Duggan Does Ace's A5 x Malawi & Thai Chi In DBHBB

I wasn’t sure if it needed to be something handheld that can spray a mist or if it needed to hold a couple gallons like the kind I use to spray weeds outside. Will only have 3-4 plants going at a time.

Well hail and bells I'm finally home again and it may be the fourth page but Ole Rooster1 is in your garden and I'm not leaving until these four fine beauties are full grown....
Don't matter when ya get here...no body is ever late ...:ganjamon:Glad your finally here ...LOL.
Are you taking a break from making memes? :rofl:
:rofl:
What kind of sprayer do y’all recommend for docs kit?
Magoo, any ol cheap thing will work fine bud. All i use is one that custodians use to spray cleaners, with an adjustable nozzle. Hols about a beer's worth of liquid...:slide:works great for our small gardens. remember you don't have to fill them up. Finally gonna 'assimilate ' you are we,...bout fu...n time Mr......:passitleft:
I have a couple of Solo sprayers in different sizes, think this is what Doc uses as well. I also use the hand held spray bottles from China Mart, although I spend the little extra for the ones that spray at any angle.
Ya,...they are very plentiful and inexpensive...any hardware , big box store has them.
I wasn’t sure if it needed to be something handheld that can spray a mist or if it needed to hold a couple gallons like the kind I use to spray weeds outside. Will only have 3-4 plants going at a time.
Just a small one Magoo.
Haven’t seen the whole process in action with the kit but I want to start getting the stuff I need.
....Yes...get on with it....:passitleft:
Lean towards a smaller size, no need to waste product or pump the sprayer an extra million times.
:thumb:
You DO want a fine mist ..
I think this is a different rooster than rooster farms bud.
Oh ya,..we got 2 Rooster's ..that's right.:bravo:
My mistake, that red rooster avatar is popular then. :eek:

Hey gang, great day to everyone. Mare came over earlier and helped me some , get my toddlers transplanted. Took us 90 min's. and it's all done. I put the two Thai Chi's at the back, together,..and the two A5 X Malawi's up front , where i can care for them a little more , and better as bloom progresses and they start to do their 'thang'
No pics for a bit...want them to perk up some for their big intro ...lol.
My plan is as always ,...try to get these to fill out some , before i flip them. I have already 'topped' once, Supercropped several times, and had just begun tieing down a few taller 'leaders'.
When they perk up , i will make sure to get some 'training' pics so ya'l can see wats goin on and how i will try and tame these four Sativas. Given all the soil they just got put into, ..they will take off ..in a week or so. From what Neiko has been doing with his...pretty sure they will be fast growers and love our soil.
Cheers everyone...gonna bbq a couple nice TBones , corn cobs,...salad..."good times"...:circle-of-love:

Happy Saturday to you Duggan and all Duggs’ other visitors too :)

D, I know I could go back and search for it but maybe you can just tell me hey, when do you do your first top. I have always taken off the new shoot above the fourth or fifth node, and usually when it was still fairly fresh - so the tip I would remove was always pretty small, know what I mean?

I’ve noticed others will let it grow some more and then take of a longer section, and still down to the fourth or fifth node - except the “pruned” section is longer in those cases.

I hope that makes sense. Basically I want to top it aroundnthat spot and am wondering if there is benefit to letting it grow say 6+ nodes and then cutting it back to 4or5... or whether taking a little tip at the fifth node as soon as it is big enough to snip is better.
Or is there no difference (except for maybe added veg time...)?

Man I hope that makes sense. I’m actually fairly ripped - typing this has been, interesting ;)

Cheers Duggan :Namaste:

D, I know I could go back and search for it but maybe you can just tell me hey, when do you do your first top. I have always taken off the new shoot above the fourth or fifth node, and usually when it was still fairly fresh - so the tip I would remove was always pretty small, know what I mean?

I’ve noticed others will let it grow some more and then take of a longer section, and still down to the fourth or fifth node - except the “pruned” section is longer in those cases.

I hope that makes sense. Basically I want to top it aroundnthat spot and am wondering if there is benefit to letting it grow say 6+ nodes and then cutting it back to 4or5... or whether taking a little tip at the fifth node as soon as it is big enough to snip is better.

Man I hope that makes sense. I’m actually fairly ripped - typing this has been, interesting ;)

Don' mean to horn in on Duggan, but I'm here, so ...

There's some math to it, if you think about it. The lower couple nodes are usually pretty useless, for instance. And by the time the plant hits bloom, the next couple nodes will be pruned off, so there's 4 pairs, 4 nodes gone already. Then ... how many tops do you want? If you want 8, there's another 4 nodes.

In the end, you're going to end up not using the first four, and if you want 8 tops, you top at the 8th node. If the lowers aren't that great, you lose 3 nodes (5 total) and top at the 9th. Like that.

You can start small and accomplish the same thing, but I don't think it makes much difference, and it may even take longer if you top a small plant. The big ones take it in stride - much larger root system. I've usually shaped mine into a reasonably even canopy within 7-10 days. The added advantage to topping a bigger plant is that you have an opportunity to see its natural shape before you try to train it. Waiting feels more harmonious and natural to me, even as hard as it is to whack that big ol' top off.

Another reminder on the importance of thinking in terms of roots. A well developed root system will grow vigorously in response to any pruning - won't be denied. :)

:Namaste:

Excellent Gray - that helps a lot. All the growers I watch because I want to grow those kinds of plants, top more mature plants, the way you describe. It’s good to know some of the reasons for the method. I had been thinking I would discard my old routine and top just before transplant to the 10gal, the way Doc does (I think) so I’ll stick with that vague plan - unless opportunity presents itself sooner. I haven’t decided on how many tops I want to aim for - suppose I should think about that. Was thinking top once, maybe twice and see what I can get it to do! I have a few other grows of the same strain (BLue Dream) to check out, so that should provide some food for thought on that front. Thank you
:thanks:

...and "talking"...don't forget "talking"...:rofl:...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:
Yes...Hook!...There was some talking too!:ganjamon:...........lmfao!

Hi Amy...yes , i understand what you are asking, so did Gray and responded as he is very good at topping , training , etc.
TBh i usually just top at the third, fourth or fifth set of true leaves, but that depends on you , what your goals for the plant are , how long your gonna veg for , expected yield etc. FYI , i never used to top any of my plants...didn't like doing that too much , so i got pretty good at training them to develop all the tops we like , just by training them and controlling the 'leaders'. Now i always top , at least once cuz it's faster, less messin around etc. Remember Amy , Supercropping young plants is a very , very fast and effective method of controlling height too. I am currently doing this now and will put up a few pics tonight showing how and what i'm doing with my lil toddlers. I find LSTing a lot of fun ..and a person can really get great experience with cultivating training and manipulating them at a young age, when they respond the best.
Ok, so lets say we are looking at a fully mature plant , that was topped very early in veg. when it was very small.....if you look at the main stalk , by the soil, you will see when that plant was topped and what effect it had on that main stalk developing. When you see a very short , very thick main stalk, that plant has /was topped very early ,...you can tell just by how short , or tall (like Grays) are. The later you wait to top...the taller that first 'main' section of stalk is. Not too stable by the looks of it but can create a very knarley looking stalk , at soil level...know what i mean? Sometimes in a tent or GR a person needs to control one plant as she wants to grow taller and faster than the rest...this is when teing down and SCing the leaders comes into play. Helps tremendously in keeping the canopy level. Anyhow, hope this has helped a lil...enjoy the day Amy!
Haha duggs, I made page 5, I hope I didn't miss too much
Was wondering when youd get here! Great to have ya bud!:passitleft:
Wow! how did I miss 6 days, Here for the ride.:reading420magazine:
Welcome aboard Drift! Enjoy this grow bud...Sativas this time....yikes eh!
I ordered Docs kit today!:high-five:
Fu...n eh Magoo...you will soon be 'assimilated'...muhaha!:thumb::bravo::cheer:.........:surf:
.... Lmao, China Mart.... Bet they sweating now that Trump has decided to go to Trade War status... Gonna cost like 3 cents more... Pfffttt.... Green Sunday all...
Great day to ya Hacks....enjoy the day bud!:high-five:
Nice ....show off!:bravo:
Morning Duggs, was checking my email this morning and saw this

You're at the top of that list sir!!! That is awesome!
Hey 119...well, look at that eh....hmmm...never woulda thought...lil ol me! What a hoot. Thanks 119!
Enjoy this beauty of a day !:passitleft:

Good morning gang a mine! Wonder how the four look this morning .....gonna get some pics up tonight ...wanna show Amy ...and others what i'm doing , as far as LSTing , SCing , Tieing down etc! If these four are not kept 'in check' they will for sure take off with all this soil,...so...enjoy the day everyone.:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom