Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Does using docs kit make us lazy, smart, or a little bit of both? who knows?! I sure as hell am thankful for the hard work being done :D

Lazy or smart. Hmmmm. I suppose it depends.

Is it smart to use a legion of workers to do all the heavy lifting? Or is it lazy?

Is it smart to use soil that has been scientifically PROVEN to create nutrient density in a fully reproducible manner? Or is it merely lazy to not attempt to figure this all out by yourself without any outside input? ( I got massive amounts of outside input....still do. Am I lazy or smart for doing that?)

I guess the way I see it is that it's smart to grow plants the way they were created to grow....in living soil. The fact that it's easy to do this without using pH pens, acids, bases, and so forth isn't lazy.....it merely gives us more time to smoke fat joints while gardening....which is smart?

:lot-o-toke:

I guess the way I see it is that it's smart to grow plants the way they were created to grow....in living soil.

FWIW, humans were created to walk and not fly. yet we chose to break that cycle for reasons we ALL now take for granted. Just because nobody can produce better than DBHB, doesn't mean nobody should ever try.

Lazy or smart. Hmmmm. I suppose it depends.

Is it smart to use a legion of workers to do all the heavy lifting? Or is it lazy?

Is it smart to use soil that has been scientifically PROVEN to create nutrient density in a fully reproducible manner? Or is it merely lazy to not attempt to figure this all out by yourself without any outside input? ( I got massive amounts of outside input....still do. Am I lazy or smart for doing that?)

I guess the way I see it is that it's smart to grow plants the way they were created to grow....in living soil. The fact that it's easy to do this without using pH pens, acids, bases, and so forth isn't lazy.....it merely gives us more time to smoke fat joints while gardening....which is smart?

:lot-o-toke:
Well put.

Couldn’t agree more.

FWIW, humans were created to walk and not fly. yet we chose to break that cycle for reasons we ALL now take for granted. Just because nobody can produce better than DBHB, doesn't mean nobody should ever try.

We should definitely try! All the time. The Best Has Yet to Be Grown!

But.....just for the sake of excellent discussion.....humans have never flown. Airplanes fly, but not people. At best, we can glide with special suits, like a Sugar Glider. Sadly, actual flight is still impossible.

Geese fly long distances. Arctic Terns fly from Greenland to Antarctica every year! They do this without creating pollution of any kind.

Humans can also "fly" from Greenland to Antarctica, but it requires mining, metal fabrication, pumping and refining of "fossil fuels", GPS (so they don't get lost), batteries, plastics, horrible food and all kinds of other stuff.

The energy it takes for humans to "fly" in airplanes isn't to be compared to the energy required for a bird to fly the same distance with only its feathers and foraged food.

Plus, airplanes pollute when they fly and die.....while birds fertilize the soil.

While I appreciate the spirit of always trying to do better, I reject the "if man wasn't meant to fly" philosophy. That type of thinking was first introduced into the collective psyche in order to get people to think that Formula is better than Breast Milk, processed vitaminized foods are better than fresh produce, a paved parking lot is better than left-alone open space, etc.

So, what do Humans do better than birds? Certainly not fly!

But we excel at CULTIVATION.

No other species can cultivate crops like we do. Indeed, other species can help humans cultivate, but without human will and knowledge nothing happens.

High Brix gardening----Ontologically speaking----is nothing more than Human Beings doing what they do best, just like birds do what they're best at by flying.

If we humans stopped trying to kill everyone/everything (another thing we're really good at) and started CULTIVATING in earnest, using biological methods that remediate and improve the soil and nutrition of the crops, which in turn improve our brains and bodies.....there's no telling what good things we could accomplish.

While hydroponics is interesting and useful at times.....just like airplanes.....when you look at it Ontologically it doesn't make as much sense as using the soil.

Afterall, that's what every other species relies on. Birds don't make bird seed......Bears don't make pizza and corn dogs.....even though both will eat them to their own demise.

The laws and functions of nature are where we should be focusing our intellect. We need to literally cultivate those principles instead of trying to break them or make them do something they're not supposed to do, IE mass murder.

This probably doesn't make any sense......

While hydroponics is interesting and useful at times.....just like airplanes.....when you look at it Ontologically it doesn't make as much sense as using the soil.

Personally, I carried in the seeds and a few bags of rock wool, and carried out pounds of weed and used rockwool, but I have lifted nothing else, nothing. For me, that's more than just useful, it's becoming needed. It's sad that you have little respect or appreciation for hydroponics. It makes sense if your judgments stem from bad experiences with various brands as that I completely understand. With soil, "close enough" does wondrous things while in hydro "close enough" results in miles away from the mark. But when you target hydro, element by element, very pleasing and predictable results become probable. I guess I will just have to prove my theory, but I believe I can do better than any other hydro brand on the market by targeting my elements and as a byproduct to that goal, achieve high(er) brix than others have achieved in hydro. I know that sounds cocky, or overly confident, but I assure you, I do not mean it that way. I am very much a novice in mixing nutes, but I believe I asked the right questions to the right people a few months back on RIU that helped me hone in on the underside of good targets for cannabis. I've since then refined those targets and now that I am trying to learn how to improve the brix foresee that I am aiming to discover near perfect targets which if so, would undoubtedly grow out high brix cannabis. I doubt I'd get as high as your brix, but still higher than hydro normally is.

Personally, I carried in the seeds and a few bags of rock wool, and carried out pounds of weed and used rockwool, but I have lifted nothing else, nothing. For me, that's more than just useful, it's becoming needed. It's sad that you have little respect or appreciation for hydroponics. It makes sense if your judgments stem from bad experiences with various brands as that I completely understand. With soil, "close enough" does wondrous things while in hydro "close enough" results in miles away from the mark. But when you target hydro, element by element, very pleasing and predictable results become probable. I guess I will just have to prove my theory, but I believe I can do better than any other hydro brand on the market by targeting my elements and as a byproduct to that goal, achieve high(er) brix than others have achieved in hydro. I know that sounds cocky, or overly confident, but I assure you, I do not mean it that way. I am very much a novice in mixing nutes, but I believe I asked the right questions to the right people a few months back on RIU that helped me hone in on the underside of good targets for cannabis. I've since then refined those targets and now that I am trying to learn how to improve the brix foresee that I am aiming to discover near perfect targets which if so, would undoubtedly grow out high brix cannabis. I doubt I'd get as high as your brix, but still higher than hydro normally is.
I'm not "sad" that Doc has little respect for Hydro....not even a little...I used to grow that way too.....just too much time and effort needed. Nuff said!

I think you guys need to re-read the posts. Brother Doc in no way showed disrespect for hydro. He talked about how hydro has its place and some of the benefits associated with hydro along with some of the challenges in achieving high brix numbers with hydro.

His last post was for the sake of discussion and basically just talked about how soil is much more in tune with nature's design than hydro, which I agree with 420%. :Namaste:

I love the lofty goals you set for yourself, Sky. It would be an awesome leap forward for Hydro. I feel like you are definitely into something good. Wether you are able to achieve true High Brix or even just higher brix levels than other Hydro norms, sounds like you will be able to produce higher quality cannabis than most can get from Hydro. That would be huge.

Doc, any word on your experiments with coco? I remember you talking about it. Coco is my go to for starting clones for ease and early mass of roots in such small pots. Just high in K ?

Doc, any word on your experiments with coco? I remember you talking about it. Coco is my go to for starting clones for ease and early mass of roots in such small pots. Just high in K ?

The Coco thing that Neiko does works.....but for me it doesn't work as well.....but I also toss my soil after 3 runs and I think the coco definitely extends the life of the soil.

Bottom line, I endorse the practice.....not that anyone needs my endorsement. Smoke something grown by Neiko and that's really all you need to know.

I only have a veg room operating right now. It's been a very challenging 4 months for me. But that is soon to be remedied.

IHG Platinum Kush Breath - Day #37 of 12/12 in 2nd Run Soil

full

full

full

Brixy Bones May Get Me Stoned But Vapes Will Never Burn Me! :ganjamon:

Thanks, Brother! :thanks:
These girls got their CATs a little on the early side - The first one was right around 21 days of 12/12.
woahhh. thats early. What are people usually running for cat dates on say 8,9,and 10 week strains. This is my first run with docs kit, i did

1st Cat - 4/24 @ 12mL per Gallon [ Day 31 of flower ]
2nd Cat - 5/1 @ 10mL per Gallon [ Day 38 of flower ]

one strain seems like it will be 8 weeks. maybe that was too late for that one? the other two strains are going 10 weeks or longer.

woahhh. thats early. What are people usually running for cat dates on say 8,9,and 10 week strains. This is my first run with docs kit, i did

1st Cat - 4/24 @ 12mL per Gallon [ Day 31 of flower ]
2nd Cat - 5/1 @ 10mL per Gallon [ Day 38 of flower ]

one strain seems like it will be 8 weeks. maybe that was too late for that one? the other two strains are going 10 weeks or longer.
You're fine, Brother! I did the CATs early on those.

Back
Top Bottom