Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

Top of the evenin to ya my brothas.Finished my project...2-1/2 hrs. on my knees ,on concrete. Very difficult ... not fun. But ,i must admit...i'm so glad i did it. If you check out the first few and the last few , you can see how much more room i have up top. Put 8 ,as planned on the back (single ) pot and just 6 on the front one. Had to cut one in half to form a cross keeping them apart ,due to the flexible sides. I feel crappy about the abuse they're taking and i should have known better than to let them get so big in veg.All you newbies out there...take notice. What i'm doing here with these Desfran ,100% Sativas is wrong, period...unless of course you have 15' ceilings and lots of space.
Anyhow Gang check these out will ya...the idea is to make the branches "surf the wire". horizontally as much as possible. I suspect that back plant ,the single will recover in a couple days and appear bushier,with a more controlled and even canopy. The front two plants in the double pot only needed a lil training and support. This was a major improvement and will hopefully give me some control over the next 9-10 weeks.

Both pots got 4 gal's each of 15mls. G.E. and 2mls. Tea...that's all , forgot the Trans tonight. They won't miss it.Have a great night Gang....no time for visiting today Cheers.
Desfrans_after_grid_001.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_002.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_003.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_004.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_005.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_006.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_008.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_009.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_010.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_011.jpg
Desfrans_after_grid_012.jpg
:circle-of-love:

That will show em Dugg! :goodjob:

Hey! Thanks for the tip on pipe cleaners! I bought 100, they are soo cheap. They are so easy to bend and shape them, they are even useful to clean my glassware! Best buy of the month aside from the seeds :thanks:

You showed them whos boss eh Duggs?! Just wait homey...youre gonna wake up tonight wrapped in pipe cleaners tied to rods getting lashed by a big foot wide sativa leaf hearing..."whos your mommy!!!!!" Ahhhhhh!!!! Lmfao :)

You showed them whos boss eh Duggs?! Just wait homey...youre gonna wake up tonight wrapped in pipe cleaners tied to rods getting lashed by a big foot wide sativa leaf hearing..."whos your mommy!!!!!" Ahhhhhh!!!! Lmfao :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mornin Scrubbs....dude you got me cryin here bud....what a hoot.:laughtwo: I know eh...wrapped up in pipe cleaners.....LMFAO....You guys all have an awesome day. I can't wait to see the ladies after their beat down session last night. They got a drink too...of G.E. OH OH!:tokin:

Which one Boogs....? there's 5 of em in there....the Budmaster 2, 675xg.? or the Dorm Grow 240 b's. or the Dorm Grow 90w,ufo's.? Cheers eh.

You ever stop and consider how crazy we all are with our grows? Never satisfied with the lighting, forever moving to bigger and bigger pots, expanding grow spaces and the relentless search for seeds. God, this is soooo much fun!!! Everyone needs a little hobby, no?

Hey Duggs!
I kept wondering over your post in which you said T5 HO are unnecessary, as T8 can do the same thing and are way cheaper. You also clarified that you don´t put the girls under them for too long, so it works for you.
I´ve been reasearching on the web for about a month now, and until that post of yours, I was certain that the only lights that were worth a while were the T5 HO. I found lots of growers even saying that if the T5 weren´t HO, it was not worth a damn as a veg lamp.

Naturally, as most of recent growing technology here in the third world, T5 HO fixtures are not available and I was almost ready to order from China. Well, until I saw your post on T5/T8. I believe in your growing experience but I need to ask if you´ve had any real experience with T5 HO´s.

As I said earlier, most recent advances regarding growing are unavailable here (including DBHB), so I always do a great bit of research before I start ordering overseas or across the continent. Anyway, info on T5 HO is scarce and redundant, also the source is vague and evidence(most of the time without any contrast comparison) is lacking.
I intend to use them to clone and veg(veg time ~ 4 weeks) and I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. It would be great to pull this off with T8s, as they are cheaper and available here.

Thanks a lot man. Loving the posts here :thumb:

PS: Sry I didn´t quote your post about T5/T8. Couldn´t find it on this f´n cellphone's browser

the budmaster, duggan. that thing is a beast!

Hey Boogs...ya the Budmaster ...very nice ,very reliable, and loads of the right kind of light for our ladies.It was a lil pricey but cheaper than their new G.O.D. line. Those are way out there as far as price goes. Wish I could afford one...but no way dude...they're just tooooo much $$$. Cheers pal..

Hey Duggs!
I kept wondering over your post in which you said T5 HO are unnecessary, as T8 can do the same thing and are way cheaper. You also clarified that you don´t put the girls under them for too long, so it works for you.
I´ve been reasearching on the web for about a month now, and until that post of yours, I was certain that the only lights that were worth a while were the T5 HO. I found lots of growers even saying that if the T5 weren´t HO, it was not worth a damn as a veg lamp.

Naturally, as most of recent growing technology here in the third world, T5 HO fixtures are not available and I was almost ready to order from China. Well, until I saw your post on T5/T8. I believe in your growing experience but I need to ask if you´ve had any real experience with T5 HO´s.

As I said earlier, most recent advances regarding growing are unavailable here (including DBHB), so I always do a great bit of research before I start ordering overseas or across the continent. Anyway, info on T5 HO is scarce and redundant, also the source is vague and evidence(most of the time without any contrast comparison) is lacking.
I intend to use them to clone and veg(veg time ~ 4 weeks) and I would really appreciate some thoughts on this. It would be great to pull this off with T8s, as they are cheaper and available here.

Thanks a lot man. Loving the posts here :thumb:

PS: Sry I didn´t quote your post about T5/T8. Couldn´t find it on this f´n cellphone's browser

Top of the day to ya Engorage. I'm glad your doing some research on the subject. I'l say this again for you pal....you don't need the T5's. and yes the T8's. will work perfect for you...don't fret over it OK...just get a couple T8 fixtures and youl'e be off to the races. About the Q. of experience with them...yes I work with them almost every day here on campus.A couple yrs. ago we started doing retrofits with all the old T12's ,converting them all to Electronic T8 ballasts and T8 lamps.A little fact about the T5's..... light is heat ...so if you compare T5' and T8's the T5's run a lot hotter than T8's cuz the surface area of the T5's. is so much less than the T8's. That's another reason I like em ...they will not burn the vegetation if they accidentally rest against them for a short bit. You should drop the T8's. right down as close as you can hang them. Anyone with T8's should get them to within an inch or 2 of the canopy. The lil extra lumens the T5's. put out are just not worth it....trust me. Get a couple T8's...they're cheaper ,more readily available,easy to work with and they DO the job, period. After you veg,. em for a few weeks ,they go under our main lights anyhow. The flor,. are just for the first 3-4 weeks. Hopes this helps you make up your mind Engorage. Cheers pal...let me know how you make out. I know you'le be happy with how they work. Try and get the 6500K lamps for the fixtures. Gotta book...I'm at work....whoops eh!

Thanks a lot pal!
I guess I will give em a try, see how that works out. As you said, they are cheap and available, if you say they do the job I´m sold! Glad to be subbed here! And heat is indeed one of the primary aspects I was hoping to manage with these fluors.

Top of the day right back at ya mon! :thanks:

Thanks a lot pal!
I guess I will give em a try, see how that works out. As you said, they are cheap and available, if you say they do the job I´m sold! Glad to be subbed here! And heat is indeed one of the primary aspects I was hoping to manage with these fluors.

Top of the day right back at ya mon! :thanks:

I use t5s for my clone chamber...that's it, but they work fine for the purpose :)

1 more quick Q. I can´t come by any T8 (6500k) more powerful than 36W. Will these do or should I just go order some 58W? The room space is about 1.6x4ft.

Back
Top Bottom