DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Re: DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc.

Hey Doc - buds look fantastic as always. That supersoil stuff sounds so good it makes me want to experiment with soil (I'm a hydro guy normally). ;)

I'm becoming a fan of Subcool's stuff in general. I'm anxious to grow out some Subcool strains soon. I had some Jilly Bean recently, and it was some of the finest smoke I've had in a long long time. You've certainly showcased a couple of great looking Subcool strains as well.

Anyway, your work continues to inspire Doc. :thumb:

Hey Doc - buds look fantastic as always. That supersoil stuff sounds so good it makes me want to experiment with soil (I'm a hydro guy normally). ;)

I'm becoming a fan of Subcool's stuff in general. I'm anxious to grow out some Subcool strains soon. I had some Jilly Bean recently, and it was some of the finest smoke I've had in a long long time. You've certainly showcased a couple of great looking Subcool strains as well.

Anyway, your work continues to inspire Doc. :thumb:

This will be my most ambitious grow yet....lot's of work going on right now.

I'll also have some very elite and special genetics coming online in a few weeks. Things are gonna get boring for a couple weeks, then when the new rooms are framed, plumbed, ducted and wired.....look out.

I'm constructing what I would consider a perfect grow room.

WOW!!!!!!!! beautiful lookin buds doc it will be nice to what you think the perfect room will look like and be like intriguing you have brought alot to the 420 table keep up the great work THXS :adore: :adore::adore::popcorn:

WOW!!!!!!!! beautiful lookin buds doc it will be nice to what you think the perfect room will look like and be like intriguing you have brought alot to the 420 table keep up the great work THXS :adore: :adore::adore::popcorn:

Well, what it will look like is a 14x14x9 insulated box.

What it will do....that's the good part. Complete climate control and adjustments to 1 degree and 1% rH.....the ability to run vertical bulbs, vented hoods, T5's....whatever you want.

Scrubbed air, CO2, Hepa filter intakes, charcoal filtered exhaust.

Light movers, raised flood tables that drain to waste for watering.

Plumbing so that I can mix up nutes and water with a hose and wand.

Easy access to all the plants....the 14x14 room will have two 4x12 flood trays, leaving room on all sides so you can walk around the plants, prune, stake, trim, inspect, spray....whatever.

No bending over, no difficult access.

That's the basic idea.

love the plan although i do have to say i have always hated light movers.... they seem to make the ladys stretch more... if u have the ability i would just get the extra hoods!
just make sure u get they track stops tight! we had one that worked itself right off the track and on to our plants bout a year ago.... thought we had them cranked down but didnt.... we still use them in Veg but once a month we climb up and tighten the screws...
sounds like you have a great plan brother!

love the plan although i do have to say i have always hated light movers.... they seem to make the ladys stretch more... if u have the ability i would just get the extra hoods!
just make sure u get they track stops tight! we had one that worked itself right off the track and on to our plants bout a year ago.... thought we had them cranked down but didnt.... we still use them in Veg but once a month we climb up and tighten the screws...

I always use light mover, and always tighten the stops!

However, I don't use a light mover as a means to merely cover more area with less light. I use adequate light to begin with, and use the mover to keep the hotspot from roasting one plant. With the mover, you can keep the lights closer to the plants, getting better penetration, etc.

For a 4x12 tray, I use 3000 watts on a 12 inch mover. There's enough light even without a mover, but the mover enhances everything, as described above.

Well, what it will look like is a 14x14x9 insulated box.

What it will do....that's the good part. Complete climate control and adjustments to 1 degree and 1% rH.....the ability to run vertical bulbs, vented hoods, T5's....whatever you want.

Scrubbed air, CO2, Hepa filter intakes, charcoal filtered exhaust.

Light movers, raised flood tables that drain to waste for watering.

Plumbing so that I can mix up nutes and water with a hose and wand.

Easy access to all the plants....the 14x14 room will have two 4x12 flood trays, leaving room on all sides so you can walk around the plants, prune, stake, trim, inspect, spray....whatever.

No bending over, no difficult access.

That's the basic idea.

Sounds like it's going to be awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I wish I had that much room!

I'm still in the planning stages of my new grow room. Although things are getting closer...the electrician will be here at the end of the week to upgrade the main panel and install whole-house surge protection. I can wire everything else inside, but when it comes to pulling the meter, etc. I know my limitations. Once that's done I should be able to start framing very soon.

Looking forward to seeing how your room turns out, I always get new ideas on improving my designs from these journals.

Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242!!! I use it on anything that I don't want to come loose from vibration, and I trust it.

Wow...thats alot of light in such a small area it seems. I have to keep juggling my plants to get the best light coverage. Do you guys know which hood has the best light coverage per light? And would you say that reflective type foils are better then flat white paint? My room is white. One thing I have found is that some plants yeald bigger buds when not as close to the lights. Figure that out?? I am working with one 1000 watt light. I keep it all the way up and have 9 plants vegged for 6 weeks in 5 gallon pots....I feel like I am pushing the limit of what light I have...would you agree with this? I have never even seen a light mover....actually I have never been in another grow room then mine.

My plants are at least 2.5 feet from the light...do you think its to far? Mabey I need 2 600s instead of 1 1000.....or perhaps a more efficient reflector hood?

My attitude order will be here today....Hurray!! or should I sing happy birthday to the seeds. Did you see the sick pics on their picture compition? Look at this pic. Its not mine but thought you would like it Doc...pretty bitchin huh...

user72342_pic614203_1298856802.jpg

user72342_pic614207_1298856988.jpg

I may only use it to move my light mabey 2 feet...would it be worth the effort and cost installing it wonder. Not that I am lazy I just would need someone else to install it. Old back injury.

Cona

never thought of it that way doc! thanks! also... i have NO IDEA WHY I DIDNT THINK OF THAT Fratt! i even have some sitting in my truck from doing my lift!
" damnit shaggie dont be a stoner!' lol

cona buds that are farther away from light will look like they are bigger but they will be lighter and fluffier than the buds directly under the light.... they are "stretching" to the light.... im sure if u looked at the side that is not faceing the light you will notice the bud is growing "lopsided"

Doc i just want to thank you for all the info your adding to this site. it is the Knowledgeable people like yourself that make this site what it is! +reps to you

Hurray!! or should I sing happy birthday to the seeds. Did you see the sick pics on their picture compition? Look at this pic. Its not mine but thought you would like it Doc...pretty bitchin huh...

user72342_pic614203_1298856802.jpg

user72342_pic614207_1298856988.jpg

That first one is PURE AWESOME. I can't wait to do seed runs with my stock ;)

never thought of it that way doc! thanks! also... i have NO IDEA WHY I DIDNT THINK OF THAT Fratt! i even have some sitting in my truck from doing my lift!
" damnit shaggie dont be a stoner!' lol

cona buds that are farther away from light will look like they are bigger but they will be lighter and fluffier than the buds directly under the light.... they are "stretching" to the light.... im sure if u looked at the side that is not faceing the light you will notice the bud is growing "lopsided"

Doc i just want to thank you for all the info your adding to this site. it is the Knowledgeable people like yourself that make this site what it is! +reps to you

Yea...I know what you meen about them growing lopsided...like foxtailing out the side faceing the light...I did see that on the plant I was refering to but the buds are so obvously larger and just as snug as the other...except slightly more stretch between flower nodes.

yah.. it will be more noticable after harvest, the difference in how compact the buds are.
they will loose alot of the water weight i love watching how the plants are affected by subtle changes....

Hey Doc,i've been reading through your journals and have alot of respect for how you go about your work and journals. Your breakdown and assessment of problems have been both methodical and extremely informative. it has really taught me alot. Also has made me certain that on my next grow i will be going straight hempy and following your second grow to a t... I am new to growing and have a very young journal. would you mind taking a look at my current one? I am growing 2 Moby Dick strains (feminized) and 3 Great White (regular seeds).

Hey Doc,i've been reading through your journals and have alot of respect for how you go about your work and journals. Your breakdown and assessment of problems have been both methodical and extremely informative. it has really taught me alot. Also has made me certain that on my next grow i will be going straight hempy and following your second grow to a t... I am new to growing and have a very young journal. would you mind taking a look at my current one? I am growing 2 Moby Dick strains (feminized) and 3 Great White (regular seeds).

Hey Herb, thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. I have fun writing my journals, and if other people also get something from it....very cool.

I'm not at home until Saturday. I'll try to get some pics Sunday or Monday.....rooms are gorgeous....all framed, insulated and sealed. Now I've got to hang Panda film, lights, ducting, controllers, C02....trays, drains, fans.......you know, all that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom