? The rest of the chart won't flow correctly if I do that?

Why then a 3rd Cat after that? or the 4th?

This is where I can see it become confusing for someone, just trying to help make it a little more idiot proof so to speak.

Just got off the phone with Doc--have a few hickups to fix, it looks like.

There should be no 3rd or 4th CD on this guide. We both discussed that there IS, often, depending on the strain, but that's another matter--this guide is to help get those less familiar with the products have a successful growing experience.

Ditto the Rescue Drench--taking it off the User Guide/Cheat Sheet's calendar. Doc reiterated that the Rescue Drench shouldn't be considered to be on any 'schedule', but rather listed so that we all how to make the solution, should we need it in a pinch. So the recipe for it will stay up, but it will be taken off the sample feeding calendar.

All of us, and especially our more experienced users--you know who you are--please speak up if you see any other items that need to be addressed! Doc has no problem keeping this a 'living' document, that gets changed as we all discover better ways to use the kit. "The best has yet to be grown."

Cheers everyone, hope to get these edits made ASAP. Will post back here once they're done and v2 is up!

--Stoney

Find myself getting very frustrated over all this.The kit is very ..very easy to use. People seem to find a way to make it complicated...its NOT. When Doc put out his original set of instructions over 5 yrs. Ago...they were very easy to follow and its how i still use the kit today...after more than 5 yrs...the only thing i do differently is to feed a bit heavier...all else remains the same.
Enjoy the day...all my brothas...and sistas

Thanks for the feedback...hmm....that's about right, wouldn't you say? Or am i misinterpreting you?

The calendars show one drench per week--both in veg, and Flower, with the once exception of Cat Drench, in week 4 of flower. They also show one plain watering per week, and one of each foliar per week.

Instructions are not to start the veg calendar--not to drench--until the plant has 5 internodes. Just good plain water from seed until then. As you know, some folks have tricks and variations that include 1/4 strength transplant, or 1/4 strength de-stress during this time--we're not mentioning that on here, at least not yet.

Did that provide any clarity? or did I make it worse? Would like this thing to be as straightforward as possible--it takes a team--your feedback goes a long way!

:passitleft:

Just got off the phone with Doc--have a few hickups to fix, it looks like.

There should be no 3rd or 4th CD on this guide. We both discussed that there IS, often, depending on the strain, but that's another matter--this guide is to help get those less familiar with the products have a successful growing experience.

Ditto the Rescue Drench--taking it off the User Guide/Cheat Sheet's calendar. Doc reiterated that the Rescue Drench shouldn't be considered to be on any 'schedule', but rather listed so that we all how to make the solution, should we need it in a pinch. So the recipe for it will stay up, but it will be taken off the sample feeding calendar.

All of us, and especially our more experienced users--you know who you are--please speak up if you see any other items that need to be addressed! Doc has no problem keeping this a 'living' document, that gets changed as we all discover better ways to use the kit. "The best has yet to be grown."

Cheers everyone, hope to get these edits made ASAP. Will post back here once they're done and v2 is up!

--Stoney

:thanks:

I was confused by the veg schedule seeing as they never seem to follow a weekly schedule per say. 1st drench is about 3 weeks in, then 10 days, then 5, etc....

I think what you are doing is more of an "advanced" technique than a new grower would need at 1st.
Edit: maybe not after i re-read what you said, LOL sorry.

Find myself getting very frustrated over all this.The kit is very ..very easy to use. People seem to find a way to make it complicated...its NOT. When Doc put out his original set of instructions over 5 yrs. Ago...they were very easy to follow and its how i still use the kit today...after more than 5 yrs...the only thing i do differently is to feed a bit heavier...all else remains the same.
Enjoy the day...all my brothas...and sistas

Yeah I know what you mean, this happens every time an update or modification is made. I think they are just trying to put together more of a visual chart to help people new to the kit. I have no problems with it because a lot of hydro growers are very use to seeing charts like this and may help them if they switch to the kit.

Having switched from hydro myself, there is some things to learn and unlearn.

But in your case "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... :rofl:

In veg, we let the pits dry out so weekly water/feeds are not appropriate. I'm sorry if this confuses any new growers but am happy if it helps. I plant my seeds right on the 1s, that's is fully soaked kit soil, they don't need any water/feed except a little RO sprinkled on top for 3 weeks when there are usually plenty of nodes for a TD (trans drench for noobs) then 10 days for RO, etc...this was from following the Doc/Dark thread which was intended for noobs.

Duggan is correct, it's easy peasy. I can see how noobs can get confused though, it happens to the best of us, me included, ha!:rofl:

I agree on both the CDs and the Rescue. Ditto the weekly schedule. Newbies shouldn't be concentrating on a weekly schedule - they need to learn to observe leaves, weigh the pot, etc.

So basically, we rotate Trans-water-Growth-water through veg and early bloom ... then the CDs ... then back to the Trans-water-Growth-water rotation.

Then there are the ifs. If they haven't hooked up, a Rescue drench. If they're running long, another CD. The ifs can easily be listed separately.

Trans-water-Growth-water-Trans-water-Growth-water. Nuttin to it. :slide:

@StoneyMemoirs you have rescue drenches on weeks 1 & 3 of veg.

Thanks! Whoops...That's supposed to be Transplant Drench, but I understand the confusion--Transplant Drench was deleted instead of the Rescue on the key....Fixed! Thank you. *pew pew*....

If you see any more, feel free to keep em comin' gang! Will check back in later to see if we find other fixes today.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom