Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

I use t5s for my clone chamber...that's it, but they work fine for the purpose :)

Hey bud...Ya there is ,of course nothing wrong with the T5's. They are a bit stronger but if you havn't purchased veg. flour. yet than i'm trying to help out guys on a budget cuz as soon as you say "grow light" or T5 grow light.....the price shoots up....ya know. The very best way to go about it is to just get a hold of some old, prehistoric T12's., replace old ballast with new electronic T8 ballast and new lamps....this will in effect give someone a brand new T8 fixture since it's been converted. The t5's are a pain in the ass cuz the sockets in them are much smaller....oh ...now you can't interchange anything....know what i mean?T8's are less expensive , more readily available and when you buy them you don't feel like someone's in your pocket ......cheers Scrubbs.:high-five:

The T5 i bought didn't last a year before the buld went out and it was like $50 for replacement. YMMV

I veg under a set of 3- dual-4' shop lights. The whole fixture cost about $50us to build. Has worked great for veg for years.

IMHO don't spend big bucks on flouros. They are cheap at Walmarts. :)

Hey bud...Ya there is ,of course nothing wrong with the T5's. They are a bit stronger but if you havn't purchased veg. flour. yet than i'm trying to help out guys on a budget cuz as soon as you say "grow light" or T5 grow light.....the price shoots up....ya know. The very best way to go about it is to just get a hold of some old, prehistoric T12's., replace old ballast with new electronic T8 ballast and new lamps....this will in effect give someone a brand new T8 fixture since it's been converted. The t5's are a pain in the ass cuz the sockets in them are much smaller....oh ...now you can't interchange anything....know what i mean?T8's are less expensive , more readily available and when you buy them you don't feel like someone's in your pocket ......cheers Scrubbs.:high-five:

Shit, I bought mine at wally world for cheap. Theyre the under cabinet lights....hell, they even daisy chain! Cheap as fuck but they work fantastic! And they have stacks of replacement bulbs right beside the fixtures. I took two of em and cleaned them with alcohol then taped them together with gorilla tape. I love my little clone station lol :) Cheers Duggs my Bruggs lol :)

The T5 i bought didn't last a year before the buld went out and it was like $50 for replacement. YMMV

I veg under a set of 3- dual-4' shop lights. The whole fixture cost about $50us to build. Has worked great for veg for years.

I ran T5s over my reef aquarium before moving up to hids. If I remember correctly the bulbs were replaced every 6 months on them. I use the cheap reflector topled LEDs for veg. They run very cool and no need to replace bulbs but are a bit more upfront than flouro. Overtime they are a lot cheaper than t5 but I have no idea how much the t8 bulbs go for or how long there good for. The point of this rambling was to keep in mind just because a light is working doesn't mean it's working to its full potential :)

Ya ...speak up you guys...there's alot of newbie growers out there that need to hear this about ...what ,...."shop lights" freekin perfect. It's all we need, period. I spend my cash-ola on new leds for the bulk of the grow + bloom. Flour. light is ....and always will be...flor. light.Cheers eh.:passitleft:

Shit, I bought mine at wally world for cheap. Theyre the under cabinet lights....hell, they even daisy chain! Cheap as fuck but they work fantastic! And they have stacks of replacement bulbs right beside the fixtures. I took two of em and cleaned them with alcohol then taped them together with gorilla tape. I love my little clone station lol :) Cheers Duggs my Bruggs lol :)

LMAO ...that's what i'm waitin for...it's the shit eh...cheap as fuck ....i laugh....why spend alot of coin on lights you don't need. Hell, ...sometimes i feel like collecting old lights now and re-ferbishing them . New sockets,electronic,T8 ballasts, and new lamps. What i have is an old industrial , 4', 4 lamp. I just changed everything out....and ..before anyone says ...but ,your an electrician....i say crappola...anyone on these threads can do it...me teach...we learn...we happy!:thumb:
I ran T5s over my reef aquarium before moving up to hids. If I remember correctly the bulbs were replaced every 6 months on them. I use the cheap reflector topled LEDs for veg. They run very cool and no need to replace bulbs but are a bit more upfront than flouro. Overtime they are a lot cheaper than t5 but I have no idea how much the t8 bulbs go for or how long there good for. The point of this rambling was to keep in mind just because a light is working doesn't mean it's working to its full potential :)
We gotcha Smokey...ya ,here's the thing with T8's. and reliability. I've had the same four lamps for about 5 yrs. now. I start of only using two lamps when they're really small (cause there are two,two lamp ballasts). After they need some more ...i just turn in the other two lamps....presto, good for another 7-10 days. The cost of the parts to build a completley new fixture is stupid compared to these new t5's. They see you coming with all your money....and yes, they will take it and smile! Have a great night Gang....i'm gonna hang....cheers.:circle-of-love:

been listening to you preach it...about 3months too late... :D

Top of the day to ya Gang...alls well in H.B. land i see...excellent! Took a few pics today cuz i was super stoked to see ...ya you got it ,...resin...after 9 days. Another 10 weeks to go...:yahoo:
The garden as a whole , as far as appearance goes ... sucks....straggelly lookin things. They havn't got over their beat down yet...couple mains failed to re-appear. They've turned back up ,but are lagging behind now....fu...k sakes. Couldn't see em.That was from over a week ago...ya eh.:wood:
Anyhow have a splendiforous evening Gang. Thoughts go to SS and Dale during this time. Cheers guys.:green_heart:
bloom_one_week_001.jpg
bloom_one_week_005.jpg
bloom_one_week_006.jpg
bloom_one_week_007.jpg
bloom_one_week_008.jpg
bloom_one_week_010.jpg
bloom_one_week_011.jpg
bloom_one_week_012.jpg
:Namaste:

Lookin' fan-freekin-tastic! I think the "lagging behind" is exactly what yo needed to contain them. I can't get over the size of those fans! :thumb: Reps!

Lookin' fan-freekin-tastic! I think the "lagging behind" is exactly what yo needed to contain them. I can't get over the size of those fans! :thumb: Reps!

Major , the fans are stupid....i can't believe them iether.
Was thinken of your garden today and was wondering how mother nature is treating your ladies.I'm pulling for ya .Just so ya know bud.Have a great night Major.:high-five:

Major , the fans are stupid....i can't believe them iether.
Was thinken of your garden today and was wondering how mother nature is treating your ladies.I'm pulling for ya .Just so ya know bud.Have a great night Major.:high-five:

Thanks! The garden is still there. For me, that's half the battle.
Off to a local pub for some trivia with my kids and grandkids, dinner, and brews. Doesn't get much better on a warm evening.
Have a great one my friend!

Maybe Doc will send you some "Shrink" instead of Growth :)

looking great Duggan!

its summer time..so you won't freeze your ass off when you are living in a tent :rofl:

Ya eh Ziggs....I'm thinken the Desfrans should come with some sort of warning label...Warning .Do Not Grow In H.B. soil indoors! :blunt:
I did however read somewhere that they like "root space" Musta overlooked that one....whoops...:surf:

Back
Top Bottom