Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sorry, no help here. Just not an auto kinda guy. Them I did grow I felt were 2-3 weeks ahead on things or I was slow. That being said I think speeding up the schedule's a bit may help an auto. I have only grown 5 so don't take that info to the bank.

Ya , me too Meds....Autos...Pfft!
Pookss, my friend just stand by, one of these brixer's will soon chime in and help you. I too started out Hydro but soon after jumped to soil and then to the kit...... still learning and pick up new info most everyday. Good luck with the kit..........:peace:
Ya eh Rooster.....but lets not forget...something i always say about the 'kit'...Luck....has absolutely nothing to do with our success!!!.......:surf:

Ya , me too Meds....Autos...Pfft!

Ya eh Rooster.....but lets not forget...something i always say about the 'kit'...Luck....has absolutely nothing to do with our success!!!.......:surf:

Except the occasional 2nd run seed eating Thing. If not using a plug or a layer of straight ProMix

Ive only ever been a soil grower. But someone is hooking me up with some amazing genetics from his grow. He clones only via an aero cloner. Anyone still using an aerocloner and the kit together successfully? Should I just skip putting hydro cuts into the kit? I have seeds for smurfzilla but really wanted to try a pure Sativa out in the kit. From what I’ve read, landraces love the high brix.

I'd put your clones in soil, It takes a little time but they covert to soil roots.:Namaste:

Yea I do clones from a bare roots cloner and it jus sprays ro water up from the bottom of a bucket to the roots or stems if its jus starting out. But I have the clippings then sitting in a little collar in holes on the lid to hold them. And eventually roots pop up and them bam into soil.

Ive only ever been a soil grower. But someone is hooking me up with some amazing genetics from his grow. He clones only via an aero cloner. Anyone still using an aerocloner and the kit together successfully? Should I just skip putting hydro cuts into the kit? I have seeds for smurfzilla but really wanted to try a pure Sativa out in the kit. From what I’ve read, landraces love the high brix.

I'm not sure if what I said above to dynamo1 about the way I clone but my bare roots cloner cud jus be a different name then what u said or they cud be different lol. But I'm using clones from a hydro type cloner and then into HB soil right now and they are doing amazing. They even got so healthy now they pushed the spidermites completely gone lmao. So to answer ur question yea I think they shud be fine jus pop I
Em in an give it a shot. Hope u have great success brotha gud luck an :Namaste:.

Yea I do clones from a bare roots cloner and it jus sprays ro water up from the bottom of a bucket to the roots or stems if its jus starting out. But I have the clippings then sitting in a little collar in holes on the lid to hold them. And eventually roots pop up and them bam into soil.

I'm not sure if what I said above to dynamo1 about the way I clone but my bare roots cloner cud jus be a different name then what u said or they cud be different lol. But I'm using clones from a hydro type cloner and then into HB soil right now and they are doing amazing. They even got so healthy now they pushed the spidermites completely gone lmao. So to answer ur question yea I think they shud be fine jus pop I
Em in an give it a shot. Hope u have great success brotha gud luck an :Namaste:.

Ok awesome. I only was concerned because I saw a post very early on in the thread where doc stated that someone’s plant was showing signs of shock and they found the cause to be the hydro to soil transition.

I’m not worried at all about it anymore, so the Durban ladies will be going from a hydro cloner to 1 gallons of hb soil.

Ok awesome. I only was concerned because I saw a post very early on in the thread where doc stated that someone’s plant was showing signs of shock and they found the cause to be the hydro to soil transition.

I’m not worried at all about it anymore, so the Durban ladies will be going from a hydro cloner to 1 gallons of hb soil.

Well I had some minor spidermite issues when I started my first clones and them going kinda yellow an lookn kinda sad. But that wasnt from the soil or putting it into the soil from hydro or nuthn. It was cause I kept the clones going in the cloner for an xtra 12 days after they had roots an shud have been planted. But I needed to wait for the soil to finish cooking. So the plants started kinda eating themselves and dieing off before I got a chance to plant them. So when I did finally plant them I had to kinda bring them back plus get rid of mites. But all made it and now are doing great all mite free.

Well I had some minor spidermite issues when I started my first clones and them going kinda yellow an lookn kinda sad. But that wasnt from the soil or putting it into the soil from hydro or nuthn. It was cause I kept the clones going in the cloner for an xtra 12 days after they had roots an shud have been planted. But I needed to wait for the soil to finish cooking. So the plants started kinda eating themselves and dieing off before I got a chance to plant them. So when I did finally plant them I had to kinda bring them back plus get rid of mites. But all made it and now are doing great all mite free.

Ahh ok I hear yah. It doesn't hurt to put in like 1/8-1/4 nutrient solution into the hydro cloners. That allows you a few days of leyway without having the plant start to eat itself.

So the durban ladies will be going from hydro to some cooked soil no problemo!

I used an aero cloner set up with varied success. One time they would all root, and the next time - 1 for 5.

I've clipped roots, and other times let them go all hairy and long.

The general opinion is that hydro roots going into soil will have to transition to a soil structured root.

I never really had any shock or anything noticeable. Just followed kit directions.

The reason why I switched to plugs was the inconsistent results with the aero. Which I just didn't have the patience to tinker with. After 5 or so runs, I switched.

Moral of the story is : if the aero works for you - roll with it. Dust the roots and the hole, and grow some awesome produce! Once they take, it's an awesome ride.

QUICK QUESTION ON SNAKE OIL: Am I correct to assume that, when using the Snake Oil mixed into the Brix, you apply the COMBINATION once per week and do NOT do a second application of Brix alone? In other words, if doing the Brix with the Snake oil, you do NOT need to also apply the Brix without it? Is that correct?

:thanks:

QUICK QUESTION ON SNAKE OIL: Am I correct to assume that, when using the Snake Oil mixed into the Brix, you apply the COMBINATION once per week and do NOT do a second application of Brix alone? In other words, if doing the Brix with the Snake oil, you do NOT need to also apply the Brix without it? Is that correct?

:thanks:

My understanding is

Snake Oil is mixed with Brix but only use this mixture twice at most it can burn the roots, if used to much.
You can continue the Brix applications every 10 days

Ok just re-read and NO you do not apply a second brix application by itself the combination is your
10 day application

My understanding is

Snake Oil is mixed with Brix but only use this mixture twice at most it can burn the roots, if used to much.
You can continue the Brix applications every 10 days

Ok just re-read and NO you do not apply a second brix application by itself the combination is your
10 day application

It makes sense that the combination serves as the application since there's the same amount of Brix used with the Snake Oil. But, are you saying I should not do this combination more than twice; or is it OK to use the combination in place of the Brix alone every 7-10 days??? :hmmmm:

It makes sense that the combination serves as the application since there's the same amount of Brix used with the Snake Oil. But, are you saying I should not do this combination more than twice; or is it OK to use the combination in place of the Brix alone every 7-10 days??? :hmmmm:

You need DOCs input on that BUT I am fairly SURE that would not be good
My Understanding is The Snake Oil should not be used more than TWICE

Back
Top Bottom