Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, I posted this on my journal and thought it would be smarter (and more respectful) to come to you directly.

image22653.jpg

Two tablespoons sprinkled over the soil surface beneath the mulch is what I'm planning. Sound good?

Yep! Sure does.

Hello Doc! Today marks day 30 of my soil cooking, and I wanted to get yours or other folks opinion on it. For the first week and a half the room was kept at 74 degrees and the RH was in the low 30s. I added a circulation fan and some shallow pans of water which increased RH to 40-44, and upped the temp to around 80-84 for the remainder of the cook. The soil is your prescribed mix, and it is in 2 large totes, split evenly. At the beginning there was some mild odor, and one day there was some condensation on the lid of one container. I've kept it turned over every few days. Just a few days ago I added about one gallon more water to each container.

I'm writing in because the soil never felt particularly warm, and I never saw any white fuzz form on top. Is there a way to determine if the soils biology has developed effectively?

Hello Doc! Today marks day 30 of my soil cooking, and I wanted to get yours or other folks opinion on it. For the first week and a half the room was kept at 74 degrees and the RH was in the low 30s. I added a circulation fan and some shallow pans of water which increased RH to 40-44, and upped the temp to around 80-84 for the remainder of the cook. The soil is your prescribed mix, and it is in 2 large totes, split evenly. At the beginning there was some mild odor, and one day there was some condensation on the lid of one container. I've kept it turned over every few days. Just a few days ago I added about one gallon more water to each container.

I'm writing in because the soil never felt particularly warm, and I never saw any white fuzz form on top. Is there a way to determine if the soils biology has developed effectively?

I always thought it was best not to disturb it while cooking, maybe turn it over once and add water halfway through if the top gets dried out, but definitely not every couple days.

Hey Doc two days ago I put 2 clones I took during flower(non-high brix) in my freshly cooked soil,dusted with roots, watered in with a pint each of 1/4 strength transplant plus tea
My question, should I spray them with destress or is it to early and just ride it out till they go back to veg
They are rooted but only a couple of nodes high not many new leaves yet
Deff no single blades out yet
Thanks I plan on starting a journal today I will put up the pics there
I will get a link in my sig as soon as I get it up
:Namaste:

You're good to go! The turning over is what probably kept the fuzzies from forming, but under those conditions you've got the goods!

Hey Doc two days ago I put 2 clones I took during flower(non-high brix) in my freshly cooked soil,dusted with roots, watered in with a pint each of 1/4 strength transplant plus tea
My question, should I spray them with destress or is it to early and just ride it out till they go back to veg
They are rooted but only a couple of nodes high not many new leaves yet
Deff no single blades out yet
Thanks I plan on starting a journal today I will put up the pics there
I will get a link in my sig as soon as I get it up

DeStress is PERFECT for this situation. Just don't overdo it.

DeStress is PERFECT for this situation. Just don't overdo it.

Awesome thanks Doc
Journal is up if you want to take a look
Will destress tonight

You're good to go! The turning over is what probably kept the fuzzies from forming, but under those conditions you've got the goods!

Kpunx, when I mixed my LOS soil I only noticed white fuzziness the first time I opened the tote. This usually grows under the surface, since it's extremely light sensitive, so when you opened and mixed, as I did, you just sent them back below the surface. Your soil had the growth, just were you couldn't see it.

I'm assuming we speak of the same fungal growth.

hey everyone! haven't got around to posting anything in the past couple of weeks, much work done an always more to do. after my last harvest i had purchased a brand new 4x8 gorilla tent with a 1 ft height extension. just about ready to Rock that thing with four 600 watt Platinum LED lights. can't wait to get started! pics will be posted during the process..! :Namaste:

hey everyone! haven't got around to posting anything in the past couple of weeks, much work done an always more to do. after my last harvest i had purchased a brand new 4x8 gorilla tent with a 1 ft height extension. just about ready to Rock that thing with four 600 watt Platinum LED lights. can't wait to get started! pics will be posted during the process..! :Namaste:

Welcome back! I can say you've invested in good gear! I have a 4x8 and an 8x8 Lite line tents set up right now and they are strong! That extra space is worth every penny! And I just got 2 more 900s in last week! I didn't even know my father had bought them! Obviously he has caught the High brix/Platinum bug lol. More light, bigger better plants. 25 gallon pots next time. I ain't about that plant-stressing-tiny-pot-life anymore!

Also, ladies and gents, this journal has reached page 420. 420 pages of education right here! I'm honored to say I've read it all lol.

You go, SloTown, 4 600's in that tent....holy Toledo....I'll just stand down, get out of your way, and watch the show.....

Mornin doc, question for ya. Are still recommending 2nd run recharge or just use trimmings and roots? Thanks as always and hope you had a good easter.

I had a great weekend, including Easter! Thanks!

I recommend amendment for the second run, yes.

However, for the third run, you can either amend with 3rd run amendment, OR cut with fresh promix, trimmings, Roots! and EWC. Then you would re-amend on the 4th run.

It's a matter of personal preference and there is no absolutely "correct" way to recycle the soil. Several of us are doing it slightly differently.

I re-amend the second run and add a few trimmings....cut on the third run, reamend on the 4th....and then I usually discard the soil and start again.

Mornin Doc....hope your weekend was near perfect bud.....Gray has suggested i give my Mazars one more (third) C.D. before finishing w/ G.E. He says they look like they'le take it good. I'm not sure now what to give in a couple days. I've been giving drinks more often the last couple weeks but less quantity.I was going to just give G.E. from here on out but....but....Gray says one more C.D. may help them Max Out. Your thoughts?Thanks eh.....Duggs.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom